Building an Identity

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season I felt we didn't have an identity beyond "Hope Kyler's an All Pro", "Soul crushing mistakes that cost you a win", and "Always allowing 3rd and long to be converted"

The theme last night was building strength on strength (LB core). I can wrap my head around this that we just want our front 7 to be so dominant it makes up for a weak secondary. That's the 3rd down identity.

Peer Leadership / High Character also is an identity. That should help with the Soul Crushing Mistakes identity.

We still need an offensive identity beyond "LOL KM FTW". I sincerely hope the next pick addresses this in some manner.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it.. Would you rather have one of the highly rated WRs on the board? over say Melinfowu if hes there?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’d go Williams if he’s miraculously available. If not I’d go WR.

Who do u like more of the receivers available?
Like Chopper0080 I do like Wallace too
D.Brown from north Carolina can be a good addition as well

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like it.. Would you rather have one of the highly rated WRs on the board? over say Melinfowu if hes there?

I feel like we have the cap to dip into the ample veteran CB pool and band aid it for a year.

WR or an elite RB prospect there isn't such a band aid.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I feel like we have the cap to dip into the ample veteran CB pool and band aid it for a year.

Staying old at CB does not sit right with me at all.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Yeah there are probably 5 or 6 veteran cornerbacks out there that could be a starter and not embarrass you.

I want either Williams or Freirmuth (sp?). Elijah Moore is another guy to look at since we have never seen Kirk in the slot and Elijah Moore is a really good slot receiver prospect. Asante Samuel should be considered as well. LOL NO ILBS!

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I dont see him making it but heres to hoping.

I think early in round 2, we will see a big run on OL. There are A LOT of good prospects still on the board and with the overall downward trend of OL play in the league, I think teams will focus on those guys early on.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It's the cost of taking a LB in round 1. One of our weaknesses is going to be a band aid.

I think that Wolf explained very well what the Cardinals are thinking about in regards to taking Zaven Collins.

Collins should be a high snap guy who stays on the field on every down, same with Simmons. That's pretty damn valuable if you think about it. Both can rush, both can cover, and both provide sideline-to-sideline ability.

Jordan Hicks and Campbell were awful last year, and were primary reasons for the defenses struggles at times. So I think when the team did some self scouting, they put this need much higher than we, the fans, did.

Bashaud Breeland could step in and play better than Kirkpatrick did last year. So could Steven Nelson. All is not lost.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think early in round 2, we will see a big run on OL. There are A LOT of good prospects still on the board and with the overall downward trend of OL play in the league, I think teams will focus on those guys early on.

The Raiders pick after us looks brutal considering the lack of Oline after that.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr