Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
http://www.firstshowing.net/2008/05/05/confirmed-anchorman-news-team-definitely-returning/

After initially reporting a rumor back in February that Will Ferrell wanted to bring back Ron Burgundy in an Anchorman sequel, we now have some confirmation. Collider recently caught up with Will Ferrell's friend and collaborator Adam McKay, who directed Anchorman, Talladega Nights, and the upcoming Step Brothers. McKay told him that they're definitely going to do Anchorman 2, but probably not for another two years. Hell yes! I don't mind the wait - just bring Ron Burgundy back! He's one of the greatest characters Will Ferrell has ever created and the other members who make up the news team are some of the best comedians around.

McKay told Collider that "we're going to do it, for sure" and was asked if that meant it was 100% going to happen. His answer: "We're dying to do it. Unless we can't get the cast together, which is always kind of a tricky thing. But, I think, with that cast we're all friends, so yeah, we want to do it." As always, this doesn't mean it is in production and everyone knows that in Hollywood, nothing is official until it's being filmed, but for now it sounds like they're really going to try and make it in two years. Ferrell has already reportedly been reprising his role as Ron Burgundy in live comedy tours.

I said it originally and I'll say it again - damn I can't wait to see this come back! I loved Anchorman, almost more than any other Will Ferrell movie, and it would be amazing to see them return with the original cast and all creative talent attached. I can already foresee this even becoming better than the original - but that might be tough to achieve. Either way, I'm going to cross my fingers and hope Steve Carell, Paul Rudd, and David Koechner all return!

:thewave:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh my. I hope it is a great script.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:barf:

The poor movie screens that have to endure this tired character!
Seriously. Ferrell is milking this one something fierce. The skating movie, the basketball movie, kinda Ricky Bobby. Give it a rest.

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Seriously. Ferrell is milking this one something fierce. The skating movie, the basketball movie, kinda Ricky Bobby. Give it a rest.

Can you blame him Mulli?? When the whole world is begging you to reprise a character and studios are willing to throw a truckload of cake at you. It's an easy decision. I mean it's not like Ferrell needs to think about his "integrity" as an actor. No one's even checking for him in a serious role.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bet this movie will have many leather bound books and smell of rich mahogany.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Am I the only one who thought Anchorman wasn't that funny? :shrug:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Can you blame him Mulli?? When the whole world is begging you to reprise a character and studios are willing to throw a truckload of cake at you. It's an easy decision. I mean it's not like Ferrell needs to think about his "integrity" as an actor. No one's even checking for him in a serious role.

He did an excellent job in Stranger than Fiction. He CAN be a good actor, but he's content to just be a screwball actor. That's fine, he can do as he likes. It's his career.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I'm with you -- and I work in the TV industry.

What does that have to do with whether or not you thought the movie was funny? If it's just about them being in a news station, then I guess I can see it.. but it would be more of your preference if you enjoy that type of comedy

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
I thought there was an "Uncut" anchorman already out there? I guess they shot so much footage with the first one, they made a second movie already with that footage. I havent seen it but my buddy has

It was a bonus with purchase at best buy. I believe it was called "wake up ron burgandy" or something like that.. it was ok

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What does that have to do with whether or not you thought the movie was funny? If it's just about them being in a news station, then I guess I can see it.. but it would be more of your preference if you enjoy that type of comedy

I often do like that kind of humor! In fact, I am sometimes paid to write that kind of humor for print (i.e. go straight to silly and follow the path to absurdity). Just thought Anchorman drove right past absurd, missed the turn at nonsensical, and fell over the ledge into moronic. The few enlightened moments of comedy in that movie were incidental to the effort as a whole; when you play in the arena of absurdity you're bound to find a funny moment or two everyone can enjoy ... but it doesn't mean you've been funny for a full 90 minutes.

People in the TV news industry quote that movie often because it hits close to home for them. But it's usually people who are just like the characters in the movie. It's like Cato Kaelin quoting lines from movies in which he was satirically portrayed. At what point does the parody became sad reality?

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are absolutely right! Sweaty and stinky and all shriveled up!

:|

There was a time, a time before cable. When the local anchorman reigned supreme. When people believed everything they heard on TV. This was an age when only men were allowed to read the news. And in San Diego, one anchorman was more man then the rest. His name was Ron Burgundy. He was like a god walking amongst mere mortals. He had a voice that could make a wolverine purr and suits so fine they made Sinatra look like a hobo. In other words, Ron Burgundy was the balls.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
He did an excellent job in Stranger than Fiction. He CAN be a good actor, but he's content to just be a screwball actor. That's fine, he can do as he likes. It's his career.
true. fair enough. can I get more cowbell?