CP3 Rumored Trade

Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns reach for a PF at 10 and look for a PG of the future next year.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I wonder if the Suns reach for a PF at 10 and look for a PG of the future next year.

I don't think they have a choice at this point. But then the only PF in the draft who is close to ready to start in the NBA is Toppin, who isn't falling to 10. That means starting Cam, which means we better get used to bad starts to games and playing from behind just about every game, as was the case in the bubble.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well yeah. Never said they never pan out. That being said you just named 3 players out of how many guys being drafted out of high school?

I also added the caveat of especially outside of the lottery which all of those guys were lottery picks.

Also if I remember correctly back when those guys were drafted you only went straight to the NBA if you are a really good prospect and therefor most guys would opt for college anyways. I could see that working very differently nowadays.
I just named guys immediately off too if my head. And Kobe was late lotto.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I just named guys immediately off too if my head. And Kobe was late lotto.
The fact that you could do that is kind of my point. Because it’s not a very common thing to come straight from high school and turn into a great player. Therefor it’s easy to remember the ones that did it.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So, does this team play at the CP3 walk it up the floor pace or the Devin Booker run it up the floor pace?

I am trying to understand how this is going to work. Rubio handled the ball on the break so that Book could spot up, but Book often initiated the half-court offense.

Book will have to do almost the opposite with CP3. This alters the team playing style a lot.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
So, does this team play at the CP3 walk it up the floor pace or the Devin Booker run it up the floor pace?

They don't have the size or strength to play at the CP3 walk it up pace, and they don't have the speed or athleticism to play at the Booker run it up the floor pace...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

I am trying to understand how this is going to work. Rubio handled the ball on the break so that Book could spot up, but Book often initiated the half-court offense.

Book will have to do almost the opposite with CP3. This alters the team playing style a lot.
No matter how much you dislike Chris Paul, Monty Williams is still the coach. I don't know about you, but I have 100% faith in him to run this team the right way.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No matter how much you dislike Chris Paul, Monty Williams is still the coach. I don't know about you, but I have 100% faith in him to run this team the right way.

He'll do what he can, but it is virtually impossible to win with only a single player on the roster who is capable of grabbing rebounds and blocking, or even altering, shots.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He'll do what he can, but it is virtually impossible to win with only a single player on the roster who is capable of grabbing rebounds and blocking, or even altering, shots.

The rockets did pretty well with PJ Tucker manning the 5. Don't remember him as much of a shot blocker.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The rockets did pretty well with PJ Tucker manning the 5. Don't remember him as much of a shot blocker.

The Rockets flamed out, fired their coach and had their GM walk, and that was with a starting backcourt consisting of two MVPs in their prime.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I stand corrected. Trying to take a positive spin on this, hopefully this means Jones isn't reaching for Bane with the 10th pick. It's pretty darn clear that the pick needs to be a power forward at this point.

Suns may need to trade down to stock the roster. :D

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OK. Fine. But still the question. Which way do they play?

And its not that I don't like Chris Paul, its just that I think in the end, given all the factors (age, injury potential, chemistry, playing style) this might not be such a good deal.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
OK. Fine. But still the question. Which way do they play?

And its not that I don't like Chris Paul, its just that I think in the end, given all the factors (age, injury potential, chemistry, playing style) this might not be such a good deal.
We were babying Rubio and trying to limit his playing time. Paul seems like he isn't limited from what I remember seeing him play. I remember him tearing us apart in a game last year.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I voted no on the poll because I don't like the deal in a vacuum because I'm not confident in Paul's durability, though he may benefit from a shorter season(provided there aren't a high amount of b2b). I do think he will have a big impact on the team when he's on the court.

Ultimately once the dust settles on the off season I expect to like the move more.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What can be done with Abdel Nader? Backup 3?

Seems likely, there really was no reason to include him if Suns didn't want him. Unless they just wanted to save ~$800k with his unguaranteed contract.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson