Anyone use Kazaa or some other file sharing program?

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
Are they only targeting people who share their files? Because at this point I just download stuff, I don't share anything....

adam

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by green machine
Are they only targeting people who share their files? Because at this point I just download stuff, I don't share anything....

adam

I think so, cause I don't share anything either.

But if you download, can they track that? Or maybe they're just tracking people who have big collections being shared...that's good then, lol.

Mike

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
But if you download, can they track that?

Yes. Here's a quote from the linked article that explains it better than I can:

Users of Kazaa and Grokster can be easily be identified by their machine's Internet Protocol (IP) address, which in turn links them to an ISP. There is virtually nothing users of these networks can do to hide their activities

Last edited:

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
I rarely us KaZaA anymore, I have begun to get most of my stuff from newgroups. My kids still use KaZaA all the time because it's easier for them.

Time to dump it...

schutd

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Come and get me. The RIAA is an evil evil empire, and their methods will ensure years and years more of sales declines. Saying that file sharing threatens the livlihood of artists???? what a joke. Their contract practices threaten the artist. Sharing musig increases exposure. I buy CD's after I download new stuff, becasue I think the MP3 format sounds compressed and poopy. But it keeps me from wasting money on crap records. I guess a good percentage of sales came from just that. I remember in the early 90's when the RIAA was going after used record stores. A lot of good that did.

I dont even share many files, but amn, this is such a heavy handed way of addressing the problem. If the RIAA wasn't run by a bunch of stodgy old label execs who have no idea what the public really wants, they might have adapted eariler and would have never been in this mess in the first place.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard