Could the Suns be trading Bled and targeting D'Angelo Russell?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
D'Angelo Russell and Booker are really good friends. If the Lakers pick Ball they will want to move Russell.

This would mean we have to move Bled, but he would get a big return. I would think we would need to move him first, maybe to Sac for #5 or #10.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think so. You don't target players just because of friendships.

The Lakers have repeatedly said the Russell and Ball could play well together and I think they are right.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russel isn't that bad. His stats are actually better than many of the top guards in the NBA today like Westbrook, CP3, Lowry etc when compared at his same age.

He had some immaturity issues but looks like he's learned from that after the Nick Young thing.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think so. You don't target players just because of friendships.

The Lakers have repeatedly said the Russell and Ball could play well together and I think they are right.

I agree with but I do think in the current super team league we find ourselves in it is important. Easier to get a third or forth to join an existing two.

I could see the teams adding another team to the mix such as Minnesota . Example trade would be :

Suns get 2, 7, mosgov

Minnesota gets deangelo Russell

Lakers get 4, Miamis 2018 pick with top 7 protection and cap relief by unloading mosgov.

Disclaimer: not sure of cap implications or if it's even a fair trade. Maybe add deng and knights salaries to the mix .

In this scenario suns get the second lottery pick they want. Probably go ball and Isaac (I'd prefer Jackson and smith or ntkilina).

Minnesota trades their pick for a proven guy(however you feel about him) that's close in age to their core.

And la gets an additional pick , potentially they still get their guy in fox or Jackson anyway, and some cap relief to pursue George or Lebron next year.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No to DLo. He is a knucklehead. Bledsoe's BB IQ is off the charts compared to Russell. Hell, he makes Brandon Knight look like a savvy ball player. Yuck, no.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard