Cards Trade Request Will Be Met

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Probably. It's what the game is right now and he would be dumb not to. As critical as I am of Monti, I don't believe he feels any pressure to move down if he can't get the price he wants.
I don’t think he feels pressure to move down; it’s really a question of leading him where he wants to go.

He’s much more likely to overplay his hand and exercise a pick he’d prefer to trade out of. Like getting nothing for Hopkins.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If you step back and look at this objectively I wonder how much of this is wild conjecture.

Some of these trade packages are packages you would give up to get to #1 for a high floor QB, not #4 for a guy that's got big question marks.

If this was reversed and we were at 11 or 12 I would hope we wouldn't give up more than 50-60% of the book price for #4.

For the Vikings that would be #11, #23 and next years first.

Any GM giving up the haul discussed here for a coin flip QB at #4 would need some big balls. That's career suicide if it goes wrong.

Minny would be giving up two extra picks, one assuredly and one probably in the second half of the first round, for their QBOF. There is no guarantee of a return, any more than horse breeders paying millions for two-year-old XY, sired by XY.

You can bet that a GM with half a brain would protect his future with the owner's approval before making the move.

If making these calls and failing was career suicide, a certain GM in San Fran would be out of a job.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is the worst trade back I have seen to date.

Harrison and a 2025 fourth rounder

for

2025 1st (likely late)
2025 2nd (likely late)

4. Buffalo Bills (mock trade with Arizona): MARVIN HARRISON JR., WIDE RECEIVER, OHIO STATE

Harrison, the son of Hall of Fame receiver Marvin Harrison, was the best WR on the field last season. His stock has slipped some because he skipped offseason workouts but his tape is enough. The Bills are under pressure to win a Super Bowl and need a No. 1 wideout after trading Stefon Diggs. This blockbuster deal sends pick No. 28, a second-rounder (60), a fourth (128), a fifth (160) and a 2025 first and second to Arizona for No. 4 and a 2025 fourth.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score

for

2025 1st (likely late)
2025 2nd (likely late)

4. Buffalo Bills (mock trade with Arizona): MARVIN HARRISON JR., WIDE RECEIVER, OHIO STATE

Harrison, the son of Hall of Fame receiver Marvin Harrison, was the best WR on the field last season. His stock has slipped some because he skipped offseason workouts but his tape is enough. The Bills are under pressure to win a Super Bowl and need a No. 1 wideout after trading Stefon Diggs. This blockbuster deal sends pick No. 28, a second-rounder (60), a fourth (128), a fifth (160) and a 2025 first and second to Arizona for No. 4 and a 2025 fourth.
Fantasy land BS.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

for

2025 1st (likely late)
2025 2nd (likely late)

We also get Josh Allen, right?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

for

2025 1st (likely late)
2025 2nd (likely late)

Buffalo? More like BuffaNO!

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
It will be to the detriment to trade; they need to take MHJ and be done until #27.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score

for

2025 1st (likely late)
2025 2nd (likely late)

Hahahahahahaha

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dane Brugler's 7 round Mock Draft from the Athletic:

At #4 the Cardinals trade for the #11, #23, and a 2025 third rounder. Sounds terrible right?

Except

#5 the Cardinals trade #11 and #35 for #5 and take Marvin Harrison Jr.

#23: Cooper DeJean DB

#27 Chop Robinson DE

#66 Brandon Dorius DL

#71 Dominick Puni G

#90 Marshawn Lloyd RB (Passing on Brenden Rice I will be shocked if this pick isn't Rice if he is available)

#104 Sedrick Van Prangranger C

#138 Tommy Eichenberg LB

#162 Myles Harden DB

#186 Jhaquan Jackson WR

So some of this I love and some of it I am very meh. I want no part of a "hybrid" DB like DeJean. Just screams he ends up being an okay safety I could have gotten 3 rounds later. I way prefer Wiggins, Newton and McKinstry that were all available here. I mean you could have walked out with Newton and Robinson and the defense looks so different.

Then in round 3 you take Kamari Lassiter over Dorius and certainly Rice over a RB.

Other than that I like it.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dane Brugler's 7 round Mock Draft from the Athletic:

At #4 the Cardinals trade for the #11, #23, and a 2025 third rounder. Sounds terrible right?

Except

#5 the Cardinals trade #11 and #35 for #5 and take Marvin Harrison Jr.

#23: Cooper DeJean DB

#27 Chop Robinson DE

#66 Brandon Dorius DL

#71 Dominick Puni G

#90 Marshawn Lloyd RB (Passing on Brenden Rice I will be shocked if this pick isn't Rice if he is available)

#104 Sedrick Van Prangranger C

#138 Tommy Eichenberg LB

#162 Myles Harden DB

#186 Jhaquan Jackson WR

So some of this I love and some of it I am very meh. I want no part of a "hybrid" DB like DeJean. Just screams he ends up being an okay safety I could have gotten 3 rounds later. I way prefer Wiggins, Newton and McKinstry that were all available here. I mean you could have walked out with Newton and Robinson and the defense looks so different.

Then in round 3 you take Kamari Lassiter over Dorius and certainly Rice over a RB.

Other than that I like it.
I badly wanted to thumbs down you, but I just couldn’t :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard