Countdown To USC Smacking ASU Silly

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh, you know its gonna happen.. Two weeks of dellusional Devil fans coming right up..

:D

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Should we also count the U of A bowl game futility streak?

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should we also count the U of A bowl game futility streak?

This is a USC/ASU discussion.. I heard they let anyone into ASU, but damn.. I thought being able to read was at least a 1st grade requirement..

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
This is a USC/ASU discussion.. I heard they let anyone into ASU, but damn.. I thought being able to read was at least a 1st grade requirement..

Considering the requirements to get in to both ASU and UofA are the EXACT same you don't make a lot of sense.

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering the requirements to get in to both ASU and UofA are the EXACT same you don't make a lot of sense.

Thank God for my GCC education then huh?

Back on track here.. Why arent the ASU faithful defending their football team?

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Thank God for my GCC education then huh?

Back on track here.. Why arent the ASU faithful defending their football team?

There is no need to. ASU lets their actions speak for themselves on the field. :) I will be cheering for U of A this weekend.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Good one. Do you need me to explain to you what an analogy is? Most U of A fans are humble enough to keep quiet, considering at worst we go 10-2 and are having an excellent season. Did you even go to U of A?

OP
OP
Gee!

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good one. Do you need me to explain to you what an analogy is? Most U of A fans are humble enough to keep quiet, considering at worst we go 10-2 and are having an excellent season. Did you even go to U of A?

No.. What I need you to do is explain why in all your glory how you can beat USC.. Its something you have not tackled.. Go head big boy..

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No.. What I need you to do is explain why in all your glory how you can beat USC.. Its something you have not tackled.. Go head big boy..

USC is beatable. Its at home. It will be close but the Sun Devils will prevail. ASU will play in the Rose Bowl.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

I don't have to explain anything to you, I usually save these discussions for people that actually went to the school. Most U of A fans are smart enough to keep quiet when their team and football program are in the toilet. It would be like an ASU bball team talking crap about U of A basketball. It makes no sense...put together a decent team that can make a bowl game and then talk.

I expect ASU to make it an interesting game...do I expect them to win? Probably not, but there is at least a decent chance that ASU can pull it out at home. We have played USC tough the last 2 years, and this USC team isn't as good as in the past. In addition, we play much better at home and will have a huge and rabid crowd which makes a huge difference. Rudy's thumb is a major cause for concern, but USC is pretty dinged up as well.

Considering we've played the toughest portion of our schedule so far without our stud RB I would say we're doing just fine. If we beat USC, great, but if not we can still wrap up a 10-2 season with our 3rd straight victory over the Wildcats. We're playing on house money at this point, and I can't wait to see the athletes that Erickson brings in the future.

GO DEVILS!!!

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Oh, you know its gonna happen.. Two weeks of dellusional Devil fans coming right up..

:D

you think this thread is going to ruffle some feathers just wait till the following happens:

SC exposes ASU and has Pac -10 record 14 sacks in one game

UA plays Oregon very tough - the game isn't decided until the final minute - in fact if it wouldn't cause a coronary in every Sun Devil fans head - I would out and out pick an upset. We are playing very well, will be amped for this game, and beat this team by 30+ last year IN EUGENE. I'm not saying they are not better this year obviously but we will see.

ASU comes to Tucson for the 'cup

I say we entitle that thread "Countdown to Sun Devil a$$ whuppin" or "How many bones does Rudy Carpenter break in todays game?" or "Meltdown on ASFN by Sundevil fans"

Too Subtle?;)

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
(psst...beyond your other delusions, the game is in Tempe this year, no trips to Stinktown)

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
(psst...beyond your other delusions, the game is in Tempe this year, no trips to Stinktown)

Since we are telling secrets I got one too.....

(psst...thats okay. the last time we beat you was in Tempe;))

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Since we are telling secrets I got one too.....

(psst...thats okay. the last time we beat you was in Tempe;))

Wrong again...you are on fire this afternoon. Last time you won was in Tucson 3 years ago. You need to start paying attention if you are going to rep your team. :trout: Paging Mao, can we at least get some intelligent smack going here? This is some weak sauce...

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Wrong again...you are on fire this afternoon. Last time you won was in Tucson 3 years ago. You need to start paying attention if you are going to rep your team. :trout: Paging Mao, can we at least get some intelligent smack going here? This is some weak sauce...

Ouch. Okay well admittedly I have been a bit removed from this "rivalry" as I have lived in Florida the last three times the game has been played and I went to school during the Mackovic years so I am predisposed to ignore UA football.

But because I forgot the location doesn't mean I don't know my team. We beat you in 2004 and then IIRC we had major injury issues the last two times we played. That doesn't matter all that much to me. What does is that for the first time in the Stoops era we have played two solid games in a row and anyone that does not think that we came to grips with the Dykes offense just isn't paying attention.

That and I think your team is wildly overratted. I love Erickson as a coach and he has gotten more out of this team than could have been hoped but - especially after losing Torian - he just doesn't have the horses. Like you said you guys are playing with house money. He has instilled a toughness but I just don't think you can match up with SC physically. Or a healthy Arizona team (assuming our starting RB and QB actually play the full game this year) with Tui, Larsen, Cason, Grigsby, Gronkowski, and Money Mike Thomas.

As for "weak sauce" ah well.........with a full time job, a girl friend, fanatical devotion to all three PHX sports team and my beloved UA basketball, I'm going to mince details from time to time. But that doesn't mean we arn't going to kick your a$$ in a couple weeks and then stomp you a couple times in bball for good measure.

You Devil fans better hope you win or its going to be a looooooong off season. Especially on that off chance you actually beat SC and we knock you out of the Rose Bowl. I might not stop talking trash till Tontozona..:D

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
FYI - Per wikipedia

Territorial Cup

All-time football results
  • Arizona: 44 wins
  • Arizona State: 35 wins
  • Ties: 1
  • The historical breakdown for this series is as follows:
  • 1899-1944 = University of Arizona vs Tempe Normal School/Az State Teachers College (ASU was a teachers' school during this time)
U of A leads series 17-2
  • 1945-1957 = University of Arizona vs Arizona State College (ASU became a fully accredited college in 1945)
Series tied 6-6
  • 1958-Present = University of Arizona vs Arizona State University (ASU became a fully accredited university in 1958)
ASU leads series 27-21-1
  • 1978-Present = University of Arizona vs Arizona State University both as Members of the PAC-10 conference, a first tier Conference in College Football,
Arizona leads series: 16-11-1

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Ouch. Okay well admittedly I have been a bit removed from this "rivalry" as I have lived in Florida the last three times the game has been played and I went to school during the Mackovic years so I am predisposed to ignore UA football.

But because I forgot the location doesn't mean I don't know my team. We beat you in 2004 and then IIRC we had major injury issues the last two times we played. That doesn't matter all that much to me. What does is that for the first time in the Stoops era we have played two solid games in a row and anyone that does not think that we came to grips with the Dykes offense just isn't paying attention.

That and I think your team is wildly overratted. I love Erickson as a coach and he has gotten more out of this team than could have been hoped but - especially after losing Torian - he just doesn't have the horses. Like you said you guys are playing with house money. He has instilled a toughness but I just don't think you can match up with SC physically. Or a healthy Arizona team (assuming our starting RB and QB actually play the full game this year) with Tui, Larsen, Cason, Grigsby, Gronkowski, and Money Mike Thomas.

As for "weak sauce" ah well.........with a full time job, a girl friend, fanatical devotion to all three PHX sports team and my beloved UA basketball, I'm going to mince details from time to time. But that doesn't mean we arn't going to kick your a$$ in a couple weeks and then stomp you a couple times in bball for good measure.

You Devil fans better hope you win or its going to be a looooooong off season. Especially on that off chance you actually beat SC and we knock you out of the Rose Bowl. I might not stop talking trash till Tontozona..:D

Excuses, excuses. Arizona is starting to play better, but we have rolled every team we play at home. Erickson will definitely have the Devils ready for the game. We may lose to USC at home but I don't think we will lose to the Wildcats. Either way it should be an interesting game for the Devils. The defense is better than expected and creates lots of turnovers. The possibility of a BCS bowl in Erickson's first season is exciting. Making it three in a row against the Cats will make it a great season either way. Go Devils.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Does anyone EVER go to U of A, graduate, and then continue to live in Tucson? :shrug:

Seems like all the grads that post on here live in the Valley (Phoenix and the surrounding cities), Ca, Fla, etc.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard