Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is a top5 team easy. Way better than Grizzlies/Portland/Nola/Utah/OKC/Kings/
Wolves/Mavs. Not afraid of LAs Warriors and especially Houston. Title contender for sure.

Jae for Gallo= A wash

called it all except Utah. They’re damn good this year.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
man called me a lunatic (I was right)

I said that the idea was lunacy, which is not the same thing.

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think these Suns are a title contender. They've been overachieving so far, and that's great, but the league's elite aren't taking them seriously yet -- witness how the other powerhouses always manage to have some of their stars sitting when the Suns are the opponent.

Also, Paul hasn't gotten hurt yet, and given his history, it's a question of when, not if. His usual pattern is to go down at a critical juncture in the playoffs. Again, I'd love to be wrong, but it's far too soon to know.

hmmmmmm but I’m the childish troll!

Yeah, that hasn't changed.

We won't know how to evalute this trade until the 2022-23 season. But I agree that the early signs are positive.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Poor Rubio
just tweeted
"what a business"
with an upside down smileyface

I hear ya Ricky thats why noone with a choice will ever join this team.

*right after Paul, a much better player, does just that* lol

also, Jae

and also, here come the buy out ring chasers!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I was in the I want Paul over Oubre camp.

I just think leadership, commitment, and defense is more meaningful than anything Oubre brought. Also Oubre was never really that consistent....I loved his swag, but he has never even approached Paul's prime, let alone Paul's twilight.

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I've been a James Jones fan from day one because he has always preached my thoughts on what makes a good basketball team.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I'd love to be wrong, but I don't think these Suns are a title contender. They've been overachieving so far, and that's great, but the league's elite aren't taking them seriously yet -- witness how the other powerhouses always manage to have some of their stars sitting when the Suns are the opponent.

Also, Paul hasn't gotten hurt yet, and given his history, it's a question of when, not if. His usual pattern is to go down at a critical juncture in the playoffs. Again, I'd love to be wrong, but it's far too soon to know.

We won't know how to evalute this trade until the 2022-23 season. But I agree that the early signs are positive.

but why you have to lie when it’s so easily refuted

(1) Utah on 12/31 rested which star?
(2) Denver on 1/1 rested which star?
(3) Clippers on 1/3 rested which star?
(4) Bucks on 2/10 rested which star?
(5) Sixers on 2/13 rested which star?

4-1 in those games and nearly pulled off a massive comeback in the only loss

why must you use the word “always” when you don’t know what it means, troll!!!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The question I have is would Oubre + Rubio been better? I don't think so at all.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Paul is “not quite very good”, folks.

I have no idea what that quote means. I said all along that Paul had a very good season last year. I also said that he's still a pretty good player. For those with no ability to remember beyond last season that probably sounds silly. But if you look at the 3 seasons prior to last year, he missed an average of 23 games per season. Now, if missing more than a quarter of your games makes you a great player, clearly I'm wrong.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The question I have is would Oubre + Rubio been better? I don't think so at all.

I don't think so either. Paul's leadership alone has had a huge impact on this team. Despite what some have said, I don't think he's all that close to the player he used to be but he's shown the ability to rise to the occasion for short stretches. And when he's not rising to the occasion, he's still an effective PG.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The real 2k backcourt!!! Unlike penny kidd lol

Great season by paul unreal streak now!!! Great book paul made all all star gm will be fun to watch!!!

Hoping 2nd half paul stays healthy and suns continue winning

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think so either. Paul's leadership alone has had a huge impact on this team. Despite what some have said, I don't think he's all that close to the player he used to be but he's shown the ability to rise to the occasion for short stretches. And when he's not rising to the occasion, he's still an effective PG.

Like that Ringer article stated, Paul has changed his game a bit to offset some of his lost athleticism. Smart players tend to age well.

I don't think that Oubre was even close to what Paul offers. Hell, OKC is worse off now, even though they do have a ton of future picks.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@WhyAlwaysMe a lot of people you’re trying to call out have probably already put you on ignore.

I was one of the “right” posters in this thread but this infantile display makes me feel like joining them.

if you want to actually engage with people... grow up.

not to mention a lot of the people he’s trolling have already admitted they were wrong.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
They don't have the size or strength to play at the CP3 walk it up pace, and they don't have the speed or athleticism to play at the Booker run it up the floor pace...

ahhh

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
how many times is Murray going to have to drop 50 in the playoffs for people to respect him.

I’m honestly not really that impressed my MPJ. Did he ever really take over like Hero did in Miami for stretches? I didn’t see it.
I was in the I want Paul over Oubre camp.

I just think leadership, commitment, and defense is more meaningful than anything Oubre brought. Also Oubre was never really that consistent....I loved his swag, but he has never even approached Paul's prime, let alone Paul's twilight.

Maybe I'm just an optimist, but I've been a James Jones fan from day one because he has always preached my thoughts on what makes a good basketball team.

James Jones has earned the benefit of every doubt. The man has assembled an incredible roster of players and people that fits like clockwork. Monty is the perfect ship’s captain. I will say this: the playoffs is a different animal. Some coaches, Bud, fail hard. Early returns are amazing for Monty, though.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I have no idea what that quote means. I said all along that Paul had a very good season last year. I also said that he's still a pretty good player. For those with no ability to remember beyond last season that probably sounds silly. But if you look at the 3 seasons prior to last year, he missed an average of 23 games per season. Now, if missing more than a quarter of your games makes you a great player, clearly I'm wrong.

What a mess.

Is Anthony Davis a great player? How about Durant?