Countdown to Daryl Washington's Release

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
See how emotional you are. Logic is not rooted in passion.

LOL!!!!

Whatever you say there spanky. Logic is not rooted in arrogance either.

Good luck with your kaleidoscope logic.

I don't argue with fools.

:wave:

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
A 30 year old linebacker who self-admittedly said his skills were more physical than mental, that has not played a snap in the NFL for 3 years, to come back and play for a team not going to the playoffs this year, or next, and has the reputation of being a lying, cheat of a bastard ?

Yeah, I will pass. Today, tomorrow, and every day that follows.
Still better than than Minter. :D

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Job says you cannot smoke. He smoked.

He also signed a contract for big money and then knowingly did things so that he didn't have to work for it.

Whatever he is "dealing with" I have no sympathy for because he has the money, and thus the support to deal with it better than 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999% of the people on this planet that have ever lived.

Thus I don't know what he is dealing with, and honestly, do not care because there is no excuse about how he went about dealing with it. He is a lying, scumbag, cheat of a person just based on his actions. He doesn't have to care about that, I fully understand, but that is his legacy.

That and getting jump-flipped over by Jerome Simpson, and being one of the A, #1, examples against legalizing pot, with his actions.

His mother and family should be so proud..

This is literally the most feels driven ridiculous statement and obfuscation of the actual issues I have seen in a long time. And I read the threads here after we lose.

I am very clearly talking about the physical toll the game takes on players, and the addiction and total destruction that prescription pain killers take on people. These are not facts that are even remotely disputable. You are basically saying that the league should continue to ignore the possible benefits of THC and the players should accept it because they make millions of dollars. Moreover, you are essentially saying that players should be forced to use highly destructive and additive medications - medications that are in large part responsible for the heroin epidemic in our country - because they make a lot of money.

I will not defend DW for the DV incident, but I also wont' imply that it was related to his marijuana use. I won't even argue with you that he threw his career away. My point is that we are quick to destroy him for his own personal decision to not quit using marijuana - when we know nothing about what he may or may not have been going through. People did the same damn thing to Ricky Williams as well, and we know now he suffered immense pain from anxiety.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
They're going to allow weed in the NFL? Since it's legal in Denver, do the Broncos allow players to use it, or is it a league mandated thing?

No, there is a push to force the NFL to look at the issues though, Jake Plummer (we all know he loves his weed) is involved and was talking about it on Bickley a week or two ago. It's fascinating. Current players are actually afraid to speak their opinions right now on marijuana vs prescription painkillers for fear of retribution from the NFL. Former players are taking up the cause. It is a fascinating issue - because regardless of how we all may feel about weed being legalized, opioid and other rx painkillers are indisputably destructive.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
This is literally the most feels driven ridiculous statement and obfuscation of the actual issues I have seen in a long time. And I read the threads here after we lose.

I am very clearly talking about the physical toll the game takes on players, and the addiction and total destruction that prescription pain killers take on people. These are not facts that are even remotely disputable. You are basically saying that the league should continue to ignore the possible benefits of THC and the players should accept it because they make millions of dollars. Moreover, you are essentially saying that players should be forced to use highly destructive and additive medications - medications that are in large part responsible for the heroin epidemic in our country - because they make a lot of money.

I will not defend DW for the DV incident, but I also wont' imply that it was related to his marijuana use. I won't even argue with you that he threw his career away. My point is that we are quick to destroy him for his own personal decision to not quit using marijuana - when we know nothing about what he may or may not have been going through. People did the same damn thing to Ricky Williams as well, and we know now he suffered immense pain from anxiety.

See I didn't take Rugby's comment like that at all. I took as he was saying the D-waste lied to the cardinals to get paid. He told them he was done with the stuff, and he wasn't nor did he ever intend to.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Richard Dumas says you're wrong.

Same *******... all the talent in the world. Super elite athlete, got suspended for drugs, was gone for 1.5 years and came back and looked like a shell of himself.

What makes you even think Washout is even in shape or cares anymore? Oh yeah... nothing.

Drugs, only if you say alcohol included. Richard was a drunk pure and simple. The SUNS tried hard to keep him grounded. I agree, Richard had incredible talent that was completely wasted.

I was a huge fan of his as he originated from my long ago home town. I was living in Phoenix when he arrived. I still remember his performance in the playoffs I believe against Chicago. His talents were on full display but never saw it again.

Talking about Richard, Ollie Miller was very talented but couldn't put the donuts down:)

Make your money first, do your drugs in retirement!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

You want to call it emotion because it doesn't agree with your views, that is fine. Doesn't make my opinion of the man and his actions any less. Did he walk out on his job after getting paid millions ? Yes he did. Did he make any changes in his life to get back to work ? No he didn't. If you don't like it, I will live.

I can see how it can be seen as emotional because of the words I use. Please realize, those are well thought out insults to a person based purely on his actions, his accountability for those actions, and the example he is creating with his actions.

Cause if it was all about just the pot, then how would I be a Tyrann Mathieu fan ? How could the Cardinals be drafting a person like Mathieu if Washington's issue was just marijuana? Its because Washington as a person has more issues then just marijuana, and I do not see Mr. Washington looking for help.

You wanna say "I do not know what he is going through", sure you are right. But, neither do you. Yet, just looking at the actions of all parties involved I feel pretty confident in my personal opinion and judgements. If pepole do not agree, I have no issue with it.

I am very clearly talking about the physical toll the game takes on players, and the addiction and total destruction that prescription pain killers take on people. These are not facts that are even remotely disputable.

Didn't dispute any of that, don't even know where you are getting it that I was. Cannot debate what is in your head, just the text on the screen.

You are basically saying that the league should continue to ignore the possible benefits of THC and the players should accept it because they make millions of dollars. Moreover, you are essentially saying that players should be forced to use highly destructive and additive medications - medications that are in large part responsible for the heroin epidemic in our country - because they make a lot of money.

I said what I typed. Whatever you want to put in between the lines is on you personally. I cannot comment on what I didn't say or write. BTW, you are talking to one of the biggest advocates for the legalization of marijuana on this board. Go ahead and look for posts under my name on the subject, there are plenty. I even pulled an Anquan Boldin after my last surgery and refused pain meds. I think it is a crime that marijuana is illegal, 100%.

One problem. It is illegal in the NFL to do it. What is worse ? Not only is it illegal, but BARELY illegal. If you are responsible enough, you can smoke all you want in the NFL, just gotta take care of business when they test. #1 thing that will hurt the cause of legalization of marijuana is examples of people using the drug irresponsibly. Daryl Washington being the poster child for such actions.

Meanwhile, you will note below Mr. Ricky Williams who has actually done a lot from his troubles in the NFL, and has been a good example of someone being responsible and living that life.

It is my belief in the benefits of marijuana that further makes me disgusted with Washington. So, while I understand the whole situation with marijuana, unfortunately I also hold people accountable for their actions. I would love to smoke again, but cannot. Why? Because the responsibilities in my life do not allow for it because it is illegal.

But, here is where Mr. Washington and millions of others differ. The reason I do not is because I have to be responsible and accountable for my actions just like millions of others, unfortunately we do not get to trick people out of millions of dollars and get away with it.

No one knows what anyone is going through in life. That is the way it is. To live a life walking on egg shells around others is a great recipe for putting yourself in a place to be taken advantage of as well. That is just reality.

But you know what ? The world owes no one anything. If you have problems, guess whose job it is to deal with them, yourself. Guess whose job it is to give that person the benefit of the doubt, no one.

Guy was given millions to do a job. He walked out on it. Nuff said. He can do what he wants, but that do not absolve him from people having an opinion of him as a person based on his actions. Pretty sure (not 100% sure mind you) if you paid a person to fix your roof, and they took the money and ran, you would not care if they did it because of some personal problem. You would be pissed you were out the money and your roof isn't fixed. You would want your money back, or the roof done, and would not care what problems the other party was having at the time.

You wanna smoke marijuana ? Fine. You wanna make a case for smoking instead of pain killers ? Fine, and hell I will support you in that. You wanna go deal with your problems your own way ? Fine. You wanna live a life of privacy ? Fine.

Just don't steal millions of dollars from people that believe in you, are counting on you, and who trusted you, walk away, and expect to be looked at like a "good" person, or look for empathy from others. Because that is just being a scumbag, cheat of a person. That is my opinion, and if you don't like it you are entitled not to. But, not for a second will I back down from it.

No other person would be given the benefit of the doubt in this situation that I know of, so why Washington of all people gets this special treatment is beyond me.

There are other NFL players that can be backed when talking of pro-marijuana use, that are responsible, and took care of their business, and promoted marijuana use in the NFL. Heck, there are even ex-Cardinals you can back.

Appreciate the civil back and forth by the way, at least the debate it rooted in some reality.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
See I didn't take Rugby's comment like that at all. I took as he was saying the D-waste lied to the cardinals to get paid. He told them he was done with the stuff, and he wasn't nor did he ever intend to.

Yep.

See roofer taking your money example above.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drugs, only if you say alcohol included. Richard was a drunk pure and simple. The SUNS tried hard to keep him grounded. I agree, Richard had incredible talent that was completely wasted.

I was a huge fan of his as he originated from my long ago home town. I was living in Phoenix when he arrived. I still remember his performance in the playoffs I believe against Chicago. His talents were on full display but never saw it again.

Talking about Richard, Ollie Miller was very talented but couldn't put the donuts down:)

Make your money first, do your drugs in retirement!

word was he was a massive coke-head as well.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
such a shame for him personally.

he was a MASSIVE talent.

One of my favorite players back mine the day, too bad he couldn't stay clean. He just couldn't overcome his demons. I was wondering just the other whatever happened to him? I know he got arrested in PHX a few years ago. He was mixed up in some sort of retail theft ring, never heard the outcome though.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
One of my favorite players back mine the day, too bad he couldn't stay clean. He just couldn't overcome his demons. I was wondering just the other whatever happened to him? I know he got arrested in PHX a few years ago. He was mixed up in some sort of retail theft ring, never heard the outcome though.
I bet Dumas and Chapman are roomies.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I have seen blades of grass stop more running backs in the backfield than Minter, just like I have seen grass stop Daryl Washington.

Things to consider. Minter is the only freaking ILB who does not get manhandled and one would think that Bucannon (for all he does well in his capacity) being lightweight has an effect on his play too. Now I have seen Minter tackle and make tackles in the backfield (I kid you not and he does it more often than the void here people say he does nothing) but Minter cannot cover anything coming out of the backfield, the sideline or the parking lot on a pass play and D-Wash would probably even be better now at coverage lol

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Things to consider. Minter is the only freaking ILB who does not get manhandled and one would think that Bucannon (for all he does well in his capacity) being lightweight has an effect on his play too. Now I have seen Minter tackle and make tackles in the backfield (I kid you not and he does it more often than the void here people say he does nothing) but Minter cannot cover anything coming out of the backfield, the sideline or the parking lot on a pass play and D-Wash would probably even be better now at coverage lol

Minter isn't good outside of coverage either though. He's not good blitzing, average at filling gaps, and really poor at sealing an edge. He's downright bad shedding tackles. His instincts are really bad also. The same complaint I have with Bucannon. Buc is playing undersized, so he has to have good instincts, speed, and technique to have an impact. But he doesn't do that this year. Minter said they're "getting hit in the mouth."