CP3 Rumored Trade

Chris Paul for Oubre/Rubio/Jerome?

• Yes I would make the trade

• No I would not make the trade

Results are only viewable after voting.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing that benefits Paul's potential longevity is that he has a crafty old-man game that's played below the rim. He's not Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose who relied significantly on their athleticism. Rose has had a little resurgence as he adapted his game to play below the rim.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If we get 2019 Paul, that pick shouldn't be all that valuable even considering it's the "double draft". I would NOT have included anything above what was necessary to meet salary requirements but the pick is the least of my worries.

We will see where we are when the draft comes around. That should be an excellent draft even with a lower selection.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
lol... seriously.

we’ve also already seen the classic “CP3’s expiring can be a big trade asset next year.”
It won’t have value next off-season, but at the deadline in the last year it could be good if a team is deciding to blow up their roster to spend in the off-season. That’s a big if though.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im meh on this trade hate giving up obure for a vet pg.... and will miss rubio...

Hope suns get the goid chris pau see how it plays out on the court

Also meh on giving a 1st round pic

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One thing that benefits Paul's potential longevity is that he has a crafty old-man game that's played below the rim. He's not Russell Westbrook or Derrick Rose who relied significantly on his athleticism. Rose has had a little resurgence as he adapted his game to play below the rim.

That's true.

It's on defense where the lack of athleticism will show up first with him.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think I would.

If things go how we plan that pick will be in the 20's.

We get 2 years of Cam in the mean time.

A pick in the twenties in the 2022 double draft should still be a very good pick.

I like Cam Johnson but I don't see him as a future starter.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aaron Gordon has been rumored to be on the trade market for quite awhile if that is your question.

He could have started for the Suns.

Yes. He could have started for the Suns. But there’s literally no reason to think the Magic would have made that deal for a rental player in Oubre.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd jump at the chance to bring that play into any conversation here too but if I've made it sound like this trade rivals that kind of long-shot, I haven't made myself clear. I think the odds that we fondly look back upon this deal are against us, but not greatly against us.

I think we view it similarly.

If the Suns were determined to trade Oubre and Rubio, I think there were better trades to be had.

I'm sure OKC is feeling pretty good about the trade with the assets, first round pick and the money they saved.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I think I would have traded Cam Johnson before the 2022 first round pick.
Sounds like 2022 pick is protected and Cam really shined in the Bubble. I’m glad he’s still here

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am afraid there is more truth in this than I care to admit.

the guy is wearing Laker gear when he was introduced at the All-Star game. He was wearing Laker gear in post game interviews multiple times last season.

you’d have to be blind not to see where that’s going.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the guy is wearing Laker gear when he was introduced at the All-Star game. He was wearing Laker gear in post game interviews multiple times last season.

Destined to break our hearts.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won’t have value next off-season, but at the deadline in the last year it could be good if a team is deciding to blow up their roster to spend in the off-season. That’s a big if though.

Man, Lucy is like some evil witch with that football of hers for some of y’all.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
No, we aren't bringing back Baynes.

Basically I think we will sign Gallo for like 17mill

Saric for 9

Somebody for 3 with the Bi-annual exception

Our draft pick

Everybody else will be minimum players.

This is a top5 team easy. Way better than Grizzlies/Portland/Nola/Utah/OKC/Kings/
Wolves/Mavs. Not afraid of LAs Warriors and especially Houston. Title contender for sure.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

While there may be undertones to that I believe that had more to do with honoring Kobe (his idol growing up) than wanting to join the Lakers.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes. He could have started for the Suns. But there’s literally no reason to think the Magic would have made that deal for a rental player in Oubre.

The 10th pick would have been another reason. Also they might have wanted to re-sign Oubre. There is a reason Oubre wants to get paid. He is a good young player.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eh... at least if you see it coming, you can steel yourself up for the dagger so it only wounds instead of killng in three years.
The problem is deciding to go for broke while he is here or trying to leave a little in the cupboard to build with for when he leaves.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard