2022-23 Around the NBA Thread

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Toronto isn’t stupid they won’t trade Siakam for anything less than our KD package.

He's due for an extension this summer, it will depend on how likely they think he is to re-up.

They're circling the drain.

Personally, if we're going all in, I'd rather go for Siakam anyway. He opens up and extends our window (assuming we could resign him). If we trade for Durant we'd have the next year and a half to try to win the title before we would likely plummet into an abyss.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A package for Siakam would be interesting. I'd give a boatload of picks for him and expirings in Saric, Crowder, and Shamet, who isn't expiring but has little left guaranteed beyond this season. A frontcourt of Siakam, Ayton, and Bridges is nice and long. I'd give up Ayton for Siakam if Toronto wanted him and then try and find a Center elsewhere. We could probably get McGee back for Crowder, in a worst case sort of scenario.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A package for Siakam would be interesting. I'd give a boatload of picks for him and expirings in Saric, Crowder, and Shamet, who isn't expiring but has little left guaranteed beyond this season. A frontcourt of Siakam, Ayton, and Bridges is nice and long. I'd give up Ayton for Siakam if Toronto wanted him and then try and find a Center elsewhere. We could probably get McGee back for Crowder, in a worst case sort of scenario.

I like McGee, he's a fun dude to watch, but I have zero interest in taking him back.

Every contender can spread the court and McGee is utterly useless against those teams, he gets torched away from the rim, and on offense he clogs the lane and can only score if spoon fed. The Mavs have already dumped him almost entirely from their rotations.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah I’d try to get a sweet Portland fire sale like deal and grab both siakam and van fleet. I’m greedy that way. Cam Johnson, crowder, saric, shamet and a boatload of picks.
That ain’t getting a deal done.

I think you guys are so unrealistic. Siakam is averaging 25/7/8 and we’re going to get him for expirings and late first rounders and a dinged up Cam Johnson?

No, THIS is where you sell high on Bridges, make him the centerpiece of the deal with contracts and every draft pick from here to kingdom come.

Would it be great to just add Siakam to this current team and basically not lose a thing off it? Sure. But it’s fantasy land. To get you have to give something.

CP3
Booker
Cam J
Siakam
Ayton

Is a MUCH better team than what we currently have with everyone healthy AND it’s core is still around the same age as Siakam is only two years older than Bridges, while being the vastly superior player.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I think you guys are so unrealistic. Siakam is averaging 25/7/8 and we’re going to get him for expirings and late first rounders and a dinged up Cam Johnson?

No, THIS is where you sell high on Bridges, make him the centerpiece of the deal with contracts and every draft pick from here to kingdom come.

Would it be great to just add Siakam to this current team and basically not lose a thing off it? Sure. But it’s fantasy land. To get you have to give something.

CP3
Booker
Cam J
Siakam
Ayton

Is a MUCH better team than what we currently have with everyone healthy AND it’s core is still around the same age as Siakam is only two years older than Bridges, while being the vastly superior player.
I'd love Siakam on this team, but a huge mistake teams make in sports is bidding against themselves.

Never... ever, bid against yourself.

There are very few contending teams that can offer cap relief and a boat load of picks.

If Siakam actually is put on the market, a package of multiple first round picks, expiring contracts and Cam Johnson, is vastly superior to what anyone else could muster up.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd love Siakam on this team, but a huge mistake teams make in sports is bidding against themselves.

Never... ever, bid against yourself.

There are very few contending teams that can offer cap relief and a boat load of picks.

If Siakam actually is put on the market, a package of multiple first round picks, expiring contracts and Cam Johnson, is vastly superior to what anyone else could muster up.

If Toronto makes Siakam available you think the Suns are gonna be bidding against themselves? This ain’t a Gobert situation

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

CP3
Booker
Cam J
Siakam
Ayton

You can’t get rid of bridges. He makes funny faces when he dunks.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's due for an extension this summer, it will depend on how likely they think he is to re-up.

They're circling the drain.

Personally, if we're going all in, I'd rather go for Siakam anyway. He opens up and extends our window (assuming we could resign him). If we trade for Durant we'd have the next year and a half to try to win the title before we would likely plummet into an abyss.
I think I agree. Obviously Siakam is not nearly as good, but he is younger.

Still wouldn't give up Bridges or Ayton for him though.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If Toronto makes Siakam available you think the Suns are gonna be bidding against themselves? This ain’t a Gobert situation
If they want cap relief and picks, we have a pretty good package to offer.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

CP3
Booker
Cam J
Siakam
Ayton

I’d do that. I just to try the Portland sweetheart deal first

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Not sure where you heard that. The Suns dealt Ariza a few years back shortly after December 15th. While deals may not happen that day, they get worked out. Ariza was dealt the 17th, for example.
The quote I heard was specific to that exact day.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wonder if any team would give up a 1st for Crowder? I imagine there's a handful of teams that would but the 1st wouldn't be very attractive as far as belonging to a contender this year. If it were a future 1st, there'd be more value since there's more of a chance a team could fall apart. JJ needs to take the best picks package he can for Crowder and flip those when someone becomes available he wants.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Does Jimmy Butler become available if the Miami keep sliding?

Nobody gets the better of Pat Riley in a trade. Whether Butler becomes available or not, I don't want to trade with Miami. I'd even say no to a straight swap Butler for Ayton because that means Riles knows how to get Ayton to live up to his potential regularly and become Alonzo Mourning 2.0.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson