Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jodorowsky's Dune

Release Date: March 21, 2014 (limited)
Studio: Sony Pictures Classics
Director: Frank Pavich
Screenwriter: Not Available
Genre: Documentary
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for some violent and sexual images and drug references)

Starring: N/A

Plot Summary: "Jodorowsky's Dune" explores legendary cult film director Alejandro Jodorowsky (El Topo, Holy Mountain, Santa Sangre) and his staggeringly ambitious, yet ultimately doomed, mid-1970’s film adaptation of the seminal science fiction novel "Dune." The tale of Jodorowsky and his Dune is a fascinating trip through creativity and imagination, a story about the relentless pursuit of a dream, and the necessity of art. In pre-production for over two years, the film was to star Jodorowsky's own 12-year-old son Brontis alongside Orson Welles, Mick Jagger, David Carradine and even Salvador Dali, set to a musical score by Pink Floyd and art-design by some of the most provocative talents of the era, including H.R. Giger and Jean ‘Moebius’ Giraud.

You must be registered for see images attach

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder if he's still interested?

Legendary has just acquired film and TV rights to Frank Herbert’s seminal science fiction novel Dune after coming to agreement with the Herbert estate. This is not the first time Dune has been brought to both the small and big screens over the novel’s 51 years since Herbert wrote his iconic book. Many filmmakers attempted but failed over the years to bring this iconic novel to life in the way that Herbert and sci-fi fans imagined.

http://deadline.com/2016/11/dune-frank-herbert-sci-fi-novel-legendary-rights-acquisition-1201858221/

Do not screw this up, people. :grabs:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't read Dune. Is it a worthwhile read?

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have neither read the book or seen the movie. I shall have to do both.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I haven't read Dune. Is it a worthwhile read?

I don't care for it, myself. It's a good book at its base, but bloated by Herbert, IMO.

If a little thinly-veiled cultural appropriation and latent racism about the Middle East might bother you, I'd give it a pass. Otherwise, I'd suggest at least giving it a try.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I don't care for it, myself. It's a good book at its base, but bloated by Herbert, IMO.

If a little thinly-veiled cultural appropriation and latent racism about the Middle East might bother you, I'd give it a pass. Otherwise, I'd suggest at least giving it a try.

I love latent racism it's my favorite kind of racism!

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I do prefer my cultural appropriation thickly-veiled and my racism manifest, but I still loved it.