Case Keenum

Ragnar

Veteran
Reaction score
saw a article on the possibility of us looking into trading for Case Keenum for backup insurance for Kyler, what do you guys gals think of the possibility,idea?
Seeing as all we have as backup now is Brent Hundley sounds like a smart move if it’s at all possible!

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
Plus I’m pretty interested on how Drew Anderson does. He was pretty good at Murray St.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Why? Not a system fit either

Keenum played for coach KK for 4 years. Familiarity with offense, competent backup, system fit.

1. Despite arriving to Houston two years after Case Keenum, Kingsbury coached the record-setting quarterback for four seasons.

Keenum started as a redshirt freshman, but he managed just 2,259 yards and 14 touchdowns with 10 interceptions through the air. He added 412 yards and nine scores on the ground.

However, the offseason brought Kevin Sumlin, Dana Holgorsen and Kingsbury to town. That trio turned Keenum into a two-time Conference USA Offensive Player of the Year—the second of which came when Kingsbury was the position coach and co-offensive coordinator.

Keenum, who is the starting quarterback for the Denver Broncos, ended his Houston career as the all-time leader in passing yards, total yards, passing touchdowns and touchdowns responsible for.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...-offensive-coordinator-kliff-kingsbury#slide1

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thank god cards passed on him for bigger $ a yr ago lol that would have been a disaster

Keenum is a solid backup nothing more he had a shot in denver and failed

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I know this is total Homerism but I wish they would sign Eric Dungey. Kid is a winner with a big arm.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Great idea. At about ⅛ of his current salary. For what he earns now? I think they learned their lesson with Bradford last year.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great idea. At about ⅛ of his current salary. For what he earns now? I think they learned their lesson with Bradford last year.
I doubt we would bring in a backup that isnt taking backup money.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Guys. I’ve been clamoring for this since we hired Kingsbury. It’s the perfect and smartest move/fit possible. If you think otherwise, I don’t know what to tell you. Hopefully we make it happen.

PlanoCard

Rookie
Reaction score
If KM goes down, we will have a chance for the #1 overall pick in next year's draft once again. Good news, bad news.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If KM goes down, we will have a chance for the #1 overall pick in next year's draft once again. Good news, bad news.

The only saving grace is that if this does backfire, the next class is better than this class was.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
To have him start and have KM being eased in the line-up instead of being thrown out their like the qb's in the previous year (Rosen, Mayfield, Allen)

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keenum is the perfect back up fit for KM. Keenum played his best football under KK’s tutelage. Perfect insurance if the unthinkable happens (Murray gets hurt). It’s not like he’ll have a long career in Washington. I just don’t think the Skins are in a position to trade him just yet.