Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I really wish I knew what point in the game Luka is calling Booker a p to the y while walking away. He then smirks and nods his head a few times staring down Booker while continuing to now quickly walk away.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Luka walking away and mumbling curse words at Booker and then talking about toughness is hilarious.

Devin Booker has been known to talk some trash as well.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Devin Booker has been known to talk some trash as well.

Yeah that was a response to the fan talking smack. It wasn't to a player while your basically running away and then to the media talking about toughness after the game.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Yeah that was a response to the fan talking smack. It wasn't to a player while your basically running away and then to the media talking about toughness after the game.
The narrative you’re painting doesn’t hold water, Chris. Luka is backing towards the defensive end of the court after a turnover like he should be. He’s not “running away.” This is silliness on your part.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look Luka wants to chicken poop talk crap then don't play fake tough to the media after. That's my point.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The narrative you’re painting doesn’t hold water, Chris. Luka is backing towards the defensive end of the court after a turnover like he should be. He’s not “running away.” This is silliness on your part.

He is well away before he says anything to Booker, keeps backing up, smirks and nods his head...still backing up.

Again, he wants to be a long distance smack talker that's one thing. Talking about toughness to the media after the fact, that's the issue

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is, when a player talks trash to an opposing player directly it usually results in a technical or an ejection.

Last edited:

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The media loves to stir up interest and controversy.

I don't think an angry Luka is good for the Mavs. I think his tendency will be to try to take over the game himself and that is a losing proposition for them. I would not be surprised if this is a bit of on purpose by the Suns to rattle Luka and get him off the team game.

Wish I could predict tonight's game but I cannot. The Suns have been a good road team all year, it's kinda hard to believe that the Mavs could win 3 in a row at home against them, but who knows.

Refs for tonight, since "you know who" is not on the list, he is likely for game 7. That makes this a must-win.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
While he never got a ring, Reggie Miller is one of my all time favorite players. His trash talking is legendary. Part of the reason I love him as a commentator.
You must be registered for see images attach

Big Al

Veteran
Reaction score
I don't hate Luka because he's good. I LOVE to watch good players no matter what team.
I hate Luka because he's turning Basketball into Soccer with all the flopping. I don't even want to watch the games and I'm in the damn Arena.
It breaks up gameplay and makes the games boring AF!
Exactly Muggz. This game is not about a flopping show to get to the line and score. It's a competition of skilled players competiting at the highest level for a championship with skill, determination, guts and even trash talking although as a former high school coach I prefer to leave the trash talking out but that's just me. I knew a lot of my players liked it as part of their game but keep it civil I told them. CP3 asked Luka if he hit Luka that hard and Luka said no but it's smart basketball on his flop well I disagree with Doncic & he's a skilled enough player who really doesn't need flopping anyway but that's his decision. Play ball. Go Suns!!! Let's wrap it up tonight with a win! Looking like Warriors next round.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Getting Luka upset just plays into the Suns' hands. It baits him into playing hero ball, and the Suns win that scenario. He is not going to get mad and pass more. My. What hand wringing.
I love this!

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
While he never got a ring, Reggie Miller is one of my all time favorite players. His trash talking is legendary. Part of the reason I love him as a commentator.
You must be registered for see images attach
Except he's been pretty awful these playoffs.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
ESPN comes out today with a good story about the Suns pregame ritual. Below is an excerpt.

By Dave McMenamin ESPN Staff Writer:

"Hey, motherf---ers!" McGee shouts as he forces his way into the scrum, reciting his opening line with a delivery even Samuel L. Jackson would applaud.

If the Suns' pregame huddle is a circus, McGee is undeniably its ring leader and proud originator of the show.

The soliloquy that follows varies from game to game, but McGee always includes two statements: The Suns are "dogs" and "the best team in the world" -- well, the best team in the "motherf---ing world," to be precise.

"I was saying, 'We're the best team in the world,' when [our record was] 0-0. Before we even scored a point," McGee says. "I'm a big believer in speaking things into fruition."

Lorenzo

Reaction score
The problem is, when a player talks trash to an opposing player directly it usually results in a technical or an ejection.
Yes, and Luka already gets too many technicals. This is where we get in the realm of you either like a guy or you don’t. Some of the Dallas fans are probably saying the same things about booker and Paul and of corse in their eyes Luka has a force field around him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, and Luka already gets too many technicals. This is where we get in the realm of you either like a guy or you don’t. Some of the Dallas fans are probably saying the same things about booker and Paul and of corse in their eyes Luka has a force field around him.

Trash talking goes on all the time between the players and opposing benches. The problem is when it's face-to-face or in a stare down it can turn into taunting or something worse.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Again, he wants to be a long distance smack talker that's one thing. Talking about toughness to the media after the fact, that's the issue
I don’t see that at all. If anything he talks too much smack on the court and is pretty humble with the media. I can understand not liking his antics and his body language and that can spill over into other subjective arguments about how it makes him less of a player or less of a likeable guy. in reality he’s probably one of the toughest players in the league if you just judge his play day in and day out. And at the end of the day if you can’t play no one cares what you say on or off the court.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Trash talking goes on all the time between the players and opposing benches. The problem is when it's face-to-face or in a stare down it can turn into taunting or something worse.
Yeah, in the last 2 years the trash talking was a lot worse between luka and the clippers. There were a lot of face to face confrontations in those series. Way more than this one. In fact KP got ejected in one of the games because of a dust up with Luka and other players and it hurt the Mavericks. So far I haven’t heard of anything that bad in this series, but it seems to get more tense as it goes on.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don’t see that at all. If anything he talks too much smack on the court and is pretty humble with the media. I can understand not liking his antics and his body language and that can spill over into other subjective arguments about how it makes him less of a player or less of a likeable guy. in reality he’s probably one of the toughest players in the league if you just judge his play day in and day out. And at the end of the day if you can’t play no one cares what you say on or off the court.
Do you know what is being talked about here? It's about a comment he made to the media as he was walking by in the tunnel. I'm not sure how you don't see that unless you didn't realize that was what was being talked about.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, in the last 2 years the trash talking was a lot worse between luka and the clippers. There were a lot of face to face confrontations in those series. Way more than this one. In fact KP got ejected in one of the games because of a dust up with Luka and other players and it hurt the Mavericks. So far I haven’t heard of anything that bad in this series, but it seems to get more tense as it goes on.

What happened between the Suns and the Clippers in the playoffs last season, mostly involving Patrick Beverley, was way worse than trash talking.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are some comments from Luka after game 5.

AZ due I love BBQ

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Luka not running away from anything. Luka and jokic receive more hate from fans and players for obvious reasons

As far as trash talk, cp3, Crowder, Booker and Luka all talk a bunch and have zero titles

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson