Carolina is going to be tough...

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
You do not win as many games as they did without being good, damn good. Consider all the things which can go wrong in a game and all the ups and downs of a season and still get to this point with only one loss means you are for real. The same applies to us but this offense better get back on track, this OL better get ready to go to war with what's coming. Except for Campbell, our DL and LBs are full of roles players and solid but nothing spectacular. Now note, I did not say they are below average but this is the playoffs... this OL is going to have to allow our offense to be dynamic for us to have a chance, Cam is the most dangerous football player out there and they are going to score

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
BTW... could K9 or someone give us an evaluation of our OL from last game, and see what appears to be the situation because it would be appreciated to know what to look out for :)

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I think it's going to be a fun game. This will be this first time this year that we are the underdogs. Our guys will be fired up to beat a team as good as Carolina.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SEA pitched a shutout in the second half so maybe CAR isn't invincible. However, SEA's defense is arguably the best in the NFL and CAR is lucky to have built up a large enough lead in the first half that allowed them to survive.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry Jet, this is a rematch of 2008 with the same results. We come out strong and kick the crap outta them cats.

Azlen

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
They're good, no doubt about that but they also got an easier than normal schedule this year. The NFC South was matched up with the NFC East and AFC South, the two weakest divisions in football. The NFC South is also not really that great outside of Carolina. That left them with two tough games, Seattle and Green Bay. Again I'm not saying they aren't good, they are very good but they also benefited from a nicer than average schedule.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You do not win as many games as they did without being good, damn good. Consider all the things which can go wrong in a game and all the ups and downs of a season and still get to this point with only one loss means you are for real. The same applies to us but this offense better get back on track, this OL better get ready to go to war with what's coming. Except for Campbell, our DL and LBs are full of roles players and solid but nothing spectacular. Now note, I did not say they are below average but this is the playoffs... this OL is going to have to allow our offense to be dynamic for us to have a chance, Cam is the most dangerous football player out there and they are going to score

I think Palmer's finger is our greatest problem. It clearly effects his accuracy. We need some new plays for our running game. We are not going to run up the gut on this team. A few lucky bounces would not hurt either. We were not able to put any pressure on the GB QB. Did we blitz enough? Will we have to put a spy on Newton? Hopefully Palmer's finger will be improved. Having had every finger & thumbs on both hands broken, compound dislocations, and fractures Palmer's problem is being under estimated IMHO. Some of my fingers hurt to this day from 60 years ago. I was a catcher.

redheat

A real American hero
Reaction score
If we can just make cam lose his cool.. Cause that's all he cares about.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Cam is a total douche and how that guy gets away with constantly celebrating tempted tds is ridiculous it should be taunting! Only the player is supposed cable to celebrate its supposed to be a penalty when others join in. And every first down the guy runs for he gets up and runs around and dances and all kinds of bs yet never any taunting calls. It's full on the Cam show with the panthers and they let him get away with all kinds of bs!

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
This is the game where no honey badger to blitz Cam is going to hurt us the most.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
If you are going to be the best you have to beat the best. We will.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the revelation

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
BTW... could K9 or someone give us an evaluation of our OL from last game, and see what appears to be the situation because it would be appreciated to know what to look out for :)

I thought the offensive line did all right last night. They were set on not letting Peppers get to Palmer, and I think they managed that.

The run game was okay; disappointing, but I think the Packers run D is good.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
If you compare the two teams Arizona is better considering who had the tougher schedule.

http://www.predictionmachine.com/Strength-of-Schedule-Rankings

15 spots difference but their stats are really close in almost all categories.

The key here is not to let them get near their average on run plays they are killing it by gaining a lot of yards on 1st down. Stop that and I think the wheels will come off the bus.

It's the Michael Vick rules too.

Can't leave Cam huge lanes to run through gotta stay true to your rush lanes.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
I thought the offensive line did all right last night. They were set on not letting Peppers get to Palmer, and I think they managed that.

The run game was okay; disappointing, but I think the Packers run D is good.

I though in the other games Johnson's patience waiting for the blocks to set up was beneficial but against a good run defense which is not moving much he needs to hit the hole quick and not run like Beanie Wells lol

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Chris Johnson would of been much better he's much better and just plowing ahead against tougher run defenses.

We're going to miss him in the Panthers game.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok I have been picking the Cards all the time. I believed in my picks not homer picks. Sorry it's been a good run but it's over.

:sad:

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I would expect nothing less from the NFC championship game. There is zero chance of anyone taking anyone remotely lightly. lol

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've got a puncher's chance. IF we can win turnover battle AND give Palmer really good protection, I think we all still be partying at this time next Sunday.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I think if the defense can limit the Panthers to 2-3 yards on first down, it will go a long way to keeping the game in control. If somehow the defense can cause a turnover or two early and the offense can convert those turnovers causing Carolina to be down early it may very well make Cam press more which will lead to more mistakes.

The one thing the Cardinals cannot afford is to allow what happened to Seattle yesterday and get down by a big score. The whole key to this game is how well the game plans are for the offense and defense for the Cardinals. If they can stonewall Carolina's offense and put together a couple of good drives on offense the Cardinals will win the game.