300 (Frank Miller)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I just learned about it a little more today in class. So the Spartans had a traitor and the Persians did end up killing these 300 Spartans. Interesting stuff.

Oh, they definitely killed the 300. The delay of 3 days, and the Persian defeat at sea, left them demoralized and rife for defeat when they faced the combined Grecian army, containing not 300 but several thousand Spartans.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
300 Teams with UFC's Chuck Liddell
Source: Warner Bros. Pictures
December 28, 2006

As portrayed in Warner Bros. Pictures' new action adventure 300, the Spartans were the original ultimate fighters of ancient Greece. Now the studio is teaming with today's Ultimate Fighting Championship® (UFC) Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell, a.k.a. "The Iceman," to promote the film, which opens nationwide on March 9, 2007 in a first-of-its-kind sponsorship.

Kicking off the promotion, Warner Bros. will be sponsoring Liddell in his next Ultimate Fight in Las Vegas on December 30, 2006. In addition, Liddell will be making personal appearances and will lend his name and likeness to a variety of other promotions that will be taking place across the country in the months leading up to the film's release.

Based on the epic graphic novel by Frank Miller, 300 is a ferocious retelling of the ancient Battle of Thermopylae in which King Leonidas (Gerard Butler) and 300 Spartans fought to the death against Xerxes and his massive Persian army. Facing insurmountable odds, their valor and sacrifice inspire all of Greece to unite against their Persian enemy, drawing a line in the sand for democracy. The film brings Miller's ("Sin City") acclaimed graphic novel to life by combining live action with virtual backgrounds that capture his distinct vision of this ancient historic tale.

:cool:

Espo

Lets Go Suns
Reaction score
The movie looks great and i read about this in my Greek history class in College. Amazing story.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a movie that I will definitely see in the theater. It looks a-mazing.

When will they make Frank Millers Pax Americana series "Give Me Liberty" into a film? That would kick all kinds of ass.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Got my tickets for the midnight showing tonight!!!

I'm gonna be dog slow tomorrow at work!! I'm apologizing in advance for all my typo's...:D

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got my tickets for the midnight showing tonight!!!

I'm gonna be dog slow tomorrow at work!! I'm apologizing in advance for all my typo's...:D
Nice!

My boss is out of town early next week. I'm going to take a long lunch to go see it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to go see this in IMAX to get the full experience. I don't think that I have anyone to go with though.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got it at a local (Denver) comic book shop.

You might call Atomic--I'd bet at least one of their locations has it.

They have it at Atomic. You're talking about the $30.00 hardbound edition, right? It looks sweet!

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a man's movie. Go with your buddies, go alone, it doesn't matter. Just go see it because it is what being a guy is all about.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is a man's movie. Go with your buddies, go alone, it doesn't matter. Just go see it because it is what being a guy is all about.

Something about movies...I just can't go alone.

I do want to see this movie though, maybe I will invite a cousin to go with me or something.

burndoggy

Veteran
Reaction score
I have a hard time going with anybody but myself these days. I hate going with others, and I hate going to crowded theaters.
I would reccomend the arizona center. I live about ten miles from it but go there to see movies because it is rarely crowded.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard