Arizona Cardinals @ Seattle Seahawks Pre game thread. 2020

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Got to beat the Chicks while they are down.

The Pats are finding some form and I really think the Ram's are a bad matchup for us.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rams’ offense isn’t anything special this year.

Not if you can get to Goff, which should be easier with Whitworth out. Their D is really good though. Which is why I don't like the matchup.

I think their D matches our O, but their O is better than our D based on current form.

Plus getting stomped for several years in a row doesn't help.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is great being 1st place. But, part of me wanting the Seahags to win. I believe we match up better against the Seahags versu the Rams.

But for today, I will enjoy being 1st!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
trend that needs to be addressed in three games:

Detroit
Miami
Buffalo

in all three, the team rallies in the 3rd quarter -- and takes a lead going into the 4th quarter
in all three, the defense stops the other team 2 times and give the ball back to the offense.
In all three, the offense -- which looked so good in the 3rd quarter -- cant get the final score / run the clock out to secure the game.

the last two on offense were maddening: against Miami, the running game was so/so --but Murray was throwing the ball at will. So a run heavy plan gets executed

against Buffalo, KD is averaging 6+ yards per carry, and he doesnt touch the ball in the next to last possession.

Kliff has to stop overthinking these things

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
trend that needs to be addressed in three games:

Detroit
Miami
Buffalo

in all three, the team rallies in the 3rd quarter -- and takes a lead going into the 4th quarter
in all three, the defense stops the other team 2 times and give the ball back to the offense.
In all three, the offense -- which looked so good in the 3rd quarter -- cant get the final score / run the clock out to secure the game.

the last two on offense were maddening: against Miami, the running game was so/so --but Murray was throwing the ball at will. So a run heavy plan gets executed

against Buffalo, KD is averaging 6+ yards per carry, and he doesnt touch the ball in the next to last possession.

Kliff has to stop overthinking these things
[emoji817] he zigs when he needs to zag.

And again, KM already told him to trust the QB....he needs to do that. If he isn't giving KM 3 plays in the huddle (2 rubs and 1 pass) the way BA did with Palmer, he needs to start. It's either that, or he doesn't think KM can truly read an NFL defense yet, which is another issue.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
It happening again....I am starting to set myself up for disappointment by thinking about winning the division, home playoff games (possibly with fans) etc.

I need to take a step back and remind myself this was a 5 win team last year. The goal this year was always "compete for the playoffs" which we are doing.

I don't think we are good enough to close out the season red hot and win the division, but I do think we can be a wildcard team.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Big test of character.

Gotta be in the driver's seat as NFC contenders if they can pull out the dub on Thursday.

Packers, ok

Bucs, eh

Saints, Gotta see what Jameis post-lasic looks like.

Rams, eh Goff

But the Cardinals are hungry right now.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Big test of character.

Gotta be in the driver's seat as NFC contenders if they can pull out the dub on Thursday.

Packers, ok

Bucs, eh

Saints, Gotta see what Jameis post-lasic looks like.

Rams, eh Goff

But the Cardinals are hungry right now.

The advantage we have is that we play at such a great pace that we wear teams down.

Our issue is that we start slow offensively and our 4th Qrt play calling/execution is rough to start 4th Qrts.

With our conditioning we should give this Seahawks team major problems. We just gotta be ready to roll. Kyler's gotta be accurate/in rhythm to start and Kliff's gotta be dialed in.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It happening again....I am starting to set myself up for disappointment by thinking about winning the division, home playoff games (possibly with fans) etc.

I need to take a step back and remind myself this was a 5 win team last year. The goal this year was always "compete for the playoffs" which we are doing.

I don't think we are good enough to close out the season red hot and win the division, but I do think we can be a wildcard team.

Could be a magical year. I totally believe.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
What scares me the most about this gaming is the likely onslaught of injuries that will be coming. A short week, in prime time, against a divisional opponent, for control of the division. Add all of that up and I smell trouble. Let’s hope the injury bug bites them more than us.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson