Chase Roullier Visits Cards

Card'em

All Star
Reaction score
It is reported that the Cards had former Washington center Chase Roullier in for a visit. He's been injured the better part of the last two seasons, but is a legitimate starting center when healthy. Any chance he's overcome his leg injuries and can start this year?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
It is reported that the Cards had former Washington center Chase Roullier in for a visit. He's been injured the better part of the last two seasons, but is a legitimate starting center when healthy. Any chance he's overcome his leg injuries and can start this year?
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Hey, these are EXACTLY the kind of players the Cards need to take - talented injury risks on a short term deal!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Hey, these are EXACTLY the kind of players the Cards need to take - talented injury risks on a short term deal!
Hmmm there is an entire contingent of ASFN posters who all they do is blast the organization when they sign players even good ones who have a history of injuries.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Totally agree. Bring him in to start...if he gets injured again, so be it...then you roll with the depth. At least while he's starting we may see some semblance of an average-effective OL and how that impacts the offense.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's started 10 games in the past two seasons? Yikes. 1-year, $1 million, $0 guarnteed.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Hmmm there is an entire contingent of ASFN posters who all they do is blast the organization when they sign players even good ones who have a history of injuries.
Which good players have we signed with a history of injuries? Nearly every addition in the offseason has been depth players with low ceilings. THESE are the kind of guys we need to take shots on, not practice squad lifers.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's started 10 games in the past two seasons? Yikes. 1-year, $1 million, $0 guarnteed.
It would be a good depth signing and seems to be a win win for both teams. Chase hasn't gotten any good offers or he would have signed by now. He can try to reset his value and likely start for us.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Which good players have we signed with a history of injuries? Nearly every addition in the offseason has been depth players with low ceilings. THESE are the kind of guys we need to take shots on, not practice squad lifers.
JJ fits the bill.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It kind of worked? JJ going down killed our playoff season though. Our D was never the same without him.
Kind of, and that's the problem. Signing a new player to a 2 years/28 million contract on this team likely wouldn't move the needle. When you do a cost benefit analysis on signings, I could see why they wouldn't want to do that.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Kind of, and that's the problem. Signing a new player to a 2 years/28 million contract on this team likely wouldn't move the needle. When you do a cost benefit analysis on signings, I could see why they wouldn't want to do that.
Yes - I'm not advocating for paying big money to oft injured FA's. We're in a great position to buy low on guys that have been injured on the CHEAP, and to offer them a chance to start.

We need to be creative and exploring all avenues to get the good to great starters necessary to build a winning team.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Washington signed a worse Center and ate a bunch of money to release Roullier.

That screams his knee is not good.

The only way I'd sign him is vet min and no guarantees with appearance bonuses.

Say 200k per game with a max value of $4.4m if he plays a whole season.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I think it would be smart for the Cardinals to bring him in on a one year deal.
I agree. This is one one-year deal that would make sense. Can't roll the dice on a multi-year deal. So, yes, him playing well could hose us long-term, but we desperately need a competent center, let alone a starter.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Washington signed a worse Center and ate a bunch of money to release Roullier.

That screams his knee is not good.

The only way I'd sign him is vet min and no guarantees with appearance bonuses.

Say 200k per game with a max value of $4.4m if he plays a whole season.
I'd be surprised if he gets half of that total.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup.

I want to believe there's upside here but just don't see it. They didn't sign much worse Nick Gates and cut Roullier 2 years into a 4 year deal for giggles.
I definitely think there is upside. I just don't see how this version of the Cards pay much more than a min salary with small incentives/bonuses.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard