Have conviction.

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by slanidrac16, Mar 20, 2019.

1. slanidrac16

slanidrac16 Registered User Contributor

thats what I want. I want this organization to make decisions with conviction. I don’t want decisions made on popularity, ticket sales, or notoriety. If Murray is your guy then draft him and surround him with weapons. If not so be it. There’s no doubt in my mind this is the most pivotal year since moving to Arizona. We never saw 2008 coming. It was a grand illusion that came true. But this year is different. Decisions made this year will either bring us back to relevancy or it will propel us into the bowels of the nfl. So Mr. Bidwill, Mr. Kiem and Coach K you have some huge decisions to make. Whatever you do, do it with conviction.

phillycard, daves, JosiahLee and 2 others like this.
  2. Cardsfaninlouky

Cardsfaninlouky Registered

I'm scared they will draft murray, trade Rosen & Murray bombs out. Then what? Back to square 1, looking for a QB once again. I'm all for just drafting the best player of need & keep Rosen. Even trade down for more picks & still get a damn good player.

Solar7, Delmar M Lewis and BW52 like this.
  3. AZ Native

AZ Native Living is Easy with Eyes Closed

Keep Rosen, draft Bosa, trade him to Oakland for 4th and 27th pick. We have 3 picks in the top 33 and don't have to eat dead money for Rosen. He will be good under our new system. No QB could have succeeded with our "system" last year. We need to fill a lot of holes.

4. Proximo

Proximo Registered

So what? There is a bigger chance Rosen fails then Murray, because he already had a crappy rookie year.

Fear of starting back at square one is irrational, that will happen again at some point. All the cards can do is try to get the a QB with the most upside and hope for the best.

5. BirdDroppings

BirdDroppings Rookie

This makes no sense to me. So everyone who doesn't kill it their rookie year automatically has a higher bust rate than any draft prospect? That's basically what you just implied. Does Rosen have a higher chance of failing than Haskins, Jones, Lock, Finley, Grier and every other QB who might get drafted as well?

6. Ohcrap75

Ohcrap75 Registered

So we should take Tyree Jackson at 1??

BirdDroppings likes this.
  7. DVontel

DVontel Registered

Bad logic is bad.

HeHasRosen, abcard, Solar7 and 3 others like this.
  8. Krangthebrain

Krangthebrain DPOY

I'm scared they pass on Murray, Rosen becomes an average QB, and Murray becomes great.

9. BirdDroppings

BirdDroppings Rookie

My irrational fear is that we take Murray and he gets injured badly by whatever pass rusher the 49ers take. Knowing Keim's luck with 1st round picks it seems nearly a given that this will happen actually. Cooper, Humphries and Nkemdiche all have had a horrible time avoiding injury. DB and Reddick, the undersized athletes for their positions have been relatively healthy but have sucked. Rosen, the prototypical guy, has sucked as well. For Murray's sake, I almost feel sorry for him if Keim picks him.

Solar7 likes this.
  10. Delmar M Lewis

Delmar M Lewis Registered

A team can win a average QB but cant win with a average Defense or Offensive line or Recievers would you call Nick Foles Elite Jeff Hostetler elite Doug William's elite what do they have in common oh yes each one has a Super Bowl ring what about the elite ones well Dan Fouts was pretty good Dan Marino was elite of course there are others that I cant remember the point is Its A Freaking Team that wins it all Murray wont win Jack by himself no matter how Elite his Skills are

11. Cuozzo

Cuozzo Formerly Known as ColorWerx

I DUB THEE - KNIGHT OF THE RUN-ON SENTENCES

:D

12. RON_IN_OC

RON_IN_OC http://ronevansrealty.com

Then what? Well, we hope Bidwill has conviction, when he cleans house and starts over from ground zero.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Cardsfaninlouky likes this.
  13. RON_IN_OC

Well, KK has already proved that he doesn't need great QBs to execute his offense...so an average Rosen will get the job done.

14. RON_IN_OC

He may have issues with punctuation and grammar, but his point is valid.

15. CSDFan

CSDFan Registered

I think it is much more rare to win with an average QB consistently compared to a great QB... Brady has won with three entirely different teams and a lot of the players on them were not thought of as great players or even close to Bosa's credentials in college... The best QB's consistently make the playoffs.. teams with "average" qb's very rarely do...

speedy, daves and PACardsFan like this.