Luck

Skumbag

Registered
Reaction score
What is it about Luck that has everyone so enamored with this kid? I look at the stats and I see two other QBs that have comparable/better statistics.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
instead of just looking at stat, watch the games. The kid plays the position better than any college QB i've ever seen. Sees the entire field, changes plays at the line of scrimmage, plays in a pro-style offense without gimmicks like the Spread, is athletic, has single-handedly turned Stanford into a national title contender.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
What is it about Luck that has everyone so enamored with this kid? I look at the stats and I see two other QBs that have comparable/better statistics.

Good thing Brady had incredible stats in college too.... oh, wait. :D

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, I wish the Cardinals had sucked enough to draft Andre Ware.

chickenhead

Reaction score
The fact that there is such a consensus is very telling. Doesn't mean he can't miss because it happens. Leinart would have been the consensus #1 after his junior year, for example. But this seems different even w/o hindsight.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Stats in college football are misleading for the Pro's because of the mushrooming spread offfenses.

If you watched Luck play any at all you might not think he's the next comming but you'd totally get the hype, he just looks like a real NFL QB out there.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like watching LeBron James in high school. You KNEW that even though he was playing as a man against boys, that he would be a man against men too in the NBA.

Exact same scenario here.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Stop being ignorant .... Luck is the best QB talent the league has seen coming out of college since Peyton.

and the Colts are going to get him.....smart move to blow the year off for 14 good years.

Colts know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Watch the tape....the one game they were in it...the 4th quarter the play calling made no sense....unless you are TRYING to lose.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
instead of just looking at stat, watch the games. The kid plays the position better than any college QB i've ever seen. Sees the entire field, changes plays at the line of scrimmage, plays in a pro-style offense without gimmicks like the Spread, is athletic, has single-handedly turned Stanford into a national title contender.

I was going to say pretty much exactly this. Plus (and I'll admit I haven't watched much of Stanford this year, but planning to watch against UW this weekend), I've read he doesn't have any legit WRs this year that he's throwing to (though he does have some TE weapons), and he still looks like a men amoungst boys out there.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Obviously you've never seen him play. As polished a QB thats come out since Peyton...I haven't heard a single person who's in the NFL say this kid has any weakness. Just watch him play.

If this kid fails on the field in his performance in the NFL, I'll be completely shocked.

Last edited:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
Stop being ignorant .... Luck is the best QB talent the league has seen coming out of college since Peyton.

and the Colts are going to get him.....smart move to blow the year off for 14 good years.

Colts know EXACTLY what they are doing.

Watch the tape....the one game they were in it...the 4th quarter the play calling made no sense....unless you are TRYING to lose.

They have a lot of competition this year for him. But that's some serious allegation.

It would be impossible to prove it.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
He is the best that I have seen in college since Peyton and you could argue that he has done more with less.

I hope that some team that can't take a QB (Rams/Panthers) have the worst record and we see a trading scramble for Luck.

10 teams that wouldn't draft Luck.

Panthers
Rams
Chargers
Steelers
Ravens
Falcons
Buccaneers
Eagles
Lions
Packers

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Just for comparison's sake, why is Luck so much better than say, Matt Barkley? They have pretty much the same numbers this year and USC doesn't have the running game that Stanford has.

Who has Stanford played?

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
Just for comparison's sake, why is Luck so much better than say, Matt Barkley? They have pretty much the same numbers this year and USC doesn't have the running game that Stanford has.

Who has Stanford played?
Luck is one of the few QB's in college that calls his own plays, even NFL QB's don't control their offense as much as Luck does. He's a very cerebral player, and makes very few mistakes. He has ridiculous accuracy, great touch on the ball, and a rocket arm when needed. Barkley is a 1st round QB, no question, but his decision making is questionable, and he doesn't show the leadership skills that Luck does. Stats don't even give you a glimpse of how good Luck is, you have to watch him, and see how he controls his offense better than any QB, other than Peyton Manning.

Mrh182

Jai Guru Deva OM
Reaction score
Curious for an opinion.. Let's play the pretend game that the cardinals ended upon a position where luck was available for them in the draft...

Do you draft him despite kolbs contract/signing?

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Curious for an opinion.. Let's play the pretend game that the cardinals ended upon a position where luck was available for them in the draft...

Without thinking about it...You run that draft card up as soon as the commissioner puts the team on the clock.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Without thinking about it...You run that draft card up as soon as the commissioner puts the team on the clock.

Absolutely. I think I read that Kolbs contract was written that the Cards could let him go after 2 seasons without taking a huge hit (Joe would probably know for sure).

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Absolutely! It's hard to imagine that Luck will be better than Peyton, but he's better than Peyton was at this juncture in time. I've made a point of watching him every chance I get. He's the real deal & his game will convert easily to the NFL. Whoever drafts him will be in the playoffs by year 2 & will have 10-15 phenomenal seasons ahead of them.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The way that's worded I'd definitely say yes. If the only thing keeping us tied to Kolb is his contract you absolutely have to draft Luck if you have the chance. However, IF Kolb steps up his game and shows that he will be at least an above average QB then I'd pursue deals and if a blockbuster offer came along, I'd take it.

I think Luck will be somewhere between very good and great but it might be our best chance to fill the half dozen other holes that led us to the first pick. I don't think we have much of a chance to draft Luck and I'm not all that confident that Kolb can prove effective so it's all moot AFAIC.

Steve

LarryStalling

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
He is the best that I have seen in college since Peyton and you could argue that he has done more with less.

I hope that some team that can't take a QB (Rams/Panthers) have the worst record and we see a trading scramble for Luck.

10 teams that wouldn't draft Luck.

Panthers
Rams
Chargers
Steelers
Ravens
Falcons
Buccaneers
Eagles
Lions
Packers

I have followed the Cardinals for 50 years and I feel safe in saying that the Cardinals can be added to that list since they have a HUGE investment in Kolb.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I have followed the Cardinals for 50 years and I feel safe in saying that the Cardinals can be added to that list since they have a HUGE investment in Kolb.

Would we have the time and money to be like the Colts and take Luck and have him watch and learn for a couple of years?

With our Luck though if we drafted Andrew he'd either mess up his hip, refuse to sign with the Cards and eventually sign with the Jets, or quit football and join the Rodeo.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson