Dbacks @ Dodgers Series Thread

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Crawford is on the DL.
Van Slyke is on the DL.
We don't have to face Kershaw or Greinke.
I like our chances in this series

Time to sweep the Dodgers

:dbacks:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Tough for Dbacks with our pitching to sweep anyone.

Still, it would be sweet.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Crawford is on the DL.
Van Slyke is on the DL.

Puig is back, and Bolsinger is having a beast year. (seriously??? we was our reject last year with an ERA over 5) and Pederson is having a good year out of nowhere.

We have De La Rosa and Hellickson pitching in the same series.

we gon' get swept

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Puig is back, and Bolsinger is having a beast year. (seriously??? we was our reject last year with an ERA over 5) and Pederson is having a good year out of nowhere.

We have De La Rosa and Hellickson pitching in the same series.

we gon' get swept

I disagree...I mean the freaking Giants swept the Dodgers with their shaky pitcihng (outside of Bumgarner). I don't see why the Diamondback can't do the same.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Crawford is on the DL.
Van Slyke is on the DL.

Sweep in Chavez?? Dude, this is the D-Backs, not the Cardinals.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I disagree...I mean the freaking Giants swept the Dodgers with their shaky pitcihng (outside of Bumgarner). I don't see why the Diamondback can't do the same.

probably because the dodgers are 7 games over .500 and we are 2 under. congrats, the giants are good.

OP
OP
FArting

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Sweep in Chavez?? Dude, this is the D-Backs, not the Cardinals.

1. Our offense is good.

Owings on a 11 game hitting streak.
Goldschmidt
Pollock
Tomas
Lamb is back.

2. Our bullpen sucked last time we played them. Marshall is in Triple A. Our bullpen is a lot better.

3. Our starters De La Rosa Ray Hellickson
Rollins is slumping.

Ray has pitched well past couple of starts. We should have beat New York in game 1. Leone gave up 3 runs. Hellickson is pitching better. De La Rosa is due for a good start.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
1. Our offense is good.

Goldschmidt
Pollock
Tomas
Lamb is back.

2. Our bullpen sucked last time we played them. Marshall is in Triple A. Our bullpen is a lot better.

Rollins is slumping.

Ray has pitched well past couple of starts. We should have beat New York in game 1. Leone gave up 3 runs. Hellickson is pitching better. De La Rosa is due for a good start.
I was with you until, "De La Rosa is due for a good start." Until he shows us, it is just a wish rather than a prediction.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
1. Our offense is good.

Goldschmidt
Pollock
Tomas
Lamb is back.

Rollins is slumping.

With all due respect, the 11 game hit streak from Owings is so misleading... He is not at all having a remotely good season at the plate. In fact, along with Hill, Ahmed and our C position, they're killing us! Tomas has been very good, but no deep-ball threat... Lamb still has a ways to go to show he can come back at the level he was at prior to his visit to the DL. He didn't look so great against the Mets, but then again, that applies to the rest of our offense...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Big stretch here for our boys. 6 against the division leaders Giants and Dodgers. If we can win both series we will be in pretty good shape whereas if we lay eggs and get swept it makes the mountain we are climbing look a lot steeper.

I think this is as big of a 6 game stretch as you can have in June. Lets get 4 wins minimum boys!

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
DeLarosa already getting knocked around in the first... Man our starters just flat out suck...

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I have a feeling things are about to take a very ugly turn for this team. Our pitching, which has been teetering on horrible all year, is now in full collapse mode. And our offense is finally coming down to earth...
I think we'll be lucky to scratch a win or two on this road trip...

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have a feeling things are about to take a very ugly turn for this team. Our pitching, which has been teetering on horrible all year, is now in full collapse mode. And our offense is finally coming down to earth...

Like I said, this will be a defining stretch for this team one way or another.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Well we aren't Colorado.. We wouldn't have been able to keep up that offensive pace all year. Baseball is a long season, you can't buy into early season hype.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This game is a reminder for some who feel this team is going places this year, that the talent is not quite there yet.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
And once again, a starter couldn't reach the 6th... Beyond putrid!

This game is a reminder for some who feel this team is going places this year, that the talent is not quite there yet.

Starters rarely go beyond 5 innings, relievers have been basically bad and we still have too many holes in the hitting lineup. We have held up amazingly well, but I am afraid it will all come crashing down the 2nd half of the season.

Last edited:

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Starters rarely go beyond 5 innings, relievers have been basically bad and we still have to many holes in the hitting lineup. We have held up amazingly well, but I am afraid it will all come crashing down the 2nd half of the season.

Top-5 pick next year? :D

OP
OP
FArting

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
De La Rosa and Collmenter are struggling. The other 3 are pitching better.

Ray last time out against the Mets bullpen gave up the lead. He needs to go deeper.

Last time out against Frias we never hit against him. This time we are going to rough him up.