300: Rise of an Empire

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
300: Rise of an Empire

Release Date: March 6, 2014 (3D/2D theaters and IMAX, p.m. screenings)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Noam Murro
Screenwriter: Zack Snyder, Kurt Johnstad
Genre: Action, Adventure
MPAA Rating: R (for strong sustained sequences of stylized bloody violence throughout, a sex scene, nudity and some language)

Starring: Sullivan Stapleton, Eva Green, Lena Headey, Hans Matheson, David Wenham, Rodrigo Santoro, Igal Naor, Callan Mulvey, Jack O'Connell, Andrew Tiernan

Plot Summary: Based on Frank Miller's latest graphic novel "Xerxes" and told in the breathtaking visual style of the blockbuster "300," this new chapter of the epic saga takes the action to a fresh battlefield—on the sea—as Greek general Themistokles (Sullivan Stapleton) attempts to unite all of Greece by leading the charge that will change the course of the war. "300: Rise of an Empire" pits Themistokles against the massive invading Persian forces led by mortal-turned-god Xerxes (Rodrigo Santoro), and Artemesia (Eva Green), vengeful commander of the Persian navy.

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty bad. Didn't give a crap about any of the Athenians who were about dimensional as a piece of cardboard.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Loved the 300 movie but I haven't heard one good thing about this one heard its just awful

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Meanwhile, elsewhere in Greece...

There's a reason there is the legend of the 300 that is really well known and not legends about what else was happening at that exact same time, because it wasn't all that interesting. lol

The sex scene was pretty funny though.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I thought it was pretty bad. Didn't give a crap about any of the Athenians who were about dimensional as a piece of cardboard.

Why was it so bad? What did you not like about it?

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Spartans were barely in the movie. It was mostly about the Athenians side of the battle. If you remember how king Leonidas described the Athenians I could care less about them.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Just for the reason I said. I didnt give a crap about the main character or the men he was leading and even felt more sympathy for the villain, thus all those pretty battles scenes (none of which did anything interesting or new) were completely limp.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wow bummer...I figured there were more spartans involved. I guess it makes sense that they are not though. Maybe ill just wait for dvd.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I liked it a lot. Not as much as 300, of course, but I still liked it. Themistocles is an incredible historical figure who was just as important in the grand scheme of things as King Leonidas. Well, much more important, actually. Leonidas bought three days; Themistocles single-handed, through lying to the Athenians, was responsible for Greece not being overrun and becoming a Persian colony. Had he not lied his rear off to convince them to build a navy years earlier, it would have been ball game over. And the Spartans had a puny navy which played very little part at Salamis.

Still, the tale of the 300 is cooler to tell, and I realize that. That's why the movie was way cooler than the sequel. I did at least like the sequel, though.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked it a lot. Not as much as 300, of course, but I still liked it. Themistocles is an incredible historical figure who was just as important in the grand scheme of things as King Leonidas. Well, much more important, actually. Leonidas bought three days; Themistocles single-handed, through lying to the Athenians, was responsible for Greece not being overrun and becoming a Persian colony. Had he not lied his rear off to convince them to build a navy years earlier, it would have been ball game over. And the Spartans had a puny navy which played very little part at Salamis.

If any of the above was actually in the movie maybe I would have cared...but it wasn't so he was just another dude in a cape.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saw this yesterday, and thought it was awful. Probably the worst movie I've seen since Transformers 2. It should have been a cartoon, it was that ridiculous. Horrible dialogue, terrible action scenes... not one damn good thing I can think of.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
If any of the above was actually in the movie maybe I would have cared...but it wasn't so he was just another dude in a cape.

Fair enough. It helped for me, but I understand.

I saw this yesterday, and thought it was awful. Probably the worst movie I've seen since Transformers 2. It should have been a cartoon, it was that ridiculous. Horrible dialogue, terrible action scenes... not one damn good thing I can think of.

Whoa. WHOA! I put Transformers 2 on a platform with Redneck Zombies. No way it was that bad!