Suns had a COVID Outbreak in the Playoffs

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Comments like this just upset people. Please stop with the hyperbole.

point taken. and fair.

but please be consistent. nothing was said about upsetting people with the hyperbole of a poster calling the Suns "trash human beings" who "chocked like dogs" yesterday.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you totally changed the meaning by conjoining two separate sentences and wrapped them in one quote

and, yes, i do blame the league
Well it was the same sentence and you did say "outrage from fair-weather fans" while posting here. Question still stands.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the league made out well
they locked in their maximum profits and, despite the major hole in their protocol,
will have gotten through the playoffs, avoiding disaster for the most part,
with only the Suns taking the worst hit and most blame

Last edited:

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Well it was the same sentence and you did say "outrage from fair-weather fans" while posting here. Question still stands.

i did see posts from fans i've never seen or have rarely have seen, who showed up for the playoffs, and they didn't miss an opportunity to rave or rip the Suns depending on the score of the day

indeed, the outrage from some vets is likely a different package of emotions

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i did see posts from fans i've never seen or have rarely have seen, who showed up for the playoffs, and they didn't miss an opportunity to rave or rip the Suns depending on the score of the day

indeed, the outrage from some vets is likely a different package of emotions
I have been here forever. I have rarely seen a stranger show up as a Suns fans to say they rarely if ever see the playoffs then show up just to rip the suns as the "score of the day". I mean, I can probably count on one hand. Seems weird to address those people when the overwhelming majority here are dedicated Suns fans.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
All these guys are vaccinated, though, right? That’s what I don’t get, breakthrough infections are supposed to be milder I thought.

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
COVID is super odd. 2 days ago I felt great and today I feel dead. Really really odd.
My daughter had no symptoms and felt fine.

My son lost his sense of smell but felt fine.

It hit my wife like a sinus infection with a mild fever.

I had what felt like an awful case of the flu and ended up getting monoclonal antibodies at work. But even before treatment I felt good enough to work from home until around 4pm. After that my fever would spike and I’d get chills. Just a weird ass bug all around.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
All these guys are vaccinated, though, right? That’s what I don’t get, breakthrough infections are supposed to be milder I thought.
They are typically, but that doesn’t mean nonexistent. We are talking about peak of the athletic pyramid professional sports. So even mild impacts on respiratory systems or the lethargy associated with Covid could have a pretty big impact on a team. Any bit of physical impact can be the difference in sports.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My daughter had no symptoms and felt fine.

My son lost his sense of smell but felt fine.

It hit my wife like a sinus infection with a mild fever.

I had what felt like an awful case of the flu and ended up getting monoclonal antibodies at work. But even before treatment I felt good enough to work from home until around 4pm. After that my fever would spike and I’d get chills. Just a weird ass bug all around.

For five days I would get fevers at almost the same time everyday. 4pm and 9pm. Then the diarrhea was the worst part for 6 weeks. But the sickness was for about7 solid days for me.
Wife never tested positive. Youngest walked around like nothing. Oldest kid had cold/flu symptoms.
Weird ace virus. It is real. My brother got hit hard and was in the hospital for 6 weeks.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol yeah except no one on this team is near a Jordon level come on lmao…
And the Jordan performance stands out because it was so incredibly atypical. If players could typically play at their best when they were under the weather, they'd be hunting down flu bugs to improve their game.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
it totally depends on how bad the ailment/sickness is and how your body is reacting

at the time, i wasn't surprised or impressed that the flu/fever didn't impact Jordan's game
i've had similar experiences during a sports/work activity

but i also wouldn't have been surprised if he did have a reaction that impacted his game

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr