2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering who some of the “key reserves” are I’m surprised with damion lees shooting this season that he’s not considered at that level.

I didn't get beyond the paywall. Lee has value as a shooter for sure. He is one of the Suns better additions.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maxi Kleber will miss 6-8 weeks due to a reported sprain in his right knee.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stephen Curry is expected to miss a few weeks with left shoulder injury.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard that there have been no trades on December 15th for the last twelve years. Rare for anything to actually happen.

Not sure where you heard that. The Suns dealt Ariza a few years back shortly after December 15th. While deals may not happen that day, they get worked out. Ariza was dealt the 17th, for example.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saddened Tyrell Terry, drafted #31 by the Mavericks in 2020, has stepped away from basketball but he has to do what is best for him.

Perhaps at some future time he may reconsider.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I saddened Tyrell Terry, drafted #31 by the Mavericks in 2020, has stepped away from basketball but he has to do what is best for him.

Feel bad for the kid but I never got why he left Stanford when he did. I guess he was a first round pick so it worked out but it was obvious that he was a really good player but probably not ready. The general rule I go by is if you're a first rounder, go, but in his case at Stanford with that education, it just seemed to me the logical move was stay at least one more year, work on the things he needed to work on, and see if he could get drafted higher.

Hope he gets the help he needs for the anxiety.

To me he's an example of sometimes the people trying to "help you" make a decision aren't actually looking out for your best interests they're looking for their own interests.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And there goes the season.

Hopefully not. The Warriors deserve to defend their Championship.

It's been a crazy season thus far, with not many clear-cut upper echelon teams.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Feel bad for the kid but I never got why he left Stanford when he did. I guess he was a first round pick so it worked out but it was obvious that he was a really good player but probably not ready. The general rule I go by is if you're a first rounder, go, but in his case at Stanford with that education, it just seemed to me the logical move was stay at least one more year, work on the things he needed to work on, and see if he could get drafted higher.

Hope he gets the help he needs for the anxiety.

To me he's an example of sometimes the people trying to "help you" make a decision aren't actually looking out for your best interests they're looking for their own interests.

I liked Tyrell Terry's skills coming out of college but I didn't know much about him otherwise.

If he returns to the game at some point, he needs a team that will be patient with him. Playing basketball should be fun.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Man that makes me sad. I get the pressure placed on these kids, but hoops is fun. It should be fun. Even as a business.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And there goes the season.

Nah, your only real worry now is re injury. I expect it popped out, then popped back in on it's own. A pleb would get recommended a week or so of rest and then PT to strengthen the muscles around the joint. The Warriors probably already have him hooked up to electrodes.

Re-injury would be the fear. Avoid diving for balls and trying to rip the ball in contested situations for a while, like Cam Newton in the Superbowl. I know a kid who popped his shoulder out 3 times in one year because he had some dumb technique of throwing his back pack on.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah, your only real worry now is re injury. I expect it popped out, then popped back in on it's own. A pleb would get recommended a week or so of rest and then PT to strengthen the muscles around the joint. The Warriors probably already have him hooked up to electrodes.

Re-injury would be the fear. Avoid diving for balls and trying to rip the ball in contested situations for a while, like Cam Newton in the Superbowl. I know a kid who popped his shoulder out 3 times in one year because he had some dumb technique of throwing his back pack on.

Well remember they already are without Wiggins, and Klay has a knee issue. IF several weeks is just 10 games we're looking at them going like 2-8, and that assumes they get Wiggins back soon.

THey're 14-15 now, so that puts them at 16-23 with 43 games left. 25-18 the rest of the way gets them to 500. They're the last team in right now in a play in at 10, so they'd probably have to jump 3-4 teams to get into the top 10 again. And that's just 2 weeks. if it's 3 weeks.

If you look at their stats with Curry on the floor and off the floor it's just not very good. Kuminga has really been coming on of late and Poole is good but one of the reasons they've been playing better is that Poole and Draymond with the 2nd team and Kuminga have made the bench "good." If Poole is starting it will weaken the bench.

I guess we'll see, Kerr is a good coach he'll do what he can but the concern is the key guys other than Poole are old and you can't just ask them to play more minutes every game to cover for Steph. THey will break down and get hurt if you do

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I should add it appears the Anthony Lamb situation may be changing too. The initial reports were there was a rape when he was in college, he was not named as a defendant and the Warriors, and other teams investigated and cleared him. now the victim has come forward and said Lamb WAS involved, I fully expect them to take another look at that whole thing and that will likely involve him either suspended or off the team entirely.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Yup. I’ve got a shoulder that I jobbed in college playing football. Still slips out and back in now and again (long periods between happenings, like even years), but when it does slip out, holy crap does it hurt. Takes a few weeks to have the pain subside.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

AD left the game last night. MRI on his foot so he’s probably gonna miss the rest of the season knowing him

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anthony Davis will likely get an MRI of his right foot. The Suns play the Lakers on Monday.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Shams reporting AD will miss at least a month.

So bizarre. How? How is that an injury?

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rumor is the Bulls want to blow it up. I’d be all over Derozan he’s a FA after next year so him and Paul would pretty much be off the books if it doesn’t work out.

Ayton
Craig
Bridges
Booker
Payne

Bench
Biz
Cam Johnson
Derozan
Lee
Paul

With the Knicks(Randle) and Nets(KD) rolling I think those two are off the table. Gambo has reported over and over we don’t want Collins from ATL.

SGA would be ideal but I don’t see us making that trade.

I think Derozan is the best we can do who’s a legit offensive option

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Siakam and Fred Van Vleet are 2 guys that might become available.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson