Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are a number of other players I could name, but it sounds like Damion Lee and Isaiah Thomas seem preferable options to you.

Players like Raul Neto, Frank Kaminsky and Meyers Leonard were also likely available to name only a few more.
I don't know what he has left but I've always liked Thomas, not enough to add or keep him if there's someone better though. And I've never cared much for Lee's game. Like I said earlier, I wish we'd parted ways with him before the injury. I don't know much about the current situation with Neto, Frank and Meyers so I can't say much but I'm all for anything that would have improved this team. I just don't think we had much of a chance to do that once we traded for KD and Beal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know what he has left but I've always liked Thomas, not enough to add or keep him if there's someone better though. And I've never cared much for Lee's game. Like I said earlier, I wish we'd parted ways with him before the injury. I don't know much about the current situation with Neto, Frank and Meyers so I can't say much but I'm all for anything that would have improved this team. I just don't think we had much of a chance to do that once we traded for KD and Beal.

I was a fan of Isaiah Thomas for many seasons. IMO, the Suns shouldn't have traded him way back when but Ryan McDonough handled the situation poorly.

From my perspective, adding IT to the team at this point in time, was more cosmetic than anything else. Otherwise, I think Frank Vogel would have groomed him for the playoffs.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
LOOK HOW CLOSE @Hoop Head was in the numbers for this poll!!! Right on! Also, none of us had them as a playin team which is 100% right! 26.7% of us were right about the 49-55 game win totals!!! :)

You must be registered for see images attach

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bet he dips before the playoffs to start recruiting

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Blessing in disguise. Dude is so overrated.
Gotta say, I also think Willie Green, who gets a TON of love here, really didn’t impress this year or last year. That team is LOADED with talent and they’re in the play-in? I get that they’ve had injuries but so have most teams in the West this year. Beal out 30, Jamal Murray out 20, KAT out 17, SGA out, etc etc.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they got bounced in the play-in, which would mean for all his hype, all Green would have to show for it is taking a mostly Booker-less Suns team to 6 in the first round and two more seasons out of the playoffs in three years as head coach.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It seems like with the pending departure of Kevin Young, we already know the Suns are going to make some significant changes in the off season.

I wonder if this will have a positive effect or negative effect on the team.

This may tell a story.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did like the Suns defense under Willie Green. It is hard to know what goes on behind the scene with another team.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two changes already before the playoffs. The extension of Grayson Allen and Kevin Young going to BYU.

The grass does not grow under Mat Ishbia's feat.

There may be more changes before the playoffs.

I'm hoping these changes fine tune the team before the playoffs.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard