Have conviction.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, you forgot, Kyler Murray will never get hit. He will be the first player in NFL history to never have contact with a defender. Even if a guy came at him from his blindside, Kyler would have felt the air swirling around him, he would be aware. Then he would deliver a perfect touchdown throw of 75 yards to a player who was triple covered, placing the pass in a completely new spot that conventional QBs are unaware of.

Wow, the kid sounds amazing. We should probably draft him.

BirdDroppings

Rookie
Reaction score
No, you forgot, Kyler Murray will never get hit. He will be the first player in NFL history to never have contact with a defender. Even if a guy came at him from his blindside, Kyler would have felt the air swirling around him, he would be aware. Then he would deliver a perfect touchdown throw of 75 yards to a player who was triple covered, placing the pass in a completely new spot that conventional QBs are unaware of.

It's a shame the guy is wasting his life playing football when he could clearly cure cancer, end poverty and cause world peace instead.

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score
Then you dont draft him.

I think he's better and has more of a chance of being a transcendent talent than Josh Rosen who most agree is in the Eli Manning/Matt Ryan class if he meets his potential.
Uh Eli has a ring and Ryan has been to big dance too so it ain't half bad company to be in if I do remember Mattie boy has destroyed the Cards multiple times too

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Uh Eli has a ring and Ryan has been to big dance too so it ain't half bad company to be in if I do remember Mattie boy has destroyed the Cards multiple times too

Neither are good enough to lead a lesser team though. They both require very good teams around them to be effective.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Neither are good enough to lead a lesser team though. They both require very good teams around them to be effective.
And when did Murray ever have a average team supporting him?Seems like he has always had a top notch team to work with.What average team has he elevated?

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That's what makes me laugh...the thinking that Murray will just scoot away from those NFl guys just like he did at OKIE U.SO glad he has 'figured out" the QB position to dazzle those bums in the NFl who will be trying to crunch him.Being extremely skilled at avoiding hits might work at OKIE U but this is the NFL..bigger,better,stronger,faster guys all looking to get the QB.Remind again....How many times did Russell Wilson get sacked last season.....52 times.FIFTY-TWO sacks.Wilson is considered one of the most agile smart QBs in the NFL.
must be those same fools that think bama would beat an nfl team. the worst nfl defense is better than bama.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Eli’s 2011 Giants beg to differ.

Matt Ryan’s 2016 Falcons were bad on defense, too. Most of tenure he had bad defenses & still done more with less compared to a guy people fawn over in Phillip Rivers.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow, the kid sounds amazing. We should probably draft him.

amazing?

Allow me to add: astonishing, astounding, awesome, breathtaking, extraordinary, fabulous, fantastic, improbable, incredible, marvellous, overwhelming, phenomenal, remarkable, spectacular, splendid, staggering, startling, wonderful, unbelievable, unforeseen, unthinkable, unimaginable, unanticipated, unexpected, unpredicted.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Eli’s 2011 Giants beg to differ.

Matt Ryan’s 2016 Falcons were bad on defense, too. Most of tenure he had bad defenses & still done more with less compared to a guy people fawn over in Phillip Rivers.

Yeah but the Chargers have to get through the Patriots to contend.

The 2011 Giants had a weak NFC East to get through and caught fire at the right time (2009 Cardinals Super Bowl team)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah but the Chargers have to get through the Patriots to contend.

The 2011 Giants had a weak NFC East to get through and caught fire at the right time (2009 Cardinals Super Bowl team)
Only twice & he was the higher seed in one of them. AFC West was weak for a while until Peyton came through.

True, but that still doesn’t take away his postseason performance. I don’t see Rivers beating Harbaugh’s 49ers on the road in rainy weather.

Matt Ryan is what people think Philip Rivers is.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Only twice & he was the higher seed in one of them. AFC West was weak for a while until Peyton came through.

True, but that still doesn’t take away his postseason performance. I don’t see Rivers beating Harbaugh’s 49ers on the road in rainy weather.

Matt Ryan is what people think Philip Rivers is.

I'd argue that a lot of Rivers career he has had a subpar receiving corps and offensive line. The Chargers have mostly been a crap team. Last year was the first time in a while that the Chargers were really competitive.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd argue that a lot of Rivers career he has had a subpar receiving corps and offensive line. The Chargers have mostly been a crap team. Last year was the first time in a while that the Chargers were really competitive.
Because he needed a really great team around him to be effective. I don’t think the same can be said with Matt Ryan who has had his fair share of bad offensive line as well.