All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Agree 1000% It doesn't sound like much, but in the NFL, there's a big difference between 2nd and six, vs. 2nd and nine. Play action works better too, right? I know that much at least. :)
We’re a pass oriented team in a pass happy league. Opponents game plan for us with “ make Murray stay in the pocket “ and “ shut down the passing game “..... being able to run keeps them confused. You can’t shut down our passing game with less than five defensive backs.... but that only leaves six men in the box

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Better believe I bet Cardinals ML today.As bad luck as the Cardinals have been in their history, the Browns have been equally so. All of these issues for AZ just puts Cleveland in a position to lay a stinker. If it would have been the other way I would have similarly bet the Browns.
Come on guys...you can't be making me quote myself more than I already do my own. Now @kerouac9 will call me out...again.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You know what else I love about this team? The D hits HARD. They are physical and lay the wood unlike any Cardinals team I’ve seen since 2013.
Something I’ve noticed, in the past the defensive backs would not come forward as quickly as they do to make a tackle on screens and such. And it does seem like every tackle that is made , regardless of gain, is a hard tackle

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Something I’ve noticed, in the past the defensive backs would not come forward as quickly as they do to make a tackle on screens and such. And it does seem like every tackle that is made , regardless of gain, is a hard tackle
Even on the Watt strip sack, if you watch Hicks, he even lays the wood on someone going for the ball and knocks his ass to the ground giving Kennard an easy chance to jump on the ball.

It’s great. There is a physicality to this team on both sides of the ball ive never seen.

CardsFan1399

Rookie
Reaction score
Any word on team health coming out of this game? I didn’t notice anything major, but Murphy was limping a little.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
You know what else I love about this team? The D hits HARD. They are physical and lay the wood unlike any Cardinals team I’ve seen since 2013.
Some of those Bowles coached teams were hard hitting.

I think we're seeing this because the defense has guys who've played in this system for years now. Even JJ Watt has played in this defense before.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Any word on team health coming out of this game? I didn’t notice anything major, but Murphy was limping a little.
Yea just a tad after his missed int. But he kept playing rest of game so I’m assuming can’t be too bad.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Philips needs some kudos also. He plugged the middle pretty well and allowed Watt to be Watt
Yup. Phillips was a difference maker. If he can stay healthy the combo of Philip’s, watt, cj, golden, gardeck, and peters with Lawrence, fotu, and Allen should start to live up to the preseason hype for the front 7. The backend of the defense is shockingly effective. And the ILB trio have sturdy to greatness. The D should be for real.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of those Bowles coached teams were hard hitting.

I think we're seeing this because the defense has guys who've played in this system for years now. Even JJ Watt has played in this defense before.

2013 was the first Bowles D... after the first four games, they were hardest hitting D I’ve ever seen from the Cards. 2014 was solid too.

This one has the nastiness to get to that level.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Even on the Watt strip sack, if you watch Hicks, he even lays the wood on someone going for the ball and knocks his ass to the ground giving Kennard an easy chance to jump on the ball.

It’s great. There is a physicality to this team on both sides of the ball ive never seen.
going to watch for that next time I watch the highlights... will beat my Hicks drum a little louder next time people (correctly) point out his physical deficiencies... nice brain, nice shoulder

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Now I'm rooting for New England. Never though those words would be uttered out of this mouth.

The Dallas - Cardinals game is going to be amazing. I'd be amazed if it doesn't get flexed which will be a bummer as I won't be able to watch it live.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I know this is jinxing the **** out of the game but I don;t think the Packers are that good.

They have one great receiver and some guys. Their O line hasn't been great. Their defense is decent but nothing better than we have seen already.

It will be a tough game, but this team isn't as good as last years Packers IMO.

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Cardinals “didn’t blink” without Kliff Kingsbury

The Cardinals were missing head coach Kliff Kingsbury and a handful of players for Sunday’s game because of COVID protocols, but their absence didn’t stop them from blowing the Browns out 37-14.

Kingsbury’s absence meant that the Cardinals had other coaches handling both head coaching responsibilities and offensive playcalling, but none of the changes were noticeable as the team rolled to their sixth win in as many games this season. Quarterback Kyler Murray said assistant wide receivers coach Spencer Whipple “didn’t panic” while calling the offensive plays and defensive coordinator Vance Joseph said that calm approach was in place across the board.

“It’s been an up and down week, but our team leaders were great all week,” Joseph said, via Josh Weinfuss of ESPN.com. “No one wavered, no one blinked. The staff didn’t blink. Every day it was bad news and no one blinked — not one time. Even yesterday. Even Saturday morning at practice when the players knew that Kliff was down for the game, there were no worries. There was really an excitement to go play a really good football team. The boys performed. This staff is amazing. It’s a great football staff. It’s our third year all together and that helps — having continuity like this.”

The Cardinals had defensive lineman Corey Peters test positive on Sunday and Joseph expressed concern that the team may not be out of the woods on the COVID front, but the team handled things as well as possible on Sunday.