Darren Fells re-signed...1 year...

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saw it over on Yahoo sports. REALLY like this signing. I think he is going to become a real "force" going forward.

Mark :)

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice if fells has another solid year lock him up to a multi year deal fells can actually catch and amazing size plus he did a great job of breaking tackles

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm sold on Fells. The guy is only going to get better. He's only been playing serious football a few years. I said it during training camp, the Fells that showed up last year to this year was night and day. I expect him to develop into a solid tight end. He's probably not Graham or Gronk, but solid. I hope we incorporate him more into our offense.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Nice if fells has another solid year lock him up to a multi year deal fells can actually catch and amazing size plus he did a great job of breaking tackles

breaking tackles...and arms...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If they didn't sign him, I would have been upset!

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
The guy is good and as mentioned, he is one of those guys who actually did grow as a player past the practice squad once he got a few seasons under his belt in the NFL :)

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great. He could have done better so wonder why he would settle this early for one year?

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is that Troy Niklas thing working out. Fells should get his money. :D

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great signing. Like the 1 year deal too. If he proves again next year, then sign him to a 4 year deal. What's the deal with Gresham? Cards planning on bringing him back too?

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I know who he is.I was just poking some fun at those who think Fells is so great.

He may not be an awesome TE but when he is thrown the ball, he makes plays. Why do you think he's not great?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The next Darren Fells played on tv last night for Baylor, PF Rico Gathers. They mentioned it multiple times during the game but apparently NFL scouts were at the game watching Gathers because many think he can play TE in the NFL.

Apparently it was just the Bills that officially registered but there may have been others there. he's listed at 6'8" 275, he's not really that tall which is why his NBA stock is not high, undersized PF just like Fells.

His older brother Greg played football at Georgia Tech and apparently Baylors football coach offered to let him play at Baylor if he wanted to try. Some think he could play DE but most see him as the latest basketball convert to TE.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Guys — he was an exclusive rights free agent. He didn't have any choice but to sign here, for one year, or else not play football.

This isn't a coup. It's a slow news day.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Guys — he was an exclusive rights free agent. He didn't have any choice but to sign here, for one year, or else not play football.

True and I'm probably speaking for most of us, we are glad the Cards wanted to sign him again

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

True but I do like Fells. I was very skeptical when we first got him but he has a chance to be a pretty valuable guy. The run game really worked better with him in there and he showed some flashes as a receiver.

It'll be interesting to see what else we do at TE. Momah is an exclusive rights FA too per the Cards website. Niklas is under contract and Gresham is a FA. I think Palmer had much to do with Gresham coming here but he seemed unable to stay healthy. Right now though it would appear Fells is the clear #1 TE.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson