End of Season Review

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would argue the players in bold would be no better in coverage than Foote, or even in some cases Spikes.

Needless to say the debate would be talking about very minute differences for most of these players.

But, thanks for the names, I will do some research....especially on Freeman.

:D

I'm pretty sure all of those guys run faster than a 5.0 40. Just saying.

Bruce carter is a quality athlete and did very well in coverage for the Cowboys this year.

Skuta had several plays vs us as an LB vs us.

Freeman is the speedy LB for Indy.

I'm not sure you understand what a dog Spikes is in coverage. It is Jasper Brinkley bad. The Ghost bad.
Brooks Reed is better suited inside, and is more athletic than Spikes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'm not sure you understand what a dog Spikes is in coverage.

Completely understand, what I am saying is that when you have ZERO liinebackers on the roster, you need more than linebackers that are good in coverage.

I would not have Spikes out there to cover people. Not to mention, I think we are splitting hairs here.

Does really matter if Spikes is worse in coverage than, let's say, Larry Foote ?

So when Foote covers a guy he is open by a yard, and when Spikes covers the same guy he is open by 2 yards. Both cases, the guy is open, and neither linebacker is covering him well.

At least Spikes is a beast against the run, he is like Kevin Minter if Minter played like he was hyped up to be.

Maybe I should clarify that I think Spikes would be ONE of the couple linebackers the Cardinals will need to bring in this offseason.

But, still if Spikes is not doing it for you, between my list, and your list, their are plenty of linebackers that can come in and help, but none that are going to be in the same skill set of a Dansby or Washington, IMO.

Sidenote: Thanks for the clarification on the players above, I have some research to do.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He was playing on the inside at the end of the year, at least for a few snaps here and there.

So there is a possibility that they may be looking at moving Acho to the inside which would solve one of the ILB problems. He should be decent in coverage.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
So there is a possibility that they may be looking at moving Acho to the inside which would solve one of the ILB problems. He should be decent in coverage.

Acho is very limited, he isn't an answer.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson