Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

Devilmaycare

Chief Brah Officer
Reaction score
Any chance that SOS tie breaker changes enough next week to move us up? We could just as easily be number 2.
Wash .515
NE .518
ARI .562
NYG .509
LAC .526
TEN .529

There's no chance. The Cards and Bengals (.583) are way ahead of everyone else. The #3 highest SOS is PITT at .542.

The Texans (.478) pick can improve a bit though with a loss and wins by the Broncos or Bengals. They're currently at 17 and would move up a spot for each of those wins if they lose.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Just curious, did Monti hire new scouts? I know he kept the old staff because of timing last year. I am interested in what changes have been made.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keon Coleman is a WR to watch if we go another route with our top pick. So many good options at WR
He is very good and this is a good draft for WRs. Getting a book end OT like Alt or Fashanu along with one of these top WRs can really set up the Cards for many years. Sure Harrison would be a great add but nothing wrong with a 10 year starting LT for our OL.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I say win and let the chips fall where they may. Losing out on Big Ben to get Fitz turned out to be ok.

Don’t get me wrong, I def want MHJ but there is a real possibility he stays one more year with $20 million being rumored to what he’ll get for staying.

He didn’t even play in the bowl game. There is no chance at all he’s staying in college.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Who was his QB this year?
Did you see Daniels as a QB before he played with Nabers?

In the three years he’s been there, Harrison has played with 2 first round QBs , 3 first round WRs and a first round offensive lineman.

Nabers hasn’t had the same benefit and has produced pretty similar numbers in a tougher conference.

MHJ is WR1 for sure right now, but not as far ahead of Nabers as most people think.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well, we'll be in a tough spot. I don't think either Nabers or Odunze (sp?) will be there for our 2nd pick, and I don't think we take them with our 1st pick. We're kinda in limbo now
Agreed! That’s why I’m good with winning next week and knocking Seattle out of the playoffs. We would probably end up 6/7 and that seams like the right spot for Nabers and potentially Bowers(mainly because the current staff looks like they use a lot of multiple TE sets).

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Saw this on Twitter, love it.

No matter what happens (MHJ or not), the #AZCardinals still have:
2x first-round picks
1x second-round pick
3x third-round picks
Lots of cap space
Cards are only going to get better whether people believe it or not. AZ defeated the Eagles! This is exciting!
Love it! If they end up settling for the best LT in the draft then letting Hump go allows us to spend more in FA. I don’t like the idea of letting Hump go though, he’s been good mostly and he’s been a good soldier per se.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Might get a look at Nabers tomorrow in bowl game

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Agreed! That’s why I’m good with winning next week and knocking Seattle out of the playoffs. We would probably end up 6/7 and that seams like the right spot for Nabers and potentially Bowers(mainly because the current staff looks like they use a lot of multiple TE sets).

I know it's early but I actually kind of like Elijah Higgins? I know he's a remade WR and he's small for a TE but since that one drop earlier in the year he seems to catch everything thrown to him and he's a bit of a matchup problem.

I like Bowers but think we have bigger needs.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm sorry, this was a trash win, and a punch in the gut.

I understand the positivity, that's the point of being a fan. But I haven't even been all that interested in participating on the board because this season has been so miserably depressing. The only silver lining was getting a worthwhile pick, whether that was replacing Kyler or getting him an amazing counterpart on the field.

Sure, Nabers or whoever might be good. But instead of a sure thing, or even an amazing trade down, we now get to suffer through this garbage season for kinda whatever. It's more likely we end up with a short WR or a right tackle now.

It's one thing to get a bottom pick when the season begins with hope, and injury ravages your squad. It's another when it was shoved down our throat that we weren't even going to compete this year. I've never been this apathetic about our team in my entire life.

I can't be mad at the coaching staff for wanting to win against their old team, but man, this is just flatly depressing.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I know it's early but I actually kind of like Elijah Higgins? I know he's a remade WR and he's small for a TE but since that one drop earlier in the year he seems to catch everything thrown to him and he's a bit of a matchup problem.

I like Bowers but think we have bigger needs.
Great point! I like Higgins as well.

This offseason is going to be very interesting! So many different ways this team can go at so many positions.

OP
OP
Shane

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I understand the positivity, that's the point of being a fan. But I haven't even been all that interested in participating on the board because this season has been so miserably depressing. The only silver lining was getting a worthwhile pick, whether that was replacing Kyler or getting him an amazing counterpart on the field.

Sure, Nabers or whoever might be good. But instead of a sure thing, or even an amazing trade down, we now get to suffer through this garbage season for kinda whatever. It's more likely we end up with a short WR or a right tackle now.

It's one thing to get a bottom pick when the season begins with hope, and injury ravages your squad. It's another when it was shoved down our throat that we weren't even going to compete this year. I've never been this apathetic about our team in my entire life.

I can't be mad at the coaching staff for wanting to win against their old team, but man, this is just flatly depressing.
Slow deep breaths… wooosahhh woosahhhh

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

MHJ isn't more sure than anyone else.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Saw this on Twitter, love it.

No matter what happens (MHJ or not), the #AZCardinals still have:
2x first-round picks
1x second-round pick
3x third-round picks
Lots of cap space
Cards are only going to get better whether people believe it or not. AZ defeated the Eagles! This is exciting!
In addition I saw this comment by a Cowboys fan, classy!

I'm in the minority, I know, but as an NFC East fan of the Dallas Cowboys, I miss having the "Phoenix" Cardinals in the division. They were always a worthy opponent . . . and they still are, having beaten Dallas--badly--earlier in the season--and now, Philadelphia. As a Cowboys' fan, I humbly thank you, Arizona.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Interesting there are 8 teams in the power rankings listed worse than the Cardinals but yet we have the fourth pick in the draft. We should thankful…

On the other hand it doesn’t appear the Seachicks will have much to play for in this weeks game.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sure, Nabers or whoever might be good. But instead of a sure thing
Not a single prospect is a “sure thing” coming into the league. Trevor Lawrence was supposed to be the next great QB since Luck & he’s been……solid, but not close to his hype.

Would have thought this board would have learned by now after believing the same thing about Isaiah Simmons.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Did you see Daniels as a QB before he played with Nabers?

In the three years he’s been there, Harrison has played with 2 first round QBs , 3 first round WRs and a first round offensive lineman.

Nabers hasn’t had the same benefit and has produced pretty similar numbers in a tougher conference.

MHJ is WR1 for sure right now, but not as far ahead of Nabers as most people think.
Harrison never played with Fields. Just Stroud and McCord. But you're right he played with very talented players, and you know what, Harrison is better than all of them.
And, yes, he's far better than Nabers. I'm not even arguing that point anymore.

I'm just disappointed that the Cards, who have, BY FAR, the worst WR room in the league could have added the best player at that position and transformed it into a strength. You never know, strange things happen in the draft.
Now the Bears are sitting in the catbird seat. They're going to trade down to 2 or 3, load up on draft capital and still get Harrison.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison