Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
i never thought i'd say this but oversaturation of marketing for this movie is actually kind of making me NOT want to see it. enough with the blitz already. jesus! we get it! Anchorman 2 is coming out Christmas!

Dude holy cow I completely agree. This movie is EVERYWHERE and it's getting old. I'll still go see it obviously but I was going to see it 1000 previews, first looks, special appearances and special guest presentations ago. lol

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The first one isn't that good. It's basically Fletch Lives. Some good quotable lines, but that's about it.

Agreed. I think the relentless hyping of this movie is actually making people (I caught myself thinking it must have been better than I remembered it, hearing my students talk about it.) change their memories of it.

And, I think Ferrell's character would be funnier if he wasn't always sticking in lines that are incredibly far too dumb for any real person to say.

Yep

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Going to see it tonight. I didn't particularly like the original the first time I saw it. With 9 years of multiple viewings behind me, it's grown on me. I expect this one will be a similar experience.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Laughed by butt off. Very, very funny. No story to speak of at all. More like a 2 hour SNL skit (but one of the rare good ones).

They broached skewering 24 hour news channels in a very satirical way, but stopped short to go for easier jokes.

Once again, the last half hour lurched into insanity. They recycled or updated several jokes from the first one.

And there are definitely some instant quotes that will be repeated over and over for the next decade, just like the first movie.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I too will wait for it to hit on Demand. I didn't particularly like the original. I think Ferrrell is good in short stints but otherwise he's very much like Adam Sandler to me he takes an idea that is amusing and turns it into a terrible movie with just enough funny lines that people laugh at those lines and ignore the overall movie.

I think they're both geniuses because they're making a lot of money doing this apparently.

I do think Ferrell playing Burgundy outside the movie is amusing, it's just inside the movie where I don't particularly like it. I also hate the Steve Carrell character.

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
I too will wait for it to hit on Demand. I didn't particularly like the original. I think Ferrrell is good in short stints but otherwise he's very much like Adam Sandler to me he takes an idea that is amusing and turns it into a terrible movie with just enough funny lines that people laugh at those lines and ignore the overall movie.

I think they're both geniuses because they're making a lot of money doing this apparently.

I do think Ferrell playing Burgundy outside the movie is amusing, it's just inside the movie where I don't particularly like it. I also hate the Steve Carrell character.

Then you will hate this movie. Waaaaaay more Brick in this one.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Then you will hate this movie. Waaaaaay more Brick in this one.

No way they could get him to come back to this movie without a much bigger part. You are the first person I have heard to call this very funny. Just tells me I am making the right decision to wait.

NoelPHX

Space for Sale
Reaction score
Saw it tonight. The wife liked it. I wish i could have slept for two hours. Things we do to make our Significant Other happy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way they could get him to come back to this movie without a much bigger part. You are the first person I have heard to call this very funny. Just tells me I am making the right decision to wait.

74% fresh on rotten tomatoes.

met with an exec last night who saw and said it was really funny. but I still got a bad feeling that whoever loved the original might be living in the nostalgia of the first one when they see this one.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
74% fresh on rotten tomatoes.

met with an exec last night who saw and said it was really funny. but I still got a bad feeling that whoever loved the original might be living in the nostalgia of the first one when they see this one.

Actually since I posted this a friend of mine basically said that if you loved the first one you will find this funny if you didn't....more of the same.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues

Release Date: December 17, 2013 (p.m. screenings)
Studio: Paramount Pictures
Director: Adam McKay
Screenwriter: Will Ferrell, Adam McKay
Genre: Comedy
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for crude and sexual content, drug use, language and comic violence)

Starring: Will Ferrell, Christina Applegate, Steve Carell, David Koechner, Paul Rudd, Kristen Wiig, James Marsden, Dylan Baker, Meagan Good, Harrison Ford, Greg Kinnear, Josh Lawson, Vince Vaughn, Luke Wilson, Nicole Kidman

Plot Summary: With the 70's behind him, San Diego's top rated newsman, Ron Burgundy (Will Ferrell), returns to the news desk in "Anchorman 2: The Legend Continues." Also back for more are Ron's co-anchor and wife, Veronica Corningstone (Christina Applegate), weather man Brick Tamland (Steve Carell), man on the street Brian Fantana (Paul Rudd) and sports guy Champ Kind (David Koechner) - All of whom won't make it easy to stay classy…while taking the nation's first 24-hour news channel by storm.

You must be registered for see images attach

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
OMFG, this was hilarious. The gonads they had to have to do what they did during the biracial sex scene...good Lord! Almost fell off the seat laughing at that part.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weird the hype over this movie and 5 pages of fanboy excitement and yet only two people have seen it? Hmmmm

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was something of a disappointment at the box office.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was something of a disappointment at the box office.

It started off slow, but it's held very steady through the holidays and will likely top out at 130 million which should make Paramount pretty happy. Budget was only 50 million and they got a TON of free pub with all the dodge commercials they didn't have to pay one penny for.

That being said, it was REALLY mediocre. And that's coming from someone who thinks the first is an absolute classic.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
It had its moments, but was definitely nowhere near as good as the first one.

Like The Hangover (and way too many others to name), this would have been better as a one and done classic.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
It started off slow, but it's held very steady through the holidays and will likely top out at 130 million which should make Paramount pretty happy. Budget was only 50 million and they got a TON of free pub with all the dodge commercials they didn't have to pay one penny for.

That being said, it was REALLY mediocre. And that's coming from someone who thinks the first is an absolute classic.

Saw it last night. Loved the first... Thought 2 was not even mediocre. Disappointed and hoping there won't be a 3!'

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rented this over the weekend. What complete garbage. Seriously, this movie blew. I should have known better after the first one. I fell asleep during this movie twice and when I finally watched the entire thing found one scene to be really funny.

I have not seen a good WF movie since ELF. If it had not been for Steve Carrell this movie would have been unwatchable.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
Saw it last night. Laughed by butt off. Very, very funny. No story to speak of at all. More like a 2 hour SNL skit (but one of the rare good ones).

They broached skewering 24 hour news channels in a very satirical way, but stopped short to go for easier jokes.

Once again, the last half hour lurched into insanity. They recycled or updated several jokes from the first one.

And there are definitely some instant quotes that will be repeated over and over for the next decade, just like the first movie.

Yeah, I liked when they poked fun at the 24 hour news channels with the car chase.

The best thing about the original was the plethora of quotable lines. This one just didn't deliver in that category. And it dragged on too long. The wheels came off a bit towards the end. They should have wrapped it up sooner. Still pretty funny though.

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
The only good movie Will Ferrell was ever in was Wedding Crashers. Every other he always plays an imbecile...and that gets old real quick.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Ferrell might go down as one of the most overrated film comedians ever. I look at his list of movies and the last one he headlined that I thought was hilarious was ELF. Ironic that to me his best two films since that time were animated (Megamind and The Lego Movie).

Don't get me wrong, I think much of his TV stuff was hilarious. I like many of his funny or die skits as well. However, as a movie lead? Bah!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will Ferrell might go down as one of the most overrated film comedians ever. I look at his list of movies and the last one he headlined that I thought was hilarious was ELF. Ironic that to me his best two films since that time were animated (Megamind and The Lego Movie).

Don't get me wrong, I think much of his TV stuff was hilarious. I like many of his funny or die skits as well. However, as a movie lead? Bah!

The only good movie Will Ferrell was ever in was Wedding Crashers. Every other he always plays an imbecile...and that gets old real quick.

Telladega nights? Hilarious!

Step brothers? Hilarious!

Elf? funny

How about as the ladies mans gay wrestling nemesis? hilarious.

I love me some Will Ferrell.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard