Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks brilliant.

Will def see this one in the theater.

You stay classy, Shane.

FArting

Lopes Up!
Reaction score
Saw the preview for this while watching Wolverine.

Friend recommended that I watch Anchorman before seeing Anchorman 2.

Saw Anchorman last night. really funny movie

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i never thought i'd say this but oversaturation of marketing for this movie is actually kind of making me NOT want to see it. enough with the blitz already. jesus! we get it! Anchorman 2 is coming out Christmas!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the minority. I found the character of Ron funny but the rest of the movie....not so funny. I didn't like it the original much. I will wait for this on rental.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
i never thought i'd say this but oversaturation of marketing for this movie is actually kind of making me NOT want to see it. enough with the blitz already. jesus! we get it! Anchorman 2 is coming out Christmas!

I'm the opposite. I don't really care about the new movie. I just want Will Ferrell to continually remain in character and pop up randomly out in the real world until the end of time.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am in the minority. I found the character of Ron funny but the rest of the movie....not so funny. I didn't like it the original much. I will wait for this on rental.

It's not that small of a minority :)

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I'm the opposite. I don't really care about the new movie. I just want Will Ferrell to continually remain in character and pop up randomly out in the real world until the end of time.

I would love that!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
This movie is going to be awful--it is suffering from waaaay too much overexposure.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's being way overhyped, sure, but if it's anywhere close to as good as the first one, I'll like it.

If it's anywhere close to the original, I am glad I am waiting for the rental. It would have to be twice as good for me to consider spending my money to see this in the theater.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
It's being way overhyped, sure, but if it's anywhere close to as good as the first one, I'll like it.

The first one isn't that good. It's basically Fletch Lives. Some good quotable lines, but that's about it.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first one isn't that good. It's basically Fletch Lives. Some good quotable lines, but that's about it.

Agreed. I think the relentless hyping of this movie is actually making people (I caught myself thinking it must have been better than I remembered it, hearing my students talk about it.) change their memories of it.

And, I think Ferrell's character would be funnier if he wasn't always sticking in lines that are incredibly far too dumb for any real person to say.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone remember the original trailer where he jumps on a table or something with CA at the end of it? I remember seeing that seen thinking it was mildly funny only to find out it was not in the film. Little did I know that anything overly funny would be left out of the film as well. ;)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard