Have conviction.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
thats what I want. I want this organization to make decisions with conviction. I don’t want decisions made on popularity, ticket sales, or notoriety. If Murray is your guy then draft him and surround him with weapons. If not so be it. There’s no doubt in my mind this is the most pivotal year since moving to Arizona. We never saw 2008 coming. It was a grand illusion that came true. But this year is different. Decisions made this year will either bring us back to relevancy or it will propel us into the bowels of the nfl. So Mr. Bidwill, Mr. Kiem and Coach K you have some huge decisions to make. Whatever you do, do it with conviction.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
thats what I want. I want this organization to make decisions with conviction. I don’t want decisions made on popularity, ticket sales, or notoriety. If Murray is your guy then draft him and surround him with weapons. If not so be it. There’s no doubt in my mind this is the most pivotal year since moving to Arizona. We never saw 2008 coming. It was a grand illusion that came true. But this year is different. Decisions made this year will either bring us back to relevancy or it will propel us into the bowels of the nfl. So Mr. Bidwill, Mr. Kiem and Coach K you have some huge decisions to make. Whatever you do, do it with conviction.
I'm scared they will draft murray, trade Rosen & Murray bombs out. Then what? Back to square 1, looking for a QB once again. I'm all for just drafting the best player of need & keep Rosen. Even trade down for more picks & still get a damn good player.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I'm scared they will draft murray, trade Rosen & Murray bombs out. Then what? Back to square 1, looking for a QB once again. I'm all for just drafting the best player of need & keep Rosen. Even trade down for more picks & still get a damn good player.
Keep Rosen, draft Bosa, trade him to Oakland for 4th and 27th pick. We have 3 picks in the top 33 and don't have to eat dead money for Rosen. He will be good under our new system. No QB could have succeeded with our "system" last year. We need to fill a lot of holes.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

So what? There is a bigger chance Rosen fails then Murray, because he already had a crappy rookie year.

Fear of starting back at square one is irrational, that will happen again at some point. All the cards can do is try to get the a QB with the most upside and hope for the best.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
So what? There is a bigger chance Rosen fails then Murray, because he already had a crappy rookie year.

This makes no sense to me. So everyone who doesn't kill it their rookie year automatically has a higher bust rate than any draft prospect? That's basically what you just implied. Does Rosen have a higher chance of failing than Haskins, Jones, Lock, Finley, Grier and every other QB who might get drafted as well?

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Fear of starting back at square one is irrational, that will happen again at some point. All the cards can do is try to get the a QB with the most upside and hope for the best.

So we should take Tyree Jackson at 1??

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I'm scared they pass on Murray, Rosen becomes an average QB, and Murray becomes great.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
I'm scared they pass on Murray, Rosen becomes an average QB, and Murray becomes great.

My irrational fear is that we take Murray and he gets injured badly by whatever pass rusher the 49ers take. Knowing Keim's luck with 1st round picks it seems nearly a given that this will happen actually. Cooper, Humphries and Nkemdiche all have had a horrible time avoiding injury. DB and Reddick, the undersized athletes for their positions have been relatively healthy but have sucked. Rosen, the prototypical guy, has sucked as well. For Murray's sake, I almost feel sorry for him if Keim picks him.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
A team can win a average QB but cant win with a average Defense or Offensive line or Recievers would you call Nick Foles Elite Jeff Hostetler elite Doug William's elite what do they have in common oh yes each one has a Super Bowl ring what about the elite ones well Dan Fouts was pretty good Dan Marino was elite of course there are others that I cant remember the point is Its A Freaking Team that wins it all Murray wont win Jack by himself no matter how Elite his Skills are

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
A team can win a average QB but cant win with a average Defense or Offensive line or Recievers would you call Nick Foles Elite Jeff Hostetler elite Doug William's elite what do they have in common oh yes each one has a Super Bowl ring what about the elite ones well Dan Fouts was pretty good Dan Marino was elite of course there are others that I cant remember the point is Its A Freaking Team that wins it all Murray wont win Jack by himself no matter how Elite his Skills are

I DUB THEE - KNIGHT OF THE RUN-ON SENTENCES

:D

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Then what? Well, we hope Bidwill has conviction, when he cleans house and starts over from ground zero.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
Well, KK has already proved that he doesn't need great QBs to execute his offense...so an average Rosen will get the job done.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I think it is much more rare to win with an average QB consistently compared to a great QB... Brady has won with three entirely different teams and a lot of the players on them were not thought of as great players or even close to Bosa's credentials in college... The best QB's consistently make the playoffs.. teams with "average" qb's very rarely do...

RON_IN_OC

Reaction score
I think it is much more rare to win with an average QB consistently compared to a great QB... Brady has won with three entirely different teams and a lot of the players on them were not thought of as great players or even close to Bosa's credentials in college... The best QB's consistently make the playoffs.. teams with "average" qb's very rarely do...
Brady would probably not be TB12 without Belicheck. He would be an average QB.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Keep Rosen, draft Bosa, trade him to Oakland for 4th and 27th pick. We have 3 picks in the top 33 and don't have to eat dead money for Rosen. He will be good under our new system. No QB could have succeeded with our "system" last year. We need to fill a lot of holes.

I dont think

No. Average QBs dont win in the NFL anymore. This isn't 1983. Really good QBs can even win with bad offensive lines (Wilson and Brady at times).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Well, KK has already proved that he doesn't need great QBs to execute his offense...so an average Rosen will get the job done.

In college yes. Against teams that have very limited time to install game plans. Against horrible defenses.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Same argument for Murray in college, right? The Big 12 is the No 12 for defense.

Exactly.Lousy defensive conference.5 teams in the conference defenses gave up over 30 points a game average. The BEST defense gave up a average of almost 23 points a game.Defense optional conference.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Same argument for Murray in college, right? The Big 12 is the No 12 for defense.

Exactly.Lousy defensive conference.5 teams in the conference defenses gave up over 30 points a game average. The BEST defense gave up a average of almost 23 points a game.Defense optional conference.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

This is a lazy take. This assumes that 1) Rosen wont improve with better coaching, weapons, protection, and locker room morale, and 2) Murray is a fail-safe pick. Both of which I can say with confidence are false. With that logic, Sam Darnold and Josh Allen are destined for failure because all three had...well....rookie seasons.

You also don’t draft a QB to win ROY, you draft him to develop and become the QBoF. If Rosen stays, we’ll know a lot more about what we truly have in him. If he balls out in 2019, that’s great. We have our QBoF plus whomever the #1 pick is to do damage. If we trade Rosen and draft Murray, we have a project at QB with no #1 pick to make an instant impact.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose