Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While there may be undertones to that I believe that had more to do with honoring Kobe (his idol growing up) than wanting to join the Lakers.

there’s a lot of guys who love Kobe Bryant in the league. Literally none of them wore his colors during the most important moments of their careers... or at all.

He’s going to want to continue Kobe’s legacy in LA. I think that’s pretty obvious.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This isn't the 90's anymore.

Teams win with 3 point shooting, not slashing to the basket.

also Ayton is an elite athlete and so is Mikal. Booker is no slouch. Cam is decent. Plus we will add a rookie that is likely athletic as well.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is deciding to go for broke while he is here or trying to leave a little in the cupboard to build with for when he leaves.

With this inept franchise, I think you have to go for broke when you can.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the guy is wearing Laker gear when he was introduced at the All-Star game. He was wearing Laker gear in post game interviews multiple times last season.

you’d have to be blind not to see where that’s going.

Um - I think it was WAY more about honoring Kobe as a mentor than saying I want to be a Laker.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like 2022 pick is protected and Cam really shined in the Bubble. I’m glad he’s still here

I like Cam Johnson but I think the trade is more about now than the future.

If it makes Devin Booker happy hopefully that's enough.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also Ayton is an elite athlete and so is Mikal. Booker is no slouch. Cam is decent. Plus we will add a rookie that is likely athletic as well.

mikal is NOT an elite athlete. You don’t need to lie or exaggerate to make your case for this trade.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Um - I think it was WAY more about honoring Kobe as a mentor than saying I want to be a Laker.

it’s about both and the best place he can do that is in LA. I think you’ve got your head in the sand if you think otherwise.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Poor Rubio
just tweeted
"what a business"
with an upside down smileyface

I hear ya Ricky thats why noone with a choice will ever join this team.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we really tend it overvalue picks on this board. That’s going to be a mid 20’s pick or we are in really deep trouble.

If the 2022 draft wasn't a double draft I would have felt better about it.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Mikal is a below average athlete. So are Cam and Booker. That was the knock on all three coming out of college. The reason Bridges is an effective defender is that he has unusually long arms. Cam and Booker do not, and so they naturally are subpar defenders.

Ayton is the only above average athlete we have left among our primary rotation players.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What I find hilarious here is that most of the people who have been REALLY critical of this team and FO either dig this deal or think it’s worth the risk while those who usually find a way to love every deal previous to this are up in arms.

We’ve gone through the looking glass here people.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One thing that benefits Paul's potential longevity is that he has a crafty old-man game that's played below the rim. He's not Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose who relied significantly on their athleticism. Rose has had a little resurgence as he adapted his game to play below the rim.

duh

we have already been over this

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gordon is still improving...Paul is just aging.
Gordon hasn’t improved since 2017. Maybe he takes a jump but more likely he is what he is. Younger, healthier but way less impact.

Gallo is coming. That has to be it. Not a bad team but built to contend right now.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Gordon hasn’t improved since 2017. Maybe he takes a jump but more likely he is what he is. Younger, healthier but way less impact.

Gallo is coming. That has to be it. Not a bad team but built to contend right now.

If that's true, who defends inside, protects the rim and grabs rebounds other than Ayton?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unreal. It’s like everyone here thinks Booker is content to compete for the 8seed for the foreseeable future.

As much as I like Cam Johnson he is not the difference maker. The difference maker is expected to be Chris Paul. Also if the Suns sign a starting power forward.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If the 2022 draft wasn't a double draft I would have felt better about it.
Not a huge fan of drafting guys out of high school. Draft picks are already a gamble when they have spent some time in college against tougher competition. They will only become more of a gamble straight out of high school, especially when you start getting outside of the lottery.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
What I find hilarious here is that most of the people who have been REALLY critical of this team and FO either dig this deal or think it’s worth the risk while those who usually find a way to love every deal previous to this are up in arms.

We’ve gone through the looking glass here people.

I thought it was worth the risk...UNTIL Jones caved and sweetened the pot by including Lecque and especially the pick in the double draft.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard