4 Favorite 1st Round Players for the Cardinals

Reaction score
Sheldon Rankins - poor mans Aaron Donald. AD being a future HOFr and arguably 2nd best defensive player in the NFL (behind Watt) that's saying a lot, even for a poor mans version.

Mackensie Alexander - love his personality and competitiveness

William Jackson III - Extremely athletic. Looks like a shut down CB

Chris Jones - Inconsistent, but when hes 'on', hes a game changer.

Bonus - Kentrell Brothers. I 100% believe he will be a pro bowler. His height (6') unfairly is nuking his draft position.

He's played 2 seasons & he's already a HoFer?

MartinD

Rookie
Reaction score
I enjoy the pleasure of fantasizing about the upcoming draft. The leap for Wentz won't happen but it's a fun idea. If we somehow made the trade -- and it's not a trade a playoff caliber team would or should make -- his salary won't be an issue because of the draft cap, as oaken said.

Wentz is far from a lock as a QB, despite his talents. I'd take him at #29, sure, and I'd take Goff there, too. Worth the gamble. But it ain't happening.

This team goes as far as a protected Palmer can take them. If he gets injured and out early, we'll be picking top 10 next year, anyway. Let's talk QBOF then. This year, let's find our current QB someone who can give him time to throw.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
how would wentz take up huge money when the draft slots are capped?

How many $$$$$ in a slotted #2 pick contract? I don't know, but assume it is big $$$$. Glennon is still on a rookie 3rd round $675K contract.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's played 2 seasons & he's already a HoFer?

Easily. For a DT, hes better at his job than almost anyone else on the field is at theirs. Took 1 year to reach that level.

As long as he doesn't have some brutal injury, hes a walk in HOFr at this pace. And theres no reason to assume his pace changes, as hes been doing all thru college as well.

In fact, hes only in year 3. He will probably get even better.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
:thumbup:

If I understand the link data;

The Cards have $4.2 million rookie pool $$$$$. If they move up to Titan's spot Wentz would cost $5 million. How does that work out?

you extend Calais Campbell.........

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
:thumbup:

If I understand the link data;

The Cards have $4.2 million rookie pool $$$$$. If they move up to Titan's spot Wentz would cost $5 million. How does that work out?

I'm fairly certain the Cards rookie pool $$$ would change along with the movement of draft picks. Cards get more RPCM because they know have the #1 overall pick.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard