Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm not sure why (game plan, injury, illness or whatever) but Murray failed to score 15 points in 26 of his 78 games this year (counting playoffs). For comparison sake, Booker has been held under 15 points 38 times total since his rookie season (266 games).

There are a few reasons for Murray’s inconsistency:
1. He’s a streaky, albeit still very good, shooter.
2. He doesn’t really get to the line.
3. The offense, which runs at a glacial pace (29th itl) runs through Jokic and didn’t score much (19th itl)
4. He didn’t need to take over much during the regular season because the Nuggets won by feeding Jokic and letting him score and find others.
5. In the playoffs, teams schemed to slow down Jokic and Murray was given the keys. He ran hot from 3 in a few games and racked up lots of fga due to defensive scheming which wasn’t present as much in regular year.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If some are using points scored and PER to establish player rankings, doesn't this make a case for Bradley Beal to be ranked higher.

Without much help last season he averaged 30.5 points and a PER of 23.22.

Well I would rank Bradley Beal and Booker almost equal - but PER and stats have to somewhat be adjusted based on what the player has around them.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
There are a few reasons for Murray’s inconsistency:
1. He’s a streaky, albeit still very good, shooter.
2. He doesn’t really get to the line.
3. The offense, which runs at a glacial pace (29th itl) runs through Jokic and didn’t score much (19th itl)
4. He didn’t need to take over much during the regular season because the Nuggets won by feeding Jokic and letting him score and find others.
5. In the playoffs, teams schemed to slow down Jokic and Murray was given the keys. He ran hot from 3 in a few games and racked up lots of fga due to defensive scheming which wasn’t present as much in regular year.

I wouldn’t say that’s “inconstant” I would say he pretty does what’s needed.

like you said they play pretty slow the big scoring numbers aren’t going to be there. They play slow and balanced

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
One thing to consider: Giving up Oubre and getting an old Chris Paul in return makes a team already severely lacking in speed and athleticism that much slower and less athletic. It would put a premium on speed and athleticism in the draft and free agency, lest we get run out of the gym.

I am getting concerned that this post of mine is becoming prophetic...

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Plus post season, which we are gearing up to, play becomes much more half court oriented.

Have to make the post-season first. Plus Paul does not exactly have a great track record in the post-season, even in his prime years.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Oubre has more value than CP3, way more. The sad part is Oubre the only guy to come here that actually wants to be here and were trying to chase him out of town. If you offered me co3 for oubre straight up, id say no unless we were contender immediately

hahahhahahahhahhaha

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The threshold for Oubre isn't whether he's going to be a star at some point, but whether he has long-term value. He does. If the Suns piss him away like they do with so many other mid-tier assets, they're going to regret it.

What's the point of being "relevant" for two years when it prevents the team from growing? Now we're looking at Summer 2022 with a team that has had a couple of first-round playoff exits, hasn't added any new pieces, and has to recreate its identity around players who just spent the last two years getting led around by their grandfather.

This trade is beyond stupid for the Suns.

Lmaooooooooo

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
yeah Oubre future star looks great lmao

maybe take a break from having hot takes?

I was talking about the CP3 part and athleticism on the Suns' side. As I said before, I was prepared for Oubre to be traded, just for an athletic starting power forward. To me, the losses for the Suns in the trade were Rubio and having so much money tied up in a broken down, old, slow point guard with very little athleticism around him and no way to fix it.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was talking about the CP3 part and athleticism on the Suns' side. As I said before, I was prepared for Oubre to be traded, just for an athletic starting power forward. To me, the losses for the Suns in the trade were Rubio and having so much money tied up in a broken down, old, slow point guard with very little athleticism around him and no way to fix it.

why you continue to propagate the nonsense that somehow Oubre was going to net us a good starting PF is beyond me.

actually it’s not. It’s because you’re loathe to admit you’re ever wrong. Oubre, on a one year deal, had minuscule value. We saw that as GS traded peanuts to get him after we shipped him off.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
why you continue to propagate the nonsense that somehow Oubre was going to net us a good starting PF is beyond me.

actually it’s not. It’s because you’re loathe to admit you’re ever wrong. Oubre, on a one year deal, had minuscule value. We saw that as GS traded peanuts to get him after we shipped him off.
And what "athletic" PF would he have gotten us? Aaron Gordon? How anyone can say we would be a better team right now with Aaron Gordon instead of Chris Paul is beyond me. And that's assuming Orlando was even interested in Oubre.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And what "athletic" PF would he have gotten us? Aaron Gordon? How anyone can say we would be a better team right now with Aaron Gordon instead of Chris Paul is beyond me. And that's assuming Orlando was even interested in Oubre.
Aaron Gordon and keeping Rubio? Maybe. I am still hoping to be wrong about Chris Paul.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think the idea of the Magic trading Gordon died when Isaac's knee exploded. That injury, combined with Mo Bamba being hot garbage, made Gordon an essential part of their roster.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon and keeping Rubio? Maybe. I am still hoping to be wrong about Chris Paul.
Yeah... that team might be as good as this team could be but I still don’t know how the hell we are getting Gordon in a deal for Oubre.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

If not Gordon, then Myles Turner, Lauri Markkanen or perhaps even Jerami Grant in a sign and trade. And based on play on the court thus far, losing Chris Paul would be addition by subtraction.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If not Gordon, then Myles Turner, Lauri Markkanen or perhaps even Jerami Grant in a sign and trade. And based on play on the court thus far, losing Chris Paul would be addition by subtraction.
Man you really have some sort of derangement syndrome with Paul. The man has played one real game with us so far. No where near enough to make his level of play out to be some sort of trend.

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Man you really have some sort of derangement syndrome with Paul. The man has played one real game with us so far. No where near enough to make his level of play out to be some sort of trend.

I was actually hopeful when the trade was made. But in preseason and now in the regular season opener, I have seen nothing but a broken down old man.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah... that team might be as good as this team could be but I still don’t know how the hell we are getting Gordon in a deal for Oubre.
Yes. We just do not know what it would have taken to get Gordon. Maybe the 10th pick too. This is where we are now.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Funny. I agree with you about keeping Rubio over Paul, but man, you just go way too far.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the discussion can be done sanely, I'm wondering if there will be any load management done with Paul with the Suns playing their next five games over seven days.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can see load management being done with Chris Paul later in the season resting him on the second night of back-to-back games.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard