Suns updates and discussion for the 2023-24 season

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's almost time for the 2023-24 season.

Suns Media Day is scheduled for 10 am on October 2nd, 2023.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Training camp will begin on October 3rd.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
On Facebook, the que is open for tickets to open practice on October 15

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lee could very well be a casualty now. Meniscus surgery could knock him out for 6-8 weeks. We need to shed a contract anyways so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being cut. He was already at the back end of the depth chart before the Ayton trade and adding extra wings just pushes him further back.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Lee could very well be a casualty now. Meniscus surgery could knock him out for 6-8 weeks. We need to shed a contract anyways so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up being cut. He was already at the back end of the depth chart before the Ayton trade and adding extra wings just pushes him further back.
You’re thinking injury settlement?

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think he'd be a mainstay rotation player on this team but he's basically the SG version of Yuta, only with more experience. I really doubt him missing a month or so at the start of the year would wipe him off the roster. I think they'd easily drop Keon or Ish before Lee, and even if another injury on the roster seemingly forced the issue, I expect Bol or Metu would be ahead on the chopping block.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don't think he'd be a mainstay rotation player on this team but he's basically the SG version of Yuta, only with more experience. I really doubt him missing a month or so at the start of the year would wipe him off the roster. I think they'd easily drop Keon or Ish before Lee, and even if another injury on the roster seemingly forced the issue, I expect Bol or Metu would be ahead on the chopping block.
He might be a little better than Keon, but I really don’t think we miss him. we have Gordon, Allen, and Yuta who should be better than he is at his role.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He might be a little better than Keon, but I really don’t think we miss him. we have Gordon, Allen, and Yuta who should be better than he is at his role.

I agree, I don't think he'd be ahead of Gordon, Allen and, probably, Yuta, but there are a few players after those guys on the depth chart whom it is harder to find a purpose for.

I can see Lee playing in an attempt to provide instant offense, get more shooters on the court. Meanwhile, outside of garbage time, injury or crazy foul trouble, I don't see Metu, Ish or Bol finding their way on the court very often. I expect one of those guys will get cut before Lee.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree, I don't think he'd be ahead of Gordon, Allen and, probably, Yuta, but there are a few players after those guys on the depth chart whom it is harder to find a purpose for.

I can see Lee playing in an attempt to provide instant offense, get more shooters on the court. Meanwhile, outside of garbage time, injury or crazy foul trouble, I don't see Metu, Ish or Bol finding their way on the court very often. I expect one of those guys will get cut before Lee.
I think I agree on Ish and Metu - actually need to see him play though.

I don't agree on Bol though. I think he is going to find his way into the rotation.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't think Vogel will trade a quick 3-6 points for Lee's defense. There's still the big 3, then as you said Gordon, Yuta and Allen. We just traded our #1 center, so Metu and Bol Bol will be used this season more than we planned before the trade.

But this makes me wonder if they were planning all these center moves because they decided they had already moved on from Ayton. I mean even after Metu and BolBol they picked up Azibuke too.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
They’re interesting. Don’t know if I love them or loathe them.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I agree on Ish and Metu - actually need to see him play though.

I don't agree on Bol though. I think he is going to find his way into the rotation.
I think I have to amend this statement after watching Bol in the first game.

His negatives seem to more than offset his positives if that was any indication of how he normally plays.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns will have open practice at the Footprint Center on Sunday.

This usually provides a great opportunity for fans to get close to the players and staff.

These type events greatly personalize the fan experience.