Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
i mean if you take the well it’s never his fault route then yes.

We shall see. He apparently got mad at Jordan because he wasn’t practicing free throws. Seems fine. Probably actually a plus for Ayton to be fired up.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Obviously Jokic, Denver’s best player, has the edge on Ayton, the Suns’ 3rd best player. Murray has the edge on Booker? I’d say no.

Just as a proxy to drive these points home,
ESPN ranked the following guys for next year for the teams:

Denver
10. Jokic
21. Murray
51. MPJ

Phoenix
15. Paul
17. Booker
52. Ayton

Denver’s supporting players include: Gary Harris, JaMychal Green, Monte Morris, and Will Barton

Phoenix boasts: Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, and Dario Saric

On paper these are VERY evenly matched teams and Denver made the WCF.

Murray 21??? Too low and MPJ too high. Ayton is better than MPJ.

I always thought the nuggets support cast, bold, were overrated. They had no one else that stepped up.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I always thought the nuggets support cast, bold, were overrated. They had no one else that stepped up.

how many times is Murray going to have to drop 50 in the playoffs for people to respect him.

I’m honestly not really that impressed my MPJ. Did he ever really take over like Hero did in Miami for stretches? I didn’t see it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how many times is Murray going to have to drop 50 in the playoffs for people to respect him.

I’m honestly not really that impressed my MPJ. Did he ever really take over like Hero did in Miami for stretches? I didn’t see it.

i didn’t get the Murray love for a long time. Always thought he was just someone who regularly torched the Suns.

but what he did in the bubble was as big of a coming of age, I’m a superstar showcase as I can remember in recent memory.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I haven't seen the entire ESPN rankings but it's hard to see Chris Paul ranked higher than Murray.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

IMO Murray is a little overrated at 21 unless his play following the Covid-19 break this past season is the real Murray, and in that case he's probably underrated.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So, seems like he’s properly rated weighing his decidedly sub-all star level play prior to the playoffs when he went off.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, seems like he’s properly rated weighing his decidedly sub-all star level play prior to the playoffs when he went off.

I'm okay with the rating, I'm just not sure which one is the real Murray. The guy we saw in the bubble and postseason looked like a top 10 player to me. The one that played prior to the bubble was maybe a top 40 player IMO (at best).

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I'm okay with the rating, I'm just not sure which one is the real Murray. The guy we saw in the bubble and postseason looked like a top 10 player to me. The one that played prior to the bubble was maybe a top 40 player IMO (at best).
You mean the guy we saw for a 3 game stretch in the playoffs. He had that crazy 3 game stretch where averaged 47 points per game, but the other 4 games of that series brought the average all the way down to 31 (not that 31 isn't good, but it's surprising when you consider that included that 3 game stretch).

Looking at the rest of the playoffs after that stretch and it wasn't all that great either. In the 13 remaining games after that 3 game stretch he averaged 23/6/4 (again those are solid numbers, but nothing incredible). Until he proves otherwise he isn't any more than a solid scorer who can occasionally get hot and go off for some big games every now and then.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I’m really not taking anything away from bubble shooting numbers. No fan distractions and backdrops behind the hoop. It’s a practice game environment.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You mean the guy we saw for a 3 game stretch in the playoffs. He had that crazy 3 game stretch where averaged 47 points per game, but the other 4 games of that series brought the average all the way down to 31 (not that 31 isn't good, but it's surprising when you consider that included that 3 game stretch).

Looking at the rest of the playoffs after that stretch and it wasn't all that great either. In the 13 remaining games after that 3 game stretch he averaged 23/6/4 (again those are solid numbers, but nothing incredible). Until he proves otherwise he isn't any more than a solid scorer who can occasionally get hot and go off for some big games every now and then.

I watched that stretch where he was unstoppable but yeah, it looks like I ignored a lot of other games in my appraisal. So, I'm back to thinking he's barely top 40, post-Covid play included.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m really not taking anything away from bubble shooting numbers. No fan distractions and backdrops behind the hoop. It’s a practice game environment.

Other than free throws, I always shot better in front of a crowd so I don't see reason to dismiss anyone's performance in the bubble.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they put Zion ahead of Murray that was the big thing on tv today

This is crazy. They rate a player who has only played 24 games higher. I'm not saying Zion can't be better but he hasn't proved anything.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

A guy who is occasionally top10 and usually ~top40 seems like a reasonable top25ish guy no?

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is crazy. They rate a player who has only played 24 games higher. I'm not saying Zion can't be better but he hasn't proved anything.

Zion has proved quite a bit. You don’t need a massive sample to predict success in the NBA, especially given his historical college priors and measureables.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya but you’re a baller so...

Not much of one. I just played better when the crowd was into it. I played hard in practice or when we played games in front of a bunch of empty seats but it just wasn't the same.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zion has proved quite a bit. You don’t need a massive sample to predict success in the NBA, especially given his historical college priors and measureables.

Injuries notwithstanding, he's shown what he's capable of becoming and as a prediction (purely as a prediction), I'm fine with him being 19th.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah Jamal Murray is 23 yeah don’t really get the hate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah Jamal Murray is 23 yeah don’t really get the hate.

Nor do I understand taking away three super superstar performances in MAX playoff pressure to try and say he wasn’t great.

I’ve always thought arguments that take away a players best performances over a period to try and make a point that he’s not that great were pretty stupid.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Nor do I understand taking away three super superstar performances in MAX playoff pressure to try and say he wasn’t great.

I’ve always thought arguments that take away a players best performances over a period to try and make a point that he’s not that great were pretty stupid.
Those games show the level he is capable of getting to when it's completely clicking for him, but the point of pointing out what he did in the other games is that he doesn't find an elite level of play on a consistent basis. Yeah when he is hot he can light it up about as well as anyone, but those types of games are few and far between for Murray at this point of his career.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave