Chase Roullier Visits Cards

Goodyear Card

Link Guy
Reaction score
Roullier was a quality center before the injury bug hit the last two seasons. A torn MCL against the Lions in week 2 last year was the beginning of the end for him in Washington. At age 29 he still has a few good years left in him.
He has had the injury bug his whole career; He has only had one year where he was not injured.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Washington signed a worse Center and ate a bunch of money to release Roullier.

That screams his knee is not good.

The only way I'd sign him is vet min and no guarantees with appearance bonuses.

Say 200k per game with a max value of $4.4m if he plays a whole season.
Could be they weren’t willing to wait for him to heal and decided to move on

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I fear he'd be injured by the time Kyler is back - if we wanted a Center we should've drafted a Center

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Who you kidding man we both know the deal - truth is if we want a quality center to grow with this team we have two more opportunities - next year's draft and next year's free agency

I'm not up on the 2024 draft class but as far as free agency goes there will only be two top shelf Centers entering the arena - or should I say one - considering Jason Kelce isn't going anywhere

That leaves Connor Williams in Miami - that's pretty much it - and if Miami doesn't re-sign him he's going to be more popular than my ex-wife... so good luck there mon frere

I think that narrows our search to next year's draft

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hmmm there is an entire contingent of ASFN posters who all they do is blast the organization when they sign players even good ones who have a history of injuries.
Keim specials. But in our situation we kinda need to turn over this rock. But neither should we be surprised if he gets injured and we don’t have a seasoned backup plan.

CFLredzoned

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Aren't there a limited number of IR spots? I forgot how that works with season ending IR. But if he's a near sure thing to get injured, maybe they don't want to tie that up.

Unless you can just cut him mid season and write off the mil you already paid him and move on? I don't think you can cut injured guys though?

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Who you kidding man we both know the deal - truth is if we want a quality center to grow with this team we have two more opportunities - next year's draft and next year's free agency

I'm not up on the 2024 draft class but as far as free agency goes there will only be two top shelf Centers entering the arena - or should I say one - considering Jason Kelce isn't going anywhere

That leaves Connor Williams in Miami - that's pretty much it - and if Miami doesn't re-sign him he's going to be more popular than my ex-wife... so good luck there mon frere

I think that narrows our search to next year's draft
You can’t fix everything in one offseason. Players switch positions it happens.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Maybe he's still needing more time to be practice ready.
Most often mini camps have little interest for veteran players. They generally know how to pick up a playbook and know how to keep their body in shape. Also, from a team perspective, might as well give those reps to less experienced players.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
Did we?

Looks more like a guy that played mostly right guard with a few snaps at center. Not a guy that played center as his main position with years of experience

Jon Gaines

All 932 snaps played were at right guard

590 snaps at right guard

122 snaps at center

94 snaps at right tackle

316 snaps at right guard

62 snaps at center

Nobody knows if draft picks are going to work out but yes we did draft a guy it seems they think is going to be a center. Just because it isn’t the center you had in mind does make it not reality. Yes I’d love an upgrade.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You can’t fix everything in one offseason. Players switch positions it happens.
Never said we could fix everything in one off-season

I'm saying quality Centers are much more important than a few fans on this site care to admit

Matter of fact let's look at the top Centers in the League and what teams they play for

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey how about that? Almost leads one to believe that this particular position is indeed quite important

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Never said we could fix everything in one off-season

I'm saying quality Centers are much more important than a few fans on this site care to admit

Matter of fact let's look at the top Centers in the League and what teams they play for

You must be registered for see images attach

Hey how about that? Almost leads one to believe that this particular position is indeed quite important
Has anyone on ASFN said that a quality center is not important? As I see it, your argument has been that the Cards should have drafted a player who played Center in college, while others have said it's fairly common to move OL around for best fit, including Center. Drafting a Center does not guarantee they will be quality, just like moving a Guard or Tackle to Center grantees they will suck and the position hasn't been addressed. Some of the draftable Centers were still around late in day 3 and the Cards chose to pass. There must be a reason and I doubt it was because they were afraid to draft someone who would have such a positive impact on the record it would hinder 2024 draft position.

As a side note...your attachment shows run blocking grades only. What was their pass blocking grades? That's honestly where the Cards OL needs the most help in the middle.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Has anyone on ASFN said that a quality center is not important? As I see it, your argument has been that the Cards should have drafted a player who played Center in college, while others have said it's fairly common to move OL around for best fit, including Center. Drafting a Center does not guarantee they will be quality, just like moving a Guard or Tackle to Center grantees they will suck and the position hasn't been addressed. Some of the draftable Centers were still around late in day 3 and the Cards chose to pass. There must be a reason and I doubt it was because they were afraid to draft someone who would have such a positive impact on the record it would hinder 2024 draft position.

As a side note...your attachment shows run blocking grades only. What was their pass blocking grades? That's honestly where the Cards OL needs the most help in the middle.
Nobody said drafting a Center guarantees they'll be a quality Center in the League - and if you want to try and say it's commonplace for guards drafted on the third day to become good Centers go for it - me myself - I'm going to stay in the neighborhoods called reality and likelihood

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Nobody said drafting a Center guarantees they'll be a quality Center in the League - and if you want to try and say it's commonplace for guards drafted on the third day to become good Centers go for it - me myself - I'm going to stay in the neighborhoods called reality and likelihood.
:shrug:

So, is it 'me' or 'myself' who resides in 'reality'?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson