Cards Trade Request Will Be Met

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
My only concern with Addison is 50/50 balls. Because Murray doesn’t excel at ball placement I think Murray is most effective with guy who dominate contested passes.
But every receiver on the team needn’t be a jump ball guy. If we can land Addison and odunze we good. Means we have a variety of receiver skill sets. If we land Addison and nabers we start to look like Miami. Not the worst thing in the world either.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There’s just no way Minnesota is giving up 3 first round picks and Addison for JJ McCarthy.
11, 23, and Addison would be fine with me.

Addison plus three first round picks at 11,23,27 would do wonders for the team...but I would even be willing to give 11 and 27 to get back around 6 or 8 ... Coming away with Addison and Odunze would be awesome

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you step back and look at this objectively I wonder how much of this is wild conjecture.

Some of these trade packages are packages you would give up to get to #1 for a high floor QB, not #4 for a guy that's got big question marks.

If this was reversed and we were at 11 or 12 I would hope we wouldn't give up more than 50-60% of the book price for #4.

For the Vikings that would be #11, #23 and next years first.

Any GM giving up the haul discussed here for a coin flip QB at #4 would need some big balls. That's career suicide if it goes wrong.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
If you step back and look at this objectively I wonder how much of this is wild conjecture.

Some of these trade packages are packages you would give up to get to #1 for a high floor QB, not #4 for a guy that's got big question marks.

If this was reversed and we were at 11 or 12 I would hope we wouldn't give up more than 50-60% of the book price for #4.

Any GM giving up the haul discussed here for a coin flip QB at #4 would need some big balls. That's career suicide if it goes wrong.
I don’t get it either. But if that’s the offer you have to consider it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Might be a case of pre-draft jitters, but for weeks I've been worried that we would trade back and lose MHJ. Now that I feel that we will stay at #4, I'm worried that the Bears or Giants will trade with NE and take MHJ at #3. I know nothing about the NE GM (Wolfe?) and if he's a 'trade' type. Anyone have a clue?
Just in general, I would not worry about a team trading up for MHJ. It isn't that it can't happen, but it would be such an outlier move to give up the required draft capital for a non-QB that you just have to tip your hat and move on.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It is career suicide if you don't get a QB too.

One thing to remember in this is no GM is moving up for a QB to just get a QB. They are moving up because they like the QB available. The issue this year is that people are struggling to understand what NFL teams see in McCarthy (or Maye tbh). I could be that these teams have Maye and McCarthy as better fits than Williams or Daniels.

Off topic...I would not be shocked to hear Dallas offering CeeDee Lamb to move into the top 4 for a QB. I am not sure how much they want to pay Prescott moving forward, and how much they want an expensive WR contract to go with a QB transition. I could see them offering two 1st, a 3rd and CeeDee. I don't know if they would get any takers tho.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

We saw the Niners go 3 1sts and a 3rd for Lance though, and I was shocked at how much they gave up considering Lance's lack of production and level of competition.

I'm not high on McCarthy, but I can say without a doubt that he is a much better prospect than Lance was. And I was laughing at the Niners when they made that trade, so this isn't retrospect.

So I could see a team fooling themselves. I've fooled myself too when the Cardinals really needed a young QB, but I learned my lessons.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
It is career suicide if you don't get a QB too.

One thing to remember in this is no GM is moving up for a QB to just get a QB. They are moving up because they like the QB available. The issue this year is that people are struggling to understand what NFL teams see in McCarthy (or Maye tbh). I could be that these teams have Maye and McCarthy as better fits than Williams or Daniels.

Off topic...I would not be shocked to hear Dallas offering CeeDee Lamb to move into the top 4 for a QB. I am not sure how much they want to pay Prescott moving forward, and how much they want an expensive WR contract to go with a QB transition. I could see them offering two 1st, a 3rd and CeeDee. I don't know if they would get any takers tho.
I'd take that package in a NY minute. You hope that one of these three receivers is as good as Ceedee.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard