Countdown to Daryl Washington's Release

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
If/when he get released, I just hope to hear why there was nothing ever done/talked about with him. I would love some closure. ;)

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
He is from texas so I assume he lives there, dont know also if he can leave the state of Arizona.
If we didnt hear nothing cause probably he kept his life straight, out of trouble
So its a good sign

AFAIK, D-Wash still has a home in AZ. People have seen him at the gym and played rec hoops with him. I think he has a girlfriend and spends time with his family.

It is a good sign that we've not heard from him as legal situations are made public, but there's a reason he hasn't played since 2013.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This whole topic is going to become very interesting with all that is going on with this movement towards allowing marijuana in the league. The stuff that came out on ESPN today is absolutely fascinating. The work the Jake Plummer is involved in is even more fascinating. At some point we will probably hear from D-Wash, and may find out that he simply did not want to live with the pain and the prescription painkillers needed to play in the league. We all assume (and mostly rightfully so) that it is simply selfish behavior, but do we really know what he is dealing with? Hint: we don't.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
They're going to allow weed in the NFL? Since it's legal in Denver, do the Broncos allow players to use it, or is it a league mandated thing?

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I don't understand is that Ray Rice beat his then fiance(now wife) unconscious, on camera, and he was technically eligible to play by the middle of last season. Josh Gordon, a multiple weed offender, keeps getting reinstated. But Darryl Washington is perma banned from the league. Doesn't make sense.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
This whole topic is going to become very interesting with all that is going on with this movement towards allowing marijuana in the league. The stuff that came out on ESPN today is absolutely fascinating. The work the Jake Plummer is involved in is even more fascinating. At some point we will probably hear from D-Wash, and may find out that he simply did not want to live with the pain and the prescription painkillers needed to play in the league. We all assume (and mostly rightfully so) that it is simply selfish behavior, but do we really know what he is dealing with? Hint: we don't.

Job says you cannot smoke. He smoked.

He also signed a contract for big money and then knowingly did things so that he didn't have to work for it.

Whatever he is "dealing with" I have no sympathy for because he has the money, and thus the support to deal with it better than 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the people on this planet that have ever lived.

Thus I don't know what he is dealing with, and honestly, do not care because there is no excuse about how he went about dealing with it. He is a lying, scumbag, cheat of a person just based on his actions. He doesn't have to care about that, I fully understand, but that is his legacy.

That and getting jump-flipped over by Jerome Simpson, and being one of the A, #1, examples against legalizing pot, with his actions.

His mother and family should be so proud..

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They're going to allow weed in the NFL? Since it's legal in Denver, do the Broncos allow players to use it, or is it a league mandated thing?
NFLPA mandated it is illegal to use as an NFL player regardless of laws.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If he became unsuspended today, theres not a cardinals fan on this earth who wouldn't take him back.

Last edited:
OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If he became unsuspended today, there not a cardinals fan on this earth who wouldn't take him back.

:wave:

This take is as fundamentally sound as your takes on Robert Aguayo and Joey Bosa.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
If he became unsuspended today, theres not a cardinals fan on this earth who wouldn't take him back.

A 30 year old linebacker who self-admittedly said his skills were more physical than mental, that has not played a snap in the NFL for 3 years, to come back and play for a team not going to the playoffs this year, or next, and has the reputation of being a lying, cheat of a bastard ?

Yeah, I will pass. Today, tomorrow, and every day that follows.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
A 30 year old linebacker who self-admittedly said his skills were more physical than mental, that has not played a snap in the NFL for 3 years, to come back and play for a team not going to the playoffs this year, or next, and has the reputation of being a lying, cheat of a bastard ?

Yeah, I will pass. Today, tomorrow, and every day that follows.

See how emotional you are. Logic is not rooted in passion.

30 is not old. Physically hes still among the elite. Hes an all pro player at a position where we struggle. Hed absolutely help us win games.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
See how emotional you are. Logic is not rooted in passion.

30 is not old. Physically hes still among the elite. Hes an all pro player at a position where we struggle. Hed absolutely help us win games.

How can you say that for sure when he hasn't played football for 3 seasons? Mike Williams (USC) and Maurice Clarett were among the physical elite and they couldn't regain their form after 1 year away from football.

TJ

Reaction score

Lest ye forget, he hasn't been punished for the DV incident, which would tack on another 2-6 games automatically upon reinstatement.

D-Wash turned 30 last month and hasn't played since 2013. Given those circumstances, how could you have any optimism that he'd be any good if he were reinstated tomorrow?

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Lest ye forget, he hasn't been punished for the DV incident, which would tack on another 2-6 games automatically upon reinstatement.

D-Wash turned 30 last month and hasn't played since 2013. Given those circumstances, how could you have any optimism that he'd be any good if he were reinstated tomorrow?

30 is prime. No reason to think he cant be in top shape. As far as time away, its football. Hes been playing all his life. I havent ridden a bike in 10 years. Pretty sure I could jump on and be fine.

Considering his competition for a starting gig is Minter, Id think he would win out easily assuming he was physically in shape.

TJ

Reaction score
30 is prime. No reason to think he cant be in top shape. As far as time away, its football. Hes been playing all his life. I havent ridden a bike in 10 years. Pretty sure I could jump on and be fine.

I'm going to pretend that you didn't equate bike riding to playing inside linebacker and figure this should be in a different section of this MB.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'm going to pretend that you didn't equate bike riding to playing inside linebacker and figure this should be in a different section of this MB.

Its more ridiculous than saying a guy whos been playing the sport at its top level, of elite talent, for 20 years, will be a hapless bumbling bafoon after 3 whole years away. K

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its more ridiculous than saying a guy whos been playing the sport at its top level, of elite talent, for 20 years, will be a hapless bumbling bafoon after 3 whole years away. K

It sure is

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Richard Dumas says you're wrong.

Same *******... all the talent in the world. Super elite athlete, got suspended for drugs, was gone for 1.5 years and came back and looked like a shell of himself.

What makes you even think Washout is even in shape or cares anymore? Oh yeah... nothing.