Suns @ Mavericks Thursday Playoff game thread, R2, 5-12-2022 - Game 6

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Your indignation whenever anyone dares question Monty is weird when you also then blast guys like Book for what amounts to nothing or the way you’ve been trashing CP3.

And that’s not to say either Book or CP3 are beyond criticism. I just think it’s weird you’re so quick to bash there and so equally quick to condemn and even mock people for criticizing Monty.
I can see why you might be confused…. But as for me, I can see the difference between a coach who is THE GUY who has to lead and make decisions, versus a player who has the choice to act like a wuss like Luka, or not.
There is a difference…. And my fingers are now way too tired from typing on my phone…
Go Suns! Go Monty, Book and CP3!!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I'm glad Booker did what he did. It adds more drama and makes the games more exciting. these guys can't fight each other like in hockey, so I don't mind the trash talk. all of the old timers did it. I remember MJ in the last dance said a real man talks trash when it is 0-0 or even when he is behind, it's easy to talk when you winning. I do find it funny that guys flop and make fun of each other for flopping.

I still think the suns win in 6, that was my original prediction, I hope I'm wrong though. Maybe we will get a close finish in game 6 for the first time this series. all of the games have been over midway through the fourth or before then.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I'm glad Booker did what he did. It adds more drama and makes the games more exciting. these guys can't fight each other like in hockey, so I don't mind the trash talk. all of the old timers did it. I remember MJ in the last dance said a real man talks trash when it is 0-0 or even when he is behind, it's easy to talk when you winning. I do find it funny that guys flop and make fun of each other for flopping.

I still think the suns win in 6, that was my original prediction, I hope I'm wrong though. Maybe we will get a close finish in game 6 for the first time this series. all of the games have been over midway through the fourth or before then.
To put a finer point on my comments about Book…
I’d feel better about this if he actually trash-talked directly to Luka. My view has always been that if you want to talk trash, talk trash! To the player who you have some ish with! But don’t be a Luka and cry to the crowd, attempting to talk trash about some other player. That’s weak sauce. It makes Book look bad.
I look at guys like Jordan and Bird. Anytime they talked trash - which they are known as two of the top trash-talkers ever, they did it to a player’s face.
Book lowered himself down to the wussy Luka level…. it’s a very bad look that gives some serious locker room material to the Mavs. Weak man…

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is getting a lot of play this morning, Luca being mocked by Booker after the hard foul

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

For the record, it was not Luka who took Booker out on this play.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I’d feel better about this if he actually trash-talked directly to Luka. My view has always been that if you want to talk trash, talk trash! To the player who you have some ish with! But don’t be a Luka and cry to the crowd, attempting to talk trash about some other player. That’s weak sauce. It makes Book look bad.
I look at guys like Jordan and Bird. Anytime they talked trash - which they are known as two of the top trash-talkers ever, they did it to a player’s face.
Book lowered himself down to the wussy Luka level…. it’s a very bad look that gives some serious locker room material to the Mavs. Weak man…
Is it weak because its weak or is it weak because it gives "locker room material"? Is trash talk in someone's face off-limits for locker room discussions?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Is it weak because its weak or is it weak because it gives "locker room material"? Is trash talk in someone's face off-limits for locker room discussions?
Had Book talked trash to Luka, instead of to the fans, I’m sure it still would’ve been locker room material. The weakness would’ve been eliminated though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Booker and Luka don't like each other. The trash talk is nothing new.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My gosh all this whining about the "Luka Special". Listen, if you need locker material to win a series you are not going to win a title. These guys trash talk all the time. If anything, the fans now have something to harass Luka with all game long. If this goes to Game 7 I will be SHOUTING...LUKA SPECIAL...LUKA SPECIAL the entire game. In fact, I am going to shout it every Mavs game from here on out as long as that dude is playing. What is Luka going to do? Keep playing like a super star?

I have a feeling for some reason that Book is going to go off BIG in this next game. It's funny but I have been lurking on the Mavs board. They are just as worried about Booker going off as some about Luka. They should worry about setting Booker off!!!!

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
My gosh all this whining about the "Luka Special". Listen, if you need locker material to win a series you are not going to win a title. These guys trash talk all the time. If anything, the fans now have something to harass Luka with all game long. If this goes to Game 7 I will be SHOUTING...LUKA SPECIAL...LUKA SPECIAL the entire game. In fact, I am going to shout it every Mavs game from here on out as long as that dude is playing. What is Luka going to do? Keep playing like a super star?

I have a feeling for some reason that Book is going to go off BIG in this next game. It's funny but I have been lurking on the Mavs board. They are just as worried about Booker going off as some about Luka. They should worry about setting Booker off!!!!
After the game, Luka was whining walking in the tunnel that we were "acting tough".

It's all part of the game. If they want to use Luka Special as BB material, fine. I seriously doubt Book gives two craps about it. Just like we can use Luka's antics AND his whining after the game for BB material if we want. I suspect the Suns don't need that.

BBNick takes care of all that just fine.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
That’s not how it works. Michael Jordan was the most competitive athlete in NBA history and still found extra motivation from perceived slights. I’m not a fan of some of the antics but don’t care too much in this instance because it shouldn’t matter vs an inferior talented team like Dallas. When we’re playing a team with championship pedigree like Golden St or Milwaukee I hope there’s less Internet worthy nonsense.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't hate Luka because he's good. I LOVE to watch good players no matter what team.
I hate Luka because he's turning Basketball into Soccer with all the flopping. I don't even want to watch the games and I'm in the damn Arena.
It breaks up gameplay and makes the games boring AF!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not how it works. Michael Jordan was the most competitive athlete in NBA history and still found extra motivation from perceived slights. I’m not a fan of some of the antics but don’t care too much in this instance because it shouldn’t matter vs an inferior talented team like Dallas. When we’re playing a team with championship pedigree like Golden St or Milwaukee I hope there’s less Internet worthy nonsense.
That's not how it works either. It might motivate a player like Jordan to make a play here or there but Jordan was bringing it anyway. Like I said, if you need BB material to show up in a series...you are not winning a title. The in game taunts and antics (hard fouls) will motivate a player more than something someone outside a game or the game before.

AZ due I love BBQ

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

You'd be a blast to be around. Not!!!
The one person chants crack me up.

One night one dude kept chanting Loyal Booker Loyal Booker while he had rib sauce on his arm and face

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Oh cmon he plays to the fans, remember when he dap'd up the infant

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I don't hate Luka because he's good. I LOVE to watch good players no matter what team.
I hate Luka because he's turning Basketball into Soccer with all the flopping. I don't even want to watch the games and I'm in the damn Arena.
It breaks up gameplay and makes the games boring AF!
Eh, Luka's far from the poster child on flopping. Hell, there's two players on Phoenix that are arguably bigger floppers.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson