Why Josh Dobbs Likely Can’t Be Fixed

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was serious in another thread about Dobbs back then that we should have just kept Blough and made him the starter. Made just about as much football sense.

I know everybody just wants to believe that the new leaders have some brilliant master plan to build this team. And, that we can trust their judgement. But, there have been shaky personnel decisions and this one is the second most questionable.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I was serious in another thread about Dobbs back then that we should have just kept Blough and made him the starter. Made just about as much football sense.

I know everybody just wants to believe that the new leaders have some brilliant master plan to build this team. And, that we can trust their judgement. But, there have been shaky personnel decisions and this one is the second most questionable.
And everyone knows that the team that picked up Blough is celebrating his breakout year.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, he is on the practice squad. Just like Dobbs should be.
Well in fairness to MN, you should let them know. And be sure to remind them that you been associated with FB for a long time.

P.S. Which PS is Blough on?

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score

Dobbs and Blough were basically a wash before the season - there's no reason after seeing what Dobbs did that Blough couldn't have done the same.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Dobbs and Blough were basically a wash before the season - there's no reason after seeing what Dobbs did that Blough couldn't have done the same.
I think the rushing factor is the difference. Blough might have a marginally better arm but Dobbs' rushing ability was a real weapon for us.

Oh well. Time to move on.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I think the rushing factor is the difference. Blough might have a marginally better arm but Dobbs' rushing ability was a real weapon for us.

Oh well. Time to move on.
Yeah, I think you're 1-6 either way, but sure.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I mean he is a career backup, other than Geno Smith have you ever seen a career backup elevate his game successfuly to a starter?

There is probably a couple others, but it's freaking rare. So this doesn't surprise me, it's what I expected.
Rodgers didn't start his first game until year 4.

Warner spent 4 years bouncing around until his first start.

Steve Young was a terrible starter in TB and a backup for years. He took over in SF when he was 30.

Doug Flutie was bad and exiled to the CFL until he got a shot again at 36 and played 4 great seasons.

Jeff Hostetler didn't get his shot until he was 30.

Jeff Garcia got his first start at 29.

It feels this happens more with QBs than any other spot.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rodgers didn't start his first game until year 4.

Warner spent 4 years bouncing around until his first start.

Steve Young was a terrible starter in TB and a backup for years. He took over in SF when he was 30.

Doug Flutie was bad and exiled to the CFL until he got a shot again at 36 and played 4 great seasons.

Jeff Hostetler didn't get his shot until he was 30.

Jeff Garcia got his first start at 29.

It feels this happens more with QBs than any other spot.
Nice, facts are golden but those that take the time to look em up are respected for their effort. Good job!