Dbacks vs. Nationals series thread

PHXSportsFan4

Time for baseball season.
Reaction score
Bases loaded,nobody out. It's going to be a long year for the Nats.
lol yea, their starters can't keep them in the game long enough. Going to the bullpen in the 4th and 5th inning isn't going to work. Their offense is pitiful too.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sac fly for Young to get his 4th RBI of the night. 7-0 and only 1 out.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked the right night to go to a game. I wish Drew would've played instead of Tracy. Even if Drew hadn't have had the flu I guess Melvin had to start Tracy because he had that 2 HR game off of Williams a couple years ago. In person Owings looked pretty good. He sat at 89-91 mph with good life on his slider. Main reason he threw so many pitches is that he didn't get very many easy outs. It was nice to see Chris Young hit a home run. I hope Juan Cruz becomes more consistent. He has the best pure stuff on the team.

I feel sorry for the Nationals right now. RFK has got to be the worst ballpark in the majors. Lucky they one have to spend one more year there. There lineup is awful. It felt like the movie Major League tonight with all their miscues. Their guy getting picked off third was hilarious.

OP
OP
coyoteshockeyfan

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I picked the right night to go to a game. I wish Drew would've played instead of Tracy. Even if Drew hadn't have had the flu I guess Melvin had to start Tracy because he had that 2 HR game off of Williams a couple years ago. In person Owings looked pretty good. He sat at 89-91 mph with good life on his slider. Main reason he threw so many pitches is that he didn't get very many easy outs. It was nice to see Chris Young hit a home run. I hope Juan Cruz becomes more consistent. He has the best pure stuff on the team.

I feel sorry for the Nationals right now. RFK has got to be the worst ballpark in the majors. Lucky they one have to spend one more year there. There lineup is awful. It felt like the movie Major League tonight with all their miscues. Their guy getting picked off third was hilarious.
Sounds like you had a good time nathan, how's the area treating you? Are you going to make it to see Webb pitch tomorrow?

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Impressive win tonight. It's only the Nationals, but I'll take it. Owings showed a lot and I hope he can continue it...what a great way to start a career. He doesn't throw so hard but he didn't make a bad pitch today. That was a great homer by Young too.

Phxchris1989

Registered
Reaction score
Fun fact: As I watch the Dbacks@ Nats via MLBTV archive, at the beginning of the telecast the Nats commentators said the pitching is the strong point of the Nationals this year.

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
Fun fact: As I watch the Dbacks@ Nats via MLBTV archive, at the beginning of the telecast the Nats commentators said the pitching is the strong point of the Nationals this year.
Their bullpen hasn't looked bad so far...

PHXSportsFan4

Reaction score
PHXSportsFan4 said:
I'll take a look at it after the game and I'll let you know what I think after watching the replay. I thought he was safe initially, and the 1st replay from the 3rd base side angle he still looked safe, but the angle from behind the plate that the umpire had he looked out because the catcher blocked the plate. The whole ball in hand thing I'll have to check again, it looked like he had the ball in his hand but with it in the glove. You see that a lot so the ball doesn't pop out when the tag is being put on.

The ball was in the catcher's bare hand and he tagged him with the empty glove. It looked like he got under the empty gloved tag anyway.
I stand corrected. You had it right, good call man. The ball was in the catcher's hand and he made the tag with the glove with no ball and tried to get the ball into the glove but couldn't get it in there. Still got the out call. I had the call right to begin with :bigyawn:

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you had a good time nathan, how's the area treating you? Are you going to make it to see Webb pitch tomorrow?

I'm having a good time so far. I'll definitely make it out today and perhaps tomorrow if I get some errands out of the way.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. You had it right, good call man. The ball was in the catcher's hand and he made the tag with the glove with no ball and tried to get the ball into the glove but couldn't get it in there. Still got the out call. I had the call right to begin with :bigyawn:

Even from centerfield I could see that he was safe. I didn't notice the ball wasn't in the glove though.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crazy_Player