Building an Identity

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Was Drake and Edmonds enough? I would say they were adequate.

Conner > Drake.

First of all, Drake is better than Conner. And second of all...well, let's make that third and fourth of all. Third and fourth and 1. We couldn't make them. Drake and Edmonds CLEARLY weren't adequate. I get you're viewing it through rose-colored glasses, but sometimes the guy we used to have is better than the guy we currently have.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
First of all, Drake is better than Conner. And second of all...well, let's make that third and fourth of all. Third and fourth and 1. We couldn't make them. Drake and Edmonds CLEARLY weren't adequate. I get you're viewing it through rose-colored glasses, but sometimes the guy we used to have is better than the guy we currently have.

HA! Bro if I'm viewing through rose colored classes, you are wearing spectacles!

RBs matter so much less than any time in NFL history.

Drake isn't better than Conner. You're just going through your typical doom and gloom.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
HA! Bro if I'm viewing through rose colored classes, you are wearing spectacles!

RBs matter so much less than any time in NFL history.

Drake isn't better than Conner. You're just going through your typical doom and gloom.

No, I'm from Pittsburgh and the butt of all the "you signed WHO" jokes, because Conner isn't good. Steelers didn't want him, and they had such a dearth of RB talent they had to take one in the 1st. I don't think RBs are the end all, be all, but you need some actual talent there to win.

What you describe as doom and gloom is pragmatism.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No, I'm from Pittsburgh and the butt of all the "you signed WHO" jokes, because Conner isn't good. Steelers didn't want him, and they had such a dearth of RB talent they had to take one in the 1st. I don't think RBs are the end all, be all, but you need some actual talent there to win.

What you describe as doom and gloom is pragmatism.

How "doom and gloom" is rationalized. ;)

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Drake might be a better runner than Conner, but I have a feeling that Conner is a better 3rd or 4th and one type runner. Of course, having Hudson and an improved OL might also be a factor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team hasn’t been above .500 in 5 seasons and somehow the rose-colored glasses crew think they’re the realists. Lo.

Stupid “doom and gloomers” with all this sunshine in the last five seasons where we are currently 2nd in the league for longest drought out of the playoffs!

And things are different this year! I mean, it’s not like this team keeps drafting linebacker “chess pieces” and tiny WRs in the draft almost every year in the first two rounds.

uh, er...

Seriously, all doom and gloom aside, I hope our off-season of signing the 2017 All-Pro team and drafting exactly the same way we have two other times in the last four years in the first two rounds will somehow coalesce to equal our first winning season in six years.

This team has 8-9 written all over it.

and just to head off the inevitable and lazy CHEESE IS NEGATIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING LOLZ detritus posts, go get a reality check on the Suns board, where I’ve been so happy, I’ve practically been whistling zippidy-doo-dah out of my butthole all season after being fully on board in the off-season the second we traded for CP3, while half of the board condemned the trade, gnashing their teeth over losing Oubre and GASP... Ricky Rubio!

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Stupid “doom and gloomers” with all this sunshine in the last five seasons where we are currently 2nd in the league for longest drought out of the playoffs!

And things are different this year! I mean, it’s not like this team keeps drafting linebacker “chess pieces” and tiny WRs in the draft almost every year in the first two rounds.

uh, er...

Seriously, all doom and gloom aside, I hope our off-season of signing the 2017 All-Pro team and drafting exactly the same way we have two other times in the last four years in the first two rounds will somehow coalesce to equal our first winning season in six years.

and just to head off the inevitable and lazy CHEESE IS NEGATIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING LOLZ detritus posts, go get a reality check on the Suns board, where I’ve been so happy, I’ve practically been whistling zippidy-doo-dah out of my butthole all season after being fully on board in the off-season the second we traded for CP3, while half of the board condemned the trade, gnashing their teeth over losing Oubre and GASP... Ricky Rubio!
Same. I'm beaming about the Suns and can't be happier... it doesn't take a ton to make me wildly positive, just don't do the same thing you've done for years and years.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

uh, er...

This team has 8-9 written all over it.

I have been a Sun's fan since they started here and I was in high school. 76 and 93 almost killed me. I don't post on the Suns' board as I don't want to jinx them. I do enjoy reading the enthusiasm on the Suns' thread. I would love to see us win it all. As far as 8-9 for the Cards, yeah, if we're lucky. If anything, you are a realist. Not always a popular position.

perivolaki

perivolaki
Reaction score
[QUOTE="cheesebeef, post: 4487266, member: 529"and just to head off the inevitable and lazy CHEESE IS NEGATIVE ABOUT EVERYTHING LOLZ detritus posts, go get a reality check on the Suns board, where I’ve been so happy, I’ve practically been whistling zippidy-doo-dah out of my butthole all season after being fully on board in the off-season the second we traded for CP3, while half of the board condemned the trade, gnashing their teeth over losing Oubre and GASP... Ricky Rubio![/QUOTE]

Well to be fair it's a lot easier to be positive when the team has the best record in the league.

Cards have made a lot of moves in the offseason. Will they have the same effect that the suns moves had on them?

You never know about the draft. But like the suns the Cardinals added some solid veterans in areas of need. That and the development of some of their young guys.

I'm thinking the biggest chance for the Cardinals improvement is the offensive line and the continued development of Kyler Murray.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread......wow.

I have to realize that almost nobody here, including myself, knows what the hell they are talking about. If we have an opinion that seems right, it's more luck than knowledge.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This thread......wow.

I have to realize that almost nobody here, including myself, knows what the hell they are talking about. If we have an opinion that seems right, it's more luck than knowledge.

I was dead on with building an identity beyond Kyler Murray and also calling our next pick being Rondale Moore a day in advance.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season I felt we didn't have an identity beyond "Hope Kyler's an All Pro", "Soul crushing mistakes that cost you a win", and "Always allowing 3rd and long to be converted"

The theme last night was building strength on strength (LB core). I can wrap my head around this that we just want our front 7 to be so dominant it makes up for a weak secondary. That's the 3rd down identity.

Peer Leadership / High Character also is an identity. That should help with the Soul Crushing Mistakes identity.

We still need an offensive identity beyond "LOL KM FTW". I sincerely hope the next pick addresses this in some manner.

Actually this post is stunningly prescient considering the three areas I highlighted.

Front 7 allows the secondary to be great

Strong Leadership has cleaned up all the stupid mistakes we had last year.

WR picked and I called Rondale Moore to help us build an identity beyond Kyler Murray.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was dead on with building an identity beyond Kyler Murray and also calling our next pick being Rondale Moore a day in advance.
I have had similar luck once. I nailed the Christian Kirk pick days before that draft. Informed opinions, but just luck at the end of it.

Be prepared to be wrong on almost everything for the next few years. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson