ASFN has a new owner.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
This forum will continue to be family friendly. That is our intention. I want kids to be able to come on here and their parents don't have to worry about them seeing something they shouldn't. With wanting to add prep/high school sports, I definitely want a clean forum.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Nice. And one wonders why this board was up for sale. Why you haven't been banned due to comments like this is beyond me. I won't even let my kids come here anymore due to crap. The moderation, with the exception of a few from the old days, is just a clique of married and unmarried couples, people who seldom even participate anymore, and people who hang socially and thus protect each other for that reason (so as not to offend their tender sensibilities), and a few of the moderators end up being more offensive than the posters.

Good luck Shaggy!
Why don't you be a moderator then and try to be part of a solution instead of just complaining about what you feel is. A problem?

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
This forum will continue to be family friendly. That is our intention. I want kids to be able to come on here and their parents don't have to worry about them seeing something they shouldn't. With wanting to add prep/high school sports, I definitely want a clean forum.
To be honest a shake up of mods in certain forums might not be the worst idea and if that means throwing my hat in the ring I would. I certainly have the time served. Some are great others just add fuel to fires.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What about photos? You OK with submitting photos of players/games when/if you go to the games?

go to games? only once in chicago many years ago - but if you want photo based headers on this page and some team color skins for the forums, that appears to be a gift of mine.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice. And one wonders why this board was up for sale. Why you haven't been banned due to comments like this is beyond me. I won't even let my kids come here anymore due to crap. The moderation, with the exception of a few from the old days, is just a clique of married and unmarried couples, people who seldom even participate anymore, and people who hang socially and thus protect each other for that reason (so as not to offend their tender sensibilities), and a few of the moderators end up being more offensive than the posters.

Good luck Shaggy!

I apologize for not catching that earlier but haven't been able to check everything as we have been on summer vacation.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any progress on instant e mail notification? Any method of notification? I get nada.

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I should have taken care of the dd post but got side tracked and forgot to remove it. Thanks mad for getting it.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I've put some thought into responding to this post by the Navyvet guy. I apologize if I offend you or if you feel your midgets can't read freely here. You might not like the way I talk, or the way I express myself, and that aint wrong. You were raised the way you were, and I have had a different path. No paths are wrong we just do the best we can with the road we are on. I do offer an olive branch, and understand if you aint down with it.

When I joked about not being banned forever, because of having spent some time with some of the Mods here, I was joking. It does not tarnish the job they do, I accept myself and all my flaws, and I suck at times. But when I'm on I'm on, and I have built many friendships here from scratch. Not some bogus +1 stuff but some real friendships.

Shaggy has PM'd me about his future goals for this site. I am very familiar with the history here, which is why I call this my home. I agree completely with making this a family friendly spot, I became a Cards fan when I was a child. You have your right to say anything you want about me and Mods, you enjoy a team and this is the best place to read about them.

I do beg to differ about me being the reason the site was for sale, or not in the way you state. As far as traffic and dailies go, I think I do well, and not as a troll. I surround myself with kindness, and if you want to do the same you can cherry pick my list of friends, because they are all cool and it took me a little while to figure that out...through time.

Life is way too long when you're doing it wrong, and way too short when you're doing it right. I apologize.

Last edited:

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've put some thought into responding to this post by the Navyvet guy. I apologize if I offend you or if you feel your midgets can't read freely here. You might not like the way I talk, or the way I express myself, and that aint wrong. You were raised the way you were, and I have had a different path. No paths are wrong we just do the best we can with the road we are on. I do offer an olive branch, and understand if you aint down with it.

When I joked about not being banned forever, because of having spent some time with some of the Mods here, I was joking. It does not tarnish the job they do, I accept myself and all my flaws, and I suck at times. But when I'm on I'm on, and I have built many friendships here from scratch. Not some bogus +1 stuff but some real friendships.

Shaggy has PM'd me about his future goals for this site. I am very familiar with the history here, which is why I call this my home. I agree completely with making this a family friendly spot, I became a Cards fan when I was a child. You have your right to say anything you want about me and Mods, you enjoy a team and this is the best place to read about them.

I do beg to differ about me being the reason the site was for sale, or not in the way you state. As far as traffic and dailies go, I think I do well, and not as a troll. I surround myself with kindness, and if you want to do the same you can cherry pick my list of friends, because they are all cool and it took me a little while to figure that out...through time.

Life is way too long when you're doing it wrong, and way too short when you're doing it right. I apologize.

I imagine he only meant the fellacio comment, nothing else was bad. but, if your 14 year old comes here to read about the cardinals, you dont want them reading fellacio comments.

Just .02

You dont do anything wrong, was just poor wording.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I imagine he only meant the fellacio comment, nothing else was bad. but, if your 14 year old comes here to read about the cardinals, you dont want them reading fellacio comments.

Just .02

You dont do anything wrong, was just poor wording.

:thumbup:

Not too mention many of us look while at work and have monitoring systems, so we must go to work safe sites as well. It is more about words, not content.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you may have bought the site from Kebali, but they just billed me on my Paypal account for $18.95 on July 1, 2014. That is real wrong. I would like my refund. Will you help to resolve this issue?

Or, the contribution should revert to Shaggy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sorry Southpaw, I can't do anything. The subscription is tied to their paypal account. I have asked Keebali to cancel all subscriptions. I will ask that they refunded you so please pm me your email that you used for paypal.

Eveyone else, you will all need to go into your paypal account and cancel the subscription you have with Keebali. They can and will, but if they don't you can too.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we just need to get your post count up to a less respectable, more careless number. You need to up your street cred!

Congrats!

OP
OP
Shaggy

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Surprised that there hasn't been more members posting since my mass email I sent out today.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaggy,I didn't get an email. If I didn't, maybe others didn't get theirs. I just went and checked user CP and my email is correct....or maybe you just didn't want me to get it.:D

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaggy,I didn't get an email. If I didn't, maybe others didn't get theirs. I just went and checked user CP and my email is correct....or maybe you just didn't want me to get it.:D

Did you check your junk mail? I know that's an obvious one but it's amazing how often I forget to do it until after I've complained about not getting something. BTW, I did receive the site email.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't receive an email either. I confirmed my email in settings and checked junk mail.

So you have "receive email from administrators" turned on? If so, my next guess is they only sent it to the really special people.:)

Steve

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard