There’s still a possibility we draft Nabers

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Eh he was a marvelous college receiver though.

If it was just "his dad was great", then Brendan Rice would be getting more play.
thats the "Junior" effect. back in 2014 if Jerry Rice Junior had the college career Brenden has had he would have garnered the same level of hype that MHJ is getting now.. but JRJ just wasnt really a football player...his younger brother is.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chad Reuter has us trading out of the #4 overall pick with the Broncos and selected Nabers with the #12 overall pick all while picking up an extra 2024 3rd and a 2025 1st. I would be very happy with Nabers and an extra 1st and 3rd!

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Chad Reuter has us trading out of the #4 overall pick with the Broncos and selected Nabers with the #12 overall pick all while picking up an extra 2024 3rd and a 2025 1st. I would be very happy with Nabers and an extra 1st and 3rd!

Not a chance in heck that the Cards wouldn't insist on a second-round pick in 2024 in addition to 2025 first.

And I doubt Nabers would be available at 12.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Ah, the famous "haul." Methinks I need a new jersey :D

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
in that mock, MHJ is taken at #3.

IF that happened, i would have no issue with that tradedown and ending up with Nabers

and fwiw: if that happened -- the Cards end up with 4 3rd round picks -- and i would take two of them to get into the 2nd - there is a practical limit to how many rookies you have on a roster

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right? To move from 4 all the way down to 12?

If you look at the draft value chart the Cardinals still would come out on top with about an extra 3rd in this trade:

Cards #4 pick: 1800 points

Denver #12, #81, 2025 1st: 1200 + 185 + 590 = 1975 points

Just pointing out that this would be considered a fair deal and favor the Cardinals.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just for you I found one without the "Haul" to make you happy. Cardinals take Nabers at #4:

4. Arizona Cardinals: Malik Nabers, WR, LSU

As good as Harrison is, it’s tough to say Nabers is that far behind. The 6-foot, 200-pounder is a ball of explosion with second-level speed and a ton of burst in the open field. Nabers can do damage underneath, as a ball carrier or over the top. He can align as a Z, slot or even an X in the right situation.

Kyler Murray’s best days have come with a top-flight receiver on the roster. Nabers would qualify.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
i don't know which will be better -- but i believe MHJ gets a little scouting boost from his name with on-line draft ranking crowd

He is clearly a fantastic prospect -- i just think draft writers are human and influenced by stuff like that
Nabers also a full year younger too.

And let’s also not forget that Marvin Sr. did probably kill a guy once who owed him money. So if teams are enamored with Jr because of Sr’s on-field stuff they should also look at off-field.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
And let’s also not forget that Marvin Sr. did probably kill a guy once who owed him money.
Odd that was completely memory holed.
So if teams are enamored with Jr because of Sr’s on-field stuff they should also look at off-field.
That's an odd position. I haven't heard anything negative about Jr's character.

Stroud's dad pleaded guilty in 2015 to charges of carjacking, kidnapping, robbery, evading an officer with reckless driving and misdemeanor sexual battery. As a repeat offender, he was sentenced to 38 years in prison. I don't think anyone would put this sins of his dad on him.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Stroud's dad pleaded guilty in 2015 to charges of carjacking, kidnapping, robbery, evading an officer with reckless driving and misdemeanor sexual battery. As a repeat offender, he was sentenced to 38 years in prison. I don't think anyone would put this sins of his dad on him.
But, he is not a Cardinal. :rolleyes::p

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score

I agree but would guarantee the sins of the dad made teams look harder into the son.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

If you look at the draft value chart the Cardinals still would come out on top with about an extra 3rd in this trade:

Cards #4 pick: 1800 points

Denver #12, #81, 2025 1st: 1200 + 185 + 590 = 1975 points

Just pointing out that this would be considered a fair deal and favor the Cardinals.
I don’t think the nfl has used that chart in ages.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t think the nfl has used that chart in ages.

Most teams have their own draft value charts so yes there isn't "One" chart that everyone uses. However I believe the drafttek one is pretty solid and is based off a revised trade value model (Rich Hill's) developed more recently compared to the OG Dallas Cowboy Draft Value Chart.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
1. MHJ
2. trade down for a haul
3. Nabers

We really can’t screw this up.
If MHJ is off the board at 4, then there’s a 99.995 chance that MO trades down. I don’t see us drafting any other WR or OL at 4. And if someone does snatch up MHJ in the top 3, then that only means there‘s a top QB still on the board that will bring in a huge haul because there will be a handful of desperate teams vying for him. Especially, when you take into account that next year’s QB class looks very underwhelming. Don’t get me wrong, I really want MHJ, but a trade down is pretty enticing.

OP
OP
DVontel

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Trade-down ain’t that enticing to miss out on Nabers if MHJ is gone.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard