Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pre game thread. 2020

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Going into Seattle on a short week is a huge hurdle to get over.

Can this teams character emerge and we get the win?
It is a relatively short flight, no fans at the game and we have played well up there. It is a short week for them too. I say we win again.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
lol at “character” narratives

we are three point dogs. it will likely come down to last possession and a couple plays

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
This IS a must win game. Right now the Cardinals are a novelty... young team... fancy new offense.... been historically terrible.... college coach.... yada yada bing bang.
Sweeping Russell Wilson and the Hags legitimizes this team as a serious playoff contender... this is the first step in getting anywhere or doing anything.
The next step is beating Sean McVay... Kliff needs to get that monkey off his back. We don’t have to sweep the lambs but we have to beat them once this season. If Kliff wants to be an nfl coach it has to happen... if Kyler wants to be MVP and get the next Madden cover it has to happen.

we passed the biggest hurdle already when we finally beat the hags at home.....

time to take the next step

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Would much rather take one of the two Rams games than this one.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This IS a must win game. Right now the Cardinals are a novelty... young team... fancy new offense.... been historically terrible.... college coach.... yada yada bing bang.
Sweeping Russell Wilson and the Hags legitimizes this team as a serious playoff contender... this is the first step in getting anywhere or doing anything.
The next step is beating Sean McVay... Kliff needs to get that monkey off his back. We don’t have to sweep the lambs but we have to beat them once this season. If Kliff wants to be an nfl coach it has to happen... if Kyler wants to be MVP and get the next Madden cover it has to happen.

we passed the biggest hurdle already when we finally beat the hags at home.....

time to take the next step
Yep.

If the Murray MVP hype is real he beats and outplays Russell Wilson in primetime again.

As DHOP would say, do you wanna be good or do you wanna be great?

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This is not a must win game. That is BS. There are many games left to be won/lost by us and our opponents. This is not the last game of the year. Things change weekly, just like my bed sheets.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Seahawks fans seem to think Wilson has been playing through a concussion the last few weeks.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
NFL Playoff Picture: AFC & NFC standings after Week 10

NFC

1. Packers (7-2) Owns head-to-head tiebreaker for NFC No. 1 seed over Saints.

2. Saints (7-2) Half game lead in the NFC South.

3. Cardinals (6-3) Owns NFC West tiebreaker over Seahawks based on head-to-head and over Rams based on division record.

4. Eagles (3-5-1) Leading the NFC East.

5. Buccaneers (7-3) Half a game behind in the NFC South.

6. Rams (6-3) Owns tiebreaker over Seahawks based on head-to-head.

7. Seahawks (6-3) 1.5 games ahead in the wild card.

8. Bears (5-5) Two games behind in the NFC North.

9. Vikings (4-5) 2.5 games behind in the NFC North.

10. Lions (4-5) 2.5 games behind in the NFC North.

11. 49ers (4-6) 2.5 games behind in the wild card.

12. Falcons (3-6) Three games behind in the wild card.

13. Giants (3-7) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

14. Panthers (3-7) 3.5 games behind in the wild card.

15. Washington (2-7) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

16. Cowboys (2-7) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Seahawks fans seem to think Wilson has been playing through a concussion the last few weeks.

uh, pin point passes I still see from RW. It's likely he is just wearing down as he has played at a high level dragging his team with him.

Gotta be tiring for the elder statesman...

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It happening again....I am starting to set myself up for disappointment by thinking about winning the division, home playoff games (possibly with fans) etc.

I need to take a step back and remind myself this was a 5 win team last year. The goal this year was always "compete for the playoffs" which we are doing.

I don't think we are good enough to close out the season red hot and win the division, but I do think we can be a wildcard team.

AZman, you got me to a tee with this summation.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The thing that worries me is the Seahawks are like a wounded animal. They are well versed in big games. Thinking of them losing 3 straight is kind of weird. For a mindset This is a must game for them.

We may have to play our best game of the year. Limit the penalties and no turnovers is a must. I think they will try to control the time of possession by running the ball.

Win and we move up the totem pole. Lose and we’ll be back “ in the mix”. This is a great opportunity to put our stamp in the NFC.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think we lose if Carson plays.

Very curious to see
(1) if we try to establish the run early
(2) if we blitz Russ early

I think Kliff will call a designed Kyler run in the first set of downs. Maybe out of an empty set.

I do not think Vance will come after Russell early. I think he wants to keep that card in his back pocket for higher leverage situations later in the game, like he did so masterfully in the first meeting. I think Vance realizes that Seattle had to make some incredible plays in the passing game to move the ball in the first meeting and their offense has regressed in recent weeks. I think he sits in a soft zone, especially if Carson is out, and forces Russ to make window throw after window throw.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
NFL Playoff Picture: AFC & NFC standings after Week 10

NFC

1. Packers (7-2) Owns head-to-head tiebreaker for NFC No. 1 seed over Saints.

2. Saints (7-2) Half game lead in the NFC South.

3. Cardinals (6-3) Owns NFC West tiebreaker over Seahawks based on head-to-head and over Rams based on division record.

4. Eagles (3-5-1) Leading the NFC East.

5. Buccaneers (7-3) Half a game behind in the NFC South.

6. Rams (6-3) Owns tiebreaker over Seahawks based on head-to-head.

7. Seahawks (6-3) 1.5 games ahead in the wild card.

8. Bears (5-5) Two games behind in the NFC North.

9. Vikings (4-5) 2.5 games behind in the NFC North.

10. Lions (4-5) 2.5 games behind in the NFC North.

11. 49ers (4-6) 2.5 games behind in the wild card.

12. Falcons (3-6) Three games behind in the wild card.

13. Giants (3-7) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

14. Panthers (3-7) 3.5 games behind in the wild card.

15. Washington (2-7) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

16. Cowboys (2-7) Still not out of it in the NFC East.

I’m ready to call this race after week 10. The current 7 teams in the playoffs are the 7 teams that will be in the playoffs in January.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What scares me the most about this gaming is the likely onslaught of injuries that will be coming. A short week, in prime time, against a divisional opponent, for control of the division. Add all of that up and I smell trouble. Let’s hope the injury bug bites them more than us.

:stick::stick::stick::stick::stick::stick::stick:

c'mon man! :stick::stick::stick::stick::stick::stick:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm not sure I want to win the division if coming 2nd means we play the winner of the NFC East. That's basically a bye. And from there anything can happen.

AT the moment we would play the Bucs I think? So while I want to win the division I'd rather get the NFC East winner.

I expect the old Seahawks on Sunday. Lots of running the ball, draw defenders in, hit us with the deep ball. Maybe a whole 3rd less passing for Wilson.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson