Countdown to Daryl Washington's Release

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I just want to know what is going on really. Why can't they just tell us why he wasn't reinstated last year? If its because he didn't pass another drug test, fine, just stop keeping us in the dark.

There are privacy rights that restrain us to know the reason
Then add arizona soft beat writer and we still in the dark

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I just want to know what is going on really. Why can't they just tell us why he wasn't reinstated last year? If its because he didn't pass another drug test, fine, just stop keeping us in the dark.

It was put out there last year that he continued to fail drug tests while suspended.

"Jay Glazer of FOX Sports reported that Washington has “continued to have violations” of the league’s drug policy while he’s suspended, and there are concerns that his career may be over."

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ton-continues-to-violate-terms-of-suspension/

Last edited:

WindCardinal

All Star
Reaction score
I can't believe they haven't released him yet. If they were going to I figured it would have happened at the start of the league year.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I can't believe they haven't released him yet. If they were going to I figured it would have happened at the start of the league year.

Yeah... I think I figured out that there's no incentive for the Cards to release him until he's re-activated by the league. They've already paid him everything they're going to (in all likelihood), and every year that rolls over his dead cap charge decreases. Washington's scheduled salary doesn't count against the cap as long as he's suspended.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

According to the cap sites, they will actually lose more cap space than they already are for him if they cut him. They will have to eat next year's cap hit this year. Since they seem to be going all in, there's no reason to eat up more cap space just to cut him.

They could do it as post June 1 cut, in which case they still won't gain any cap space this year, and they will lose any further opportunity to recover bonus money if they are still trying to do that.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him cut next year when it will actually benefit the team. They took a gamble and they're paying for it.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
After the 2013 season, the Cards were scheduled to pay a $10M option/roster bonus to Washington after he'd been suspended for 4 games but before his indefinite suspension was handed down.

There was some discussion here about whether the Cards should choose the effective team captain and leader in Dansby or pay out money to a guy who'd already been suspended and had never been a captain. I think I landed on the side of Washington personally — or maybe I argued that for Keim there really wasn't a decision to make — but regardless, that was something that did not work out.

I apologize if this has been hashed out (no pun intended) before...did we actually pay him the 10m? I thought we agreed to it but hadn't actually given him the money. If that is the case, why do we get hit with it?

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11019921/arizona-cardinals-cut-daryl-washington-yet-bonus-dispute

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
This ZINGER/troll of a thread would work better if it had actually happened 8 days ago when it was created/predicted.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This ZINGER/troll of a thread would work better if it had actually happened 8 days ago when it was created/predicted.

ha!

WTF hasn't he been released yet? This is like some kind of cruel joke at this point.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
ha!

WTF hasn't he been released yet? This is like some kind of cruel joke at this point.

They're after a portion of his bonus money. Can't/won't cut him until that's resolved.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're after a portion of his bonus money. Can't/won't cut him until that's resolved.

it's just as weird that that hasn't been resolved at this point.

TJ

Reaction score
it's just as weird that that hasn't been resolved at this point.

There really isn't a rush, TBH. We're not in cap hell, and he's not occupying one of the 90 roster spots.

When it happens, it will happen.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wish all Cardinals fans would either never talk about him again, never show him any respect due to past playing and/or come up with some horrible nickname for him.

He devastated this team...
Took drugs twice then the Cards sat him down and said are you done with this....he said yes
Gave him a contract and he went right out and did it again.
The team lost a ILB they were counting on, they lost a ton of cap space they could have used to replace him AND to this day he is counting against our team (causing them issues).

He gave the finger to the Cardinals and every fan of the team...yet some talk of him in a light.

I hate what he did to this team.

Punk is still bleeding this team years later...

Levi Brown sucked but at least he showed up to play his pathetic play. I'll respect Levi 1000xs more than DBag!

D Washington is Dbag!!!

Please refer to him as Dbag from this day forth...as he's showed the team and the fans.

DBag it is!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish all Cardinals fans would either never talk about him again, never show him any respect due to past playing and/or come up with some horrible nickname for him.

Took drugs twice then the Cards sat him down and said are you done with this....he said yes
The team lost a ILB they were counting on, they lost a ton of cap space they could have used to replace him AND to this day he is counting against our team (causing them issues).

He gave the finger to the Cardinals and every fan of the team...yet some talk of him in a light.

Levi Brown sucked but at least he showed up to play his pathetic play. I'll respect Levi 1000xs more than DBag!

D Washington is Dbag!!!

Please refer to him as Dbag from this day forth...as he's showed the team and the fans.

DBag it is!

He doesnt eat cap room
He doesnt respect himself ,how do u Think he should respect teammates and fans
For u is dbag but for me was the best LB i saw wearing a cardinals jersey

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He doesnt eat cap room
He doesnt respect himself ,how do u Think he should respect teammates and fans
For u is dbag but for me was the best LB i saw wearing a cardinals jersey

He does eat cap space, doesn't he?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

D Washington is Dbag!!!

DBag it is!

I wish people didn't tell me who to talk about, especially since Washington was A) the best LB this team has had in a long time, and B) we need LBs more than any other position right now.

Nobody is stopping you from commenting on that person. If you see a link with his name, try not clicking on it.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I'm resigned to the fact he'll never play another game here, but peak Washington would make this a dominant defense.

He, Chandler and Freeney all coming after the QB, with PP and HB on the back end? I realize it won't happen, but it could have been pretty amazing.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I'm resigned to the fact he'll never play another game here, but peak Washington would make this a dominant defense.

He, Chandler and Freeney all coming after the QB, with PP and HB on the back end? I realize it won't happen, but it could have been pretty amazing.

Man that made me smile! Would be awesome. Even without DWash in that lineup, I'm still smiling! :D

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I'm not letting it die and penciling him as starting LB in 2016 :D.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish people didn't tell me who to talk about, especially since Washington was A) the best LB this team has had in a long time, and B) we need LBs more than any other position right now.

C) one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on this team.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
C) one of the biggest idiots we've ever had on this team.

Of course he is. But the Cards could have easily dumped him and eaten the money that they have sunk into him, but haven't. No one would have thought twice about it. There has to be a reason more than money that they haven't.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Nobody is stopping you from commenting on that person. If you see a link with his name, try not clicking on it.

You might want to be checked for Battered Person Syndrome

Battered person syndrome is a physical and psychological condition of a person who has suffered (usually persistent) emotional, physical, or sexual abuse from another person.[1] It is classified as ICD-9 code 995.81 "Battered person syndrome" not elsewhere classified (NEC).
The condition is the basis for the battered spouse (or fan) defense that has been used in cases of physically and psychologically abused. The condition was first researched extensively by Lenore E. Walker, who used Martin Seligman's learned helplessness theory to explain why abused spouses (and fans) stayed in destructive relationships.[2]

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why is this always brought up. As BA said talk about players on the current roster not ones that are not.

TJ

Reaction score
You might want to be checked for Battered Person Syndrome

Battered person syndrome is a physical and psychological condition of a person who has suffered (usually persistent) emotional, physical, or sexual abuse from another person.[1] It is classified as ICD-9 code 995.81 "Battered person syndrome" not elsewhere classified (NEC).
The condition is the basis for the battered spouse (or fan) defense that has been used in cases of physically and psychologically abused. The condition was first researched extensively by Lenore E. Walker, who used Martin Seligman's learned helplessness theory to explain why abused spouses (and fans) stayed in destructive relationships.[2]

What you're on is far worse than what D-Wash is on.