Week 9 of the Arizona Cardinals off season. 3/04/24-3/10/24

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Yeah. Kirk hit the market when his star was on the rise. Just had a career high for receptions, yards, catch %, and settled into a role as a very good slot guy.

Hollywood will hit the market after the worst season in his career in yardage and catch rate, second-worst in receptions and TDs. He hasn't played in more than 14 games since he was a Raven.

I still think he'll get a multi-year deal from someone with more than $20 million in guarantees.

Even the Cards social folks hate the all-reds. Sad!
I liked the all-reds more in the beginning. I even shelled out some coin for a #1.

Now I wish I'd gone with the all-whites.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
People who think that Mike Evans got overpaid are going to be flabbergasted by what Hollywood Brown gets on the open market. Two years, $52 million is about right for such a sure thing as Evans is.
yep

the thing about the suprise $12mm or so added to this years cap -- i think teams beleive that the cap will grow in excess of what is projected for 2025 and beyond

so its not just this years cap that will get spent --- its even larger caps in the out years that will drive spending this year

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If his (Penix) knee checks out, he’s a likely first-round pick — offering another cheaper option than trying to deal for Fields.

It’s the same with Nix. His arm may lack the pop of the elite draft prospects but his accuracy Saturday showed that his FBS-record 77.45 percent completion percentage last season wasn't merely the product of the Oregon offensive system. His footwork was also vastly improved and no one is questioning his football acumen or leadership.

If he can keep it up throughout the draft process, it is not out of the question that six quarterbacks are taken in the first round — or twice as many as some big boards predicted just a few weeks ago.

All of this has big implications on the #27 pick. You are just pushing guys down the board

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember just 2.5 months ago DCR was saying he felt the bears could get 2 1sts for him.
I did. That was before Jayden Daniels and maybe now McCarthy were considered possibly top 5 picks, therefore bringing down his value.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fatukasi was a guy I liked for us to sign. Jags gave him $10m per and he's sucked the last 2 years. Never played more than 46% of snaps, bad stats and bad grades. FA is no sure thing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Fatukasi was a guy I liked for us to sign. Jags gave him $10m per and he's sucked the last 2 years. Never played more than 46% of snaps, bad stats and bad grades. FA is no sure thing.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
This is the kind of guy I expect Monti to sign as a FA. IDL who will make between $4 million and $6 million a year, $10 million guaranteed, play 40-50% of the snaps. The Jags run defense was top 10 last year.

Released the guy on his birthday. Class acts out there in DUUUUVAAAALLL

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sign Evans? We have a ton of picks in a deep wr draft - paying for an old overpriced one is just dumb.
Gotta be able to nail it though.

In a very good 2019 draft for WRs Cards went 0-3. When guys like AJ Brown, Deebo, McLaurin, Dionate Johnson, DK, etc were to be had.

Missing so bad in 2019 forced Keim to have to trade for DHOP. And in doing that he felt so tied to giving guys like Andy another shot he passed up on WR in 2020 draft.

Thank goodness Keim is gone though.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Sign Evans? We have a ton of picks in a deep wr draft - paying for an old overpriced one is just dumb.
No, it is smart to add top end NFL talent. It would not have been a cap issue this year or next year. It doesn't prevent the Cardinals from drafting a WR at 4. You are acting like a WR room of Evans, MHJ, Wilson, Dortch, Moore and a mid round draft pick would have been bad.

Your mindset is the definition of institutionalism.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Christian Wilkins is going to get $23-25m a year.

Would you all be happy with paying him that?

(I would)
Not over the moon. At this point the Cardinals are probably better off spending 10 million each on 3 defensive players than making a big splash on one. But if they pull it off I'll be surprised and hopeful they know more than I do.